“Made me feel at home!”

Red Lion Hotel Kalispell
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
“Made me feel at home!”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I was in Montana to say goodbye to my Mother I stayed at Red Lion Hotel. The staff got together and gave me a card that they all signed because she had passed. I will never forget their kindness. Great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Todd M
GeneralManagerLCB, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kalispell, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comment. I am happy my staff made you feel at home. Hopefully you can visit again in the near future for a little R&R.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked a room on line a month before our planned trip. The day we were supposed to leave it was storming so I had to call and cancel our reservation. This was done with no problems and no charge, even though I was cancelling only 4 hours prior to check in. The front desk staff that assisted me with this was very helpful and friendly. The next morning the roads were good so I phoned back and was able to get a room for 2 nights beginning that night.
The rooms are very nicely decorated with nice comfortable beds. My only room complaint was the fan in the bathroom, was in need of cleaning. Their breakfast is also a great value added bonus. They serve a full breakfast, omelet's, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, bagels, cereal and pastries.
We chose this hotel due to location, walking distance to downtown main street. Here you can find some excellent restaurants, Hop's and Norms News.
I would definatly stay here again and would recommend it to friends and family

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Heather H
GeneralManagerLCB, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kalispell, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
The weather can always but a damper on our travels. I am so glad my staff took are of you and adjusted to the weather. Thank you for your great and commenting on some of our great places in downtown to visit.
Cranbrook
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Our stay was great! The person that assigned our room was thinking. I have two little kids and our room was right across from the pool. The noon checkout was great too. That meant I could go shop and my husband and kids could stay in the room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your post. We ARE a great location for shopping and dining out with our downtown location. I hope you found some great "finds". Hope to see visit again soon.
Reviewed 3 March 2014

was given discount due to grampa in hospital/ Would have given 5 stars but pool area was really cold. But outside temps were below zero before wind chill!
Breakfast was unbelievable with cook for personal omelets and extensive selection.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Sorry to hear your Granpa was in the hospital. I hope he is doing better. Yes, its a bit of a challenge to keep the pool area warm with such fridged temperatures. Thank you for commenting on our wonderful breakfast, it's always a hit. I hope to see you visit again soon.
British Columbia
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed at the Red Lion for a night on our way back from Vegas. We were pleasantly surprised! The location was ideal, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the airport shuttle service was very prompt (which is not always our experience with park and fly options). The room was large for the price and very clean and the included breakfast was a nice treat - complete with warm options and an omelet station. A great choice for a stay in Kalispell!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I hope you enjoyed your time in Vegas !! Thank you for staying with us and taking advantage of breakfast and our shuttle to the airport. I appreciate you posting a review.
North Dakota
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stayed in two hotels in Kalispell. Grand Hotel and Red Lion (one block apart). Red Lion: Friendly staff, quiet room, clean bed, full hot and cold breakfast including omelet bar (only downfall closes at 9am). If you have time use the sauna and pool in a covered atrium. There is also an outdoor courtyard in the center of the motel. RL is a newer hotel and off of main street good for all types of travelers. GH: built in 1902 (very much enjoyed the character), but the noise was my problem. Older buildings have thinner walls and the AC unit is in the window all year round allowing more noise to come in. If you like historical renovation and don't mind a bit of noise you will appreciate this hotel with it's charm. No pool here if you have kiddos.

Room Tip: Request from the front desk if you want a quiet room or pool side for kids. They will accommodate.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I am proud that my staff took care of you and you filled up on our wonderful breakfast. Thank you for your review.
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I was pleasantly surprised! I stayed at this location when the hotel was called another name, Cavanahs, (I think) , and I was not impressed then (12 years ago). It was outdated and not very clean. Well, I guess Red-lion bought it and turned it into an amazing hotel! Especially for the price. The lobby was very beautiful, as were the rooms. We stayed in a room with a king bed and I felt as though I was staying in a higher end hotel. There were many pillows on the bed, it was very clean. The bathroom was all tile and granite. There was a closet for all of our things, a desk, sitting chair, night stands and large flat screen tv. It was a wonderful surprise, as we were expecting something mediocre at best. I will definitely stay there again and will recommend it to all of my friends that plan on visiting the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

GeneralManagerLCB, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kalispell, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Wow, I haven't heard Cavanaughs in a long time. Thank you for a great review. We appreciate you recommending our hotel to others. Hopefully, we will see you back sooner than later.