“Nice upgrade but still a work in progress”

FairBridge Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Chelan, Washington, United States
“Nice upgrade but still a work in progress”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

As you've read from other reviews, there is a major remodeling project in progress right now. We asked for and got one of the remodeled rooms and, in general, I was happy with it. Room 310 was HUGE for a single king room. It had all the basic stuff including frige, microwave and a very comfortable bed. There was an old fashioned 27-inch color tv WAY across the room. It worked but was hard to see from the bed because the room was so big. Front Desk said that all the rooms will be getting new larger TV's at the end of the remodel project. Bathroom was clean but couldn't tell if much remodeling had been done there. Staff did a very nice job at check-in. Special shout-out to Karen - she went out of her way to make my stay enjoyable. I was there for a business meeting at a hotel across the street (much more expensive). I would stay again but would probably look for something just a little nicer if I was bringing my wife along.

Room Tip: This is a very large facility. Ask for one of the newly-remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Karen is a wonderful asset to our hotel and she thoroughly enjoys assisting our guests. Thanks for staying with us as an economical alternative in lodging.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Milton Freewater, Oregon
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Rooms dark, asked for a non smoking room, room smelled like someone had smoked in it. There was trash from previous guest in the bathroom. We were awake most of the night with a party in the room across the hall...until 4:30 AM. I know that isn't the facility's fault, people today aren't very caring about their neighbors. Can't recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Our hotel is all non smoking but not everyone respects it. If anyone doesn't like the odor of their room, please let us know so that we may freshen it or move you to another room. If there is noise as well, please call the front desk and we would be happy to make sure the hotel is quiet and peaceful for a good nights rest.

Travellers are raving about these Kalispell hotels

Helena, Montana
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Our team parents were pretty disappointed in our stay during the three blind refs tourney. We will not be staying again at the guesthouse in Kalispell.

--The fire alarm went off
--no microwave or fridge
--magnets on public doors did not work - fire issue
--pool area was dirty
--rooms provided either smelled like smoke or had paint fumes
--a lot of noise in hallways after 10pm until midnight
--windows nailed shut and could not be opened
--not much protein for athletes at breakfast
--rate too high for the quality provided

This is just what I can rattle off now. The travel agency booked us there only after visiting the hotel and seeing renovated rooms. They were ensured we would only be placed in rooms that were renovated. This was not the case.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. Three Blind Ref's Soccer weekend is huge in Kalispell and we thoroughly enjoy hosting the athletes and parents. When we do have 400 athletes in the hotel ranging from 8-18 years old, times do get hectic, it can be noisy, alarms can accidently be pulled and we all get together and ensure they have a great time and have a safe place to stay. Everyone for the tournament was guaranteed a renovated room if they booked 30 days out. Anyone walking in or making their reservation a few days out were placed where we had rooms. No need to worry now, all rooms are renovated.
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I read reviews on Trip Advisor but have never written a review until now. I would feel terrible to not share what a complete DUMP this place is!! We reserved a block of room for our kids soccer tournament and was told that the entire motel was being remodeled and would be done by that time. This couldn't be further from the truth!! They have remodeled a few rooms but the entire rest of the motel is dirty and disgusting! The first room they gave us (that was supposed to be a remodeled room and wasn't) was old, dirty and smelled like the prior guest smoked in it all night!! Not to mention the cigarette butt right outside the room door of a supposedly non-smoking room. And the toilet was held up by a wood block!! I had to go back to the front dest 3 times with complaints before the MANAGER finally found me a new room. When I told the manager about the toilet he told me that lots of the toilets have that for support. REALLY!?!?
We were supposed to get group rates for the soccer event. I was over charged by the manager at check-in. When I asked him about it he said I was wrong. After speaking to the other families about what they paid, I realized I had in fact overpaid. I asked the front attendant who agreed with me the next morning. While attempting to refund my credit card she handed me a receipt to sign and had charged me an additional $25 instead of refunding it!! Now they owed me $50 and I was told I would have to wait until the manager came in at 3pm. Yes. That same manager! UGG!
I could go on and on but I think you get the picture. Of our 11 families not 1 of us would ever stay here again. Never.

Room Tip: Choose a different motel!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HoneymoonBelize
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for expressing your concern about your previous stay. Special group rates are given within a specific window of time and you reserved your room two days before the event therefore the discount rate was not given at first. We are working fast and hard to renovate rooms. Out of 150 rooms, 120 were renovated, however you did not get a renovated room due to last minute booking. By June 20th, all 150 rooms will be renovated with completely new bathrooms, carpet, bedding and paint. We are excited!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 19 April 2014

First stay since the Outlaw Inn became a Guest House and I have to say I couldn't be happier. They have remodeled and the rooms are spectacular, it was like staying in a brand new hotel. The customer service was 2nd to none even my wife who is very picky was happy with the room.. You could not get a better deal, and economy hotel that treats you like a 4 star hotel. I will be back this summer. Kudos to the staff for making my stay so pleasant!!

Room Tip: If you need wifi request a room on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Marcus L
Yah, we did our job correctly. Thanks for letting us know that we are improving the looks of the hotel and treated our guests superbly. That's our goal. Safe Travels.
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Remodel look wonderful, a much needed update to an older hotel. Staff was helpful. And location is close to down town shopping. There is also some good places to eat within walking distance. And a fitness center large enough to really work out after a large dinner

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Fenris123
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I came to this hotel with my family for my cousins surgury. Upon arriving at the pool I was really upset that it wasent as nice as we thought it was. All those dumb pictures online are not right and to me that is false advertisement. I will not stay at this hotel again and nor will I ever recommend the stupid place to anyone. The staff was very disrespectful and wore some of the most unprofessional looking clothes that I've ever seen any hotel/motel employees wear. Before we left my uncle bumped the mirror and the light flickered and then the tv shut off then the light got brighter then poped as I was under it. Then suddenly the smoke detector started smoking and going off. Upon the arrival of the disrespectful maintence guy we told him what was going on and we said "there is something behind the mirror causing a shortage!" The maintenance man said "yeah, a wall." We then grabbed our stuff and promptly left. We will never stay at this establishment again.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank The1andonlyslinky
CinthiaR, General Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites And Outlaw Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
I remember your situation and well and I appreciate that you brought this to our attention while you were there. I understand that you were very upset. We are renovating 150 rooms currently and 50 of them are complete. We will be getting about 10 more in each week until complete. After this, we will be renovating the pool area. The pool can use a fresh coat of paint to look more pretty, however the heated pool is large and reaches depths of 8ft. We also offer a hot tub that is set at 104 degrees. We are undergoing renovations, therefore our guests to do have walk outside to get to the pool room which is aggravating in the cold. We should have our interior walk way done by April 10th. Our front desk agents wear black suit coats, our maintenance men wear logo'd denim shirts and our housekeepers wear green smocks. We did hear your complaint and tried to fix it while at the hotel.