My husband, daughter and I stayed in the Kalispell Holiday Inn Express from August 4th to August 9th. We had a suite with a king size bed and a pull out sofa. The room was beautiful and spacious and very clean. The staff was friendly.
Unfortunately there were some issues that can not be ignored.
There is construction work taking place all around the hotel that we had to drive through to get into the parking lot. In addition to the inconvenience, unsightliness and dust, the work being done included compaction vibrating rollers that began very early in the morning. Not only did it vibrate everything in the building (glass lampshades), but we could feel the vibration as well coming up through the floor. It seemed to affect our inner ears and even our eyes that resulted in a sick vertigo sensation. There was nothing that we could do about it of course except get out of the building. We understand that this was not the hotels fault and that they were the ones who were suffering the most because they had to put up with it the most. Cumulatively though, this was a problem and we would have chosen another hotel if we had known.
The first night we noticed a bad smell in the kitchenette area and sniffed around looking for the source. Our days were long as we tried to fit many things in and we would arrive back at the hotel room too exhausted to do anything about it. Each night we continued to smell the foul odor and it occurred to us that it must be a water tray under or behind the refrigerator. The next morning (the day before we left) I made a note to housekeeping informing them of the odor and asking them to please check the refrigerator water tray. When we returned to the room at 11:30 that night we were overwhelmed with cleaning product fumes. We had no choice but to thank them for cleaning the mess but then had to ask for another room because the fumes made the room uninhabitable. The workers at the desk were friendly, courteous and extremely efficient at getting us into another room.
The one thing that we can not excuse is that the day that the housekeeping staff cleaned up the odor was the day that my one pair of Lucky Brand bluejeans was taken from my drawer in the room. I searched all my belongings, my husbands and my daughters and when we repacked our van we searched that too. The jeans were in the drawer the morning of Thursday the 8th when I held them in my hand and chose not to wear them on the fishing boat that day thinking they might be too warm. I also remember wishing that I had not brought them because they were too bulky and my suitcase already too cumbersome. We spoke with the manager Brandon Peterson who was polite and said he would investigate the matter and call us.
I was willing to believe that somehow I must have imagined that I brought the jeans at all but of course when we returned home they were not there either. I would have liked to ignore this and not let it stain our vacation but someone went in my drawer, rooted through my things and simply took something of value that did not belong to them. It’s been a week now that I have not heard from Brandon Peterson so I called him. He said he talked to everyone, that staff has their belongings searched everyday before they leave and that the person who cleaned the room that day has been with them a long time. I told him that I would like the matter to be dealt with as a crime but he told me nothing could be done because nothing could be proved.
In summation; the hotel is beautiful but I wouldn’t even consider going until the construction is complete. The staff is friendly and accommodating but their manager Brandon Peterson is helpless if you actually need him. Most importantly there is at least one thief on staff who has access to your room and if they decide after going through your belongings to take something nothing will be done about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Kalispell hotel located near Glacier National Park. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell is located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains and at the steps of Glacier National Park. We are only six miles from Glacier International Airport. Our hotel in Montana provides breathtaking views of the area with its pristine location, making it a great place to work and play. Travelers needing Kalispell accommodations for vacation will appreciate our close proximity to national parks, nine golf courses within a 45 minute radius and Big Mountain Ski Resort, located only 17 miles from the hotel. You can take a scenic trip to Glacier National Park or take a boat out on Flathead Lake. If business brings you to Kalispell you're sure to find our Montana accommodations suitable to your needs. We provide free wireless Internet access, an on-site Business Center and meeting space. We are also conveniently located near Kalispell Regional Medical Center, Plum Creek and Flathead Community College. All of our Kalispell hotel guests receive a complimentary hot breakfast complete with our signature cinnamon rolls. Our pet-friendly hotel seeks to provide more than just lodging in Kalispell; we want your stay to be an experience. You don't even have to leave the premises to relax in our state-of-the-art whirlpool, Fitness Center and indoor swimming pool. Check out our great Kalispell hotel deals and rates and book your reservation now. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Kalispell
- Holiday Inn Express Kalispell
- Holiday Inn Kalispell
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kalispell Montana