FairBridge Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Run down, smelly and completely out of date. Nothing has been done to this property since the 70's or 80's. Surprised it still passes health regulations given the condition.

Managed to be in Kalispell late on a Friday night when there were no other choices and had to stay here because everyone else was full. Cost me more than $ 200 for a bad bed (sore back for days) in a bad room.

If you are planning a trip and have time and choices, DO NOT STAY HERE. If you find yourself in town and there are no other choices, keep driving till you find another choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 July 2013

A trip to Glacier Park is a must BUT book your lodgings before you get there or you might have to stay at the Outlaw. They will never get better for that would be very costly & people stay as there is a shortage of rooms in town & they don't count on repeats.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

This was the only hotel with rooms available in Kalispell, rather than follow our instinct and go back to Seeley Lake, we took a chance. We walked into our room and right back out, the room reeked of cigarette smoke. Front staff was very helpful and gave us another room, which did not smell of smoke. We where not in our room long when we started smelling a skunk smell only to realize that someone was smoking marijuana and the smell was being sucked into our room through the large gap under the door. There was a lot of people under the influence coming over from the apartments next door to use the pool. The pool itself was very cold, to cold for us to swim in. The walls are very thin, and the noise carried on until after 1 am, we ran the tv all night to try and drown out the noise. The shower is horrible, and the water runs from hot to cold, defying all attempts at regulating temperature. Breakfast proved to be to much trouble and too long a line for even one of the two waffle makers, we just left. $200+ per night and we never did get any wifi, and I tried all through the night. It was so disappointing, I truly just wanted to cry. I learned a valuable lesson and will never stay in Kalispell or the surrounding area again, it's worth the drive to just go to Great Falls and stay there. Much more reasonable, more stores, better customer service. I hope this place cleans it up, it's truly a dive and I feel like I should go get tested for disease after staying one night here, very freaky to find someone's used toothbrush in your room :/

Room Tip: There truly isn't, sleep in your car, your better off
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The Outlaw has seen better days - roughly 40 years ago. The entire facility needs a major renovation to be worth $100 a night. I haven't seen a tube tv in a hotel room in at least five years. The rooms are large and if the owner made improvements if could be a nice place. On the bright side, the staff was wonderful and provided prompt assistance.

1  Thank Pandaparty
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

The front desk was very helpful at check in. The breakfast was fine.
The place smelled bad.
The carpets were worn right threw.
The bath rooms were disgusting.....
The rooms were dirty and dingy.
The pool deck was make of concrete and 1 inch stones so was impossible to keep clean.
I would not recommend.

1  Thank Darwin R
Reviewed 14 July 2013

It's hard to know where to begin. When we entered the exterior door to go to our room, it was propped open by a rock. (It should be closed and only opened by a room key) We discovered why. Upon entering the hallway, a strong pet urine smell lingered. Our room smelled very stale and smelled odd. Upon entering the bathroom, we discovered a long hair and several pubic hairs, on the floor, in the shower and on top of the toilet; obviously, who ever cleaned the room, used the same cloth on the toilet, on the floor and to "clean" the inside of the shower, very unhygienic! There was some kind of exposed water lines running behind the toilet, old water stains on the bottom exterior of the tub, and a large crack in the linoleum. When standing in the shower the bottom of the tub creaked in several places possibly due to rotting floor underneath. Oh and the floating toilet was held up by a block of wood at the base! The carpet in the bedroom and outside the bathroom was dirty, smelly and very stained. We decided to explore the pool area. We entered the hallway outside the pool area and it smelled like a combination of old cheese, smelly feet and like someone had vomited on the floor. Needless to say, we decided not to take a swim in the pool afraid that the the pool would be just as hygienic. Even though breakfast was part of the room, we decided to skip it. If the rooms were the same standard as the breakfast, we would rather not risk it.
When we checked out in the morning we were "greeted" by an indifferent clerk who looked annoyed that I had approached the desk and proceeded to wipe his nose with the back of his hand while attempting to check us out. He then asked the general manager to check us out who was standing next to him. We mentioned how unclean and unhygienic the bathroom was and mentioned that there was pubic hair in the bathroom, she just laughed & couldn't have cared less. We paid $138 for a room that should have barely been $40. Steer clear of this dump!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank m h
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Geez, can it get any worse. We will look at the room you checked into and see if this room just needs to be put out of order until it gets a total renovation. Thanks.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My stay at the Outlaw Inn was not by choice, I had read all the reviews online and if it wasn't for my child I would have slept in the car in Walmart Parking lot.
Checking in was a nightmare, it was a busy night and huge line and only one person working the Front Desk. You could tell she was frustrated having to check so many people in by herself and answering the phone among various other things. It took 25 minutes just to get checked in.
When I got to the room it was clean but dated. The room was stocked with only two bath towels and when I called the front desk requesting more Angela who answered the phone said she would get them to my room as soon as possible. She never did give me a time frame. I finally went down to the Front Desk to get some towels and told they were out and she had to go and get some more. At this point I just gave up.
The bright side of the stay was they did have a shuttle service and the gentlemen who was on shift made sure everything was arranged and even verified that we were set. I mentioned the bath towels to him and within 5 minutes he had them at our door. He apologized for us not getting them sooner and explained that Angela was doing the work of two people and is usually the best customer service person at the hotel.
I don’t know how the gentlemen knew but as we were leaving our room the Asian gentlemen I never did get his name was at our door to help us take our luggage to the lobby. Since I was dealing with an infant that was a life saver.
I have very mixed reviews of the hotel, while some of the staff seems to have given up other members will bend over backwards for you. I was told that it is under new ownership and it is going to improve but it is a work in progress. Thanks to the gentlemen who helped me out so much I would give The Outlaw Inn one more chance, but just one more chance.
Linda

Room Tip: Room # 140 was nice and quier
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for commenting on Cory's exceptional guest service. All of our agents enjoy delivering that level of service when they have time. Your check-in resulted as a sick employee calling in and leaving one to fend for themselves. It's tough when the unexpected happens. We are definitely worth a 2nd chance. The next time you come back, you will see some changes.