“Decent hotel for this area”
Review of Aero Inn

Aero Inn
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The hotel wasn't that spectacular, but the lady at the registration desk was the sweetest lady. She knew we were heading up to Glacier Park the next morning and she gave us hints on where to stop along our travels into the park. There was a nice hot tub that we enjoyed. The breakfast was minimal, but the staff was super friendly and the hotel was clean!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Front desk gal was friendly and accommodating.
They have corporate rooms for around $37 a nite.
Mixed clientele but not as ghetto as many Motel 6's I've been to.
Backs up to airport so you can watch copters and planes.
Large pet area at rear.
Across the street from coffee house, close to many restaurants.
I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: People smoke near back doors and go in/out frequently, so you might avoid that area if it's an i...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I was passing through for one day and was looking for a budget hotel with a pool to spend one night. At $40/night this was the cheapest option available.

I have to admit, after reading the other reviews I was a little leery, but I thought I'd give it a shot. For starters, I'd say everything in the previous posts is accurate. There's a noticeable smell of smoke entering the hotel. Thankfully this was just in the hallways, not in the rooms. The beds were somewhat hard and did have plastic sheets. It threw my back for a bit of a loop, but I've come to expect that from most places. My only major complaint about the room is the complete lack of soundproofing from the hall. A fairly rowdy group of people were up late and I could hear every word clearly through the door. Luckily, when I asked them to keep it down they were very apologetic and returned to their room.

The pool was nice and big, but uncomfortably cool for me. Didn't slow down the kids in the slightest. The hot tub, advertised at 107 degrees, wasn't even close. It was comfortably hot, but not quite hot enough to ease the achy muscles after the long drive. The sauna, though small, was more than hot enough to get a good sweat up and loosen me up. My biggest complaint here was that the hot tub is out of sight of the pool, so it's not possible to supervise children while soaking.

All-in-all, for the price I paid I can't really complain too much. I certainly wouldn't stay for a whole week, but for one or two nights, I'm happy to put up with the flaws.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kazabet
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We arrived early afternoon and found the desk attended by a young woman who was as welcoming as a winter ice storm and thought, “oh boy here we go”, (honestly was she afraid her face would crack if she smiled or said hello, or perhaps she was concerned one of her piercings would tear)? We got to the room and found it clean, and comfortable, although a little cool, and a note to future guests, it dose take a little while, 30-60 min. to warm up with the heat on high. I will also note that the shower curtains could be fresher (it was not as clean as one would hope), but everything else was great. The hotel is very nicely located along the same road as most of the best shopping and restaurants. We found the night desk clerk simply delightful, helpful, and so very warm and friendly we completely dismissed the day clerk. The pool, hot tub, and sauna were in good working order, nicely clean, and fairly quiet most of the time. The beds do have a noisy plastic sheet on them (but hello cleanliness) and the noise is overcome by another layer of some sort- we used a blanket and slept fine with some extra pillows. The only drawbacks I see to this hotel are A) the doors that slam, but you pretty much get that anywhere, and B) its proximity to the airport, but this only poses a problem during the regular daylight hours. All in all I would recommend this hotel to any one for a relaxing, economic, stay in Kalispell.

Room Tip: North side rooms- especially lower floor allow you to keep and eye on your car. Lower north is also...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Stayed here for two nights recently. I can't agree with some of the other reviewers on all points but there are definitely some areas that can be improved. I didn't like the plastic thing or whatever it is that is under the bottom sheet. Provide shampoo. The breakfast is hardly worth the time. Consists basically of toast and coffee. Cereal is either fruit loops or bran flakes (not raisin). It's the old - you get what you pay for - thing. Staff was friendly and responded to questions and requests in a satisfactory manner.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2011

The hotel looks great from the outside and the dog run is fantastic. From here on it is not good.
The halls in the hotel were poorly lit and also the hall rugs need replacing. The a/c has only one speed (full blast) and the rooms do smell of smoke. There was only soap in the rooms, no shampoo,hand lotion etc. Breakfast was O.K. toast, juice etc. nothing fancy. I think the owners need to come and see how this hotel is being kept.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank scooterbabealberta
Gilbert B, Owner at Aero Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

I have owned and managed the Aero Inn for 22 years. I am on the job managing the hotel almost seven days per week. We run full usually from mid June to late August. This equates to over 3000 guests per month. Unfortunately by the end of the summer, hallway and lobby carpets are dirty and things look worn. As soon as the summer season slows down, we deep clean all rooms, carpets common areas etc.. I can assure you that we work very hard at keeping things clean.Also, all airconditioners have numerous settings.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed here 1 nite, and that was way too long. After a long day on the road, we finally found a 1st floor room at a price that did not require a 2nd mortgage. We should have spent more money. The motel is old, has paper thin walls which shake whenever someone closes their door, smells of stale smoke, has unkempt looking staff, and, a basically non-existent breakfast bar. We WILL NOT stay here again, and, will WARN our friends against this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family