“Pleasant experience”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Macon, GA, United States
“Pleasant experience”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was pleasantly surprised. It's an easy location and was a great price so we took a chance. We were thrilled by the nice clean room and bathroom. The staff was friendly and accomodating. I would have liked to see some fruit at breakfast, but pancakes, cereals, yogurt, and pastries were decent.

Room Tip: no elevator so ask for 1st floor if you have a lot of luggage
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Shawn C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
With Value in our name, you know you are getting a great deal. Our goal is to ensure all our guests have a clean, quiet, comfortable stay while proving friendly service. I am happy we met or exceeded your needs.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this locale in July. I had selected this hotel based on a number of positive reviews. I may have gotten the bad apple. The negatives: Our room was directed across the hall from the ice/soda machines and the room door is an excellent conductor of noise. Especially around 6:00-7:00AM. Additionally, we ended up in a handicap room, which meant that the shower/tub and toilet were quite cramped due to the required rails. There was a stale odor of a room that had once been a smoking room years ago and was in desperate need of a carpeting & furniture refresh. I would describe the mattress as exceedingly firm. On the positive: the staff was friendly, the A/C worked quite well, it's conveniently located, and it's a bed out of the rain. I would highly recommend a different hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms anywhere near the ice/soda machines.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I am sorry to hear of this disappointment. As many hotels do, we provide Ice and vending machines for our guests. And I do agree that they can be noisy at times. We typically reserve our handicap room for people with disabilities or at someones request. Only as a last option do we rent this room when all other rooms have been booked. Unfortunately, that was this instance. As a courtesy to our disabled guests, we must make these vending machines accessible for them. In addition, I can assure you this room was never designated as a smoking room. Our entire hotel has been designated as a non smoking for over 15 years and in that time span the room has been repainted with new carpet and bedding on several occasions.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel as the prices in town at the other hotels were exorbitant. Though apprehensive about choosing this hotel, we had a good experience. The hotel was clean, no frills. The room was clean and so was the bath. The breakfast area and lobby were neat and the breakfast spread was reasonable. They had this wonderful pancake machine which churned out pancakes in 2 mins. The front desk was helpful and friendly and even tried to find a mini fridge for our room. Though the hotel is on the edge of town, the location is great. There are several good restaurants within a mile and there is also a Costco and Wal-Mart for easy grocery shopping. We like most travellers stayed at the hotel to visit Glacier National Park. The location of the hotel made it possible to use an alternate route to the park thus avoiding the crowds.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Shawn C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
I was very pleased that you had a "good experience" while staying with us. we all, as travelers, have our reservations when booking a room. I'm happy that you could see the value we offer without foregoing cleanliness and a friendly staff.
Belfair, Washington
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a nice hotel, Great friendly staff, Good location. Clean and bright rooms. Close to shopping, food and downtown. Close to the highway that leads to Glacier National Park. Really enjoyed our stay. Would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the wonderful compliments. We work very hard to ensure you have a clean, comfortable stay and as always, service with a smile.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stopped here on my way to Glacier Natl Park. This place is very clean and has a nice room layout. I'm picky and it met my standards as having clean sheets, didn't smell of smoke, and bathroom looked immaculate. You can see they take pride in the property. Breakfast was good. I liked the pancake machine. Makes them perfect. Front desk was very helpful at recommending places to go.

Room Tip: Keep in mind that there are rooms on a second floor that may have steps in the hall because the esta...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I am very happy to see that we met your picky standards. Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our cleanliness as well as helpful staff. We do take great pride in our property and ensuring that all our guests have an enjoyable stay.
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Just an average hotel located in a city where hotel prices are ridiculous!! There's no way this hotel would be charging well over $100 if it was located anywhere else! No pool. Breakfast was average I guess, no selection of juices and nothing the kids wanted, so we went to McDonald's. It's older but remodeled, newer carpet, clean. Strange set up of the bathroom with a pocket door instead of regular door (ours didn't like to slide and kept getting stuck)and the bathtub placement was even stranger plus no conditioner which really bothered me!
Fine if all you need is a place to sleep. Easy to find location and close to all the shopping!

• Stayed July 2014
I do value your opinion regarding the hotel pricing in our area. While our prices do exceed $100.00 due to the influx of traffic we have during the summer months in the flathead valley, I can ensure you that we still maintain a reasonable value compared to many comparable hotels in town. Prices usually run between $150 to over $400 nightly. In addition, 9 month of the year we offer rates well below $100.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed in the Inn for 2 nights a couple of weeks ago. I had booked two rooms, for two nights. My room had a funny smell and I soon discovered that the shower wall wall leaking into the room and the carpet was very wet, I had to wear my shoes while in the room all the time. I also like to watch the news before I go to bed and unfortunately the TV was not working. In the morning I told the front deck and they did have someone come in and fixed the cable on the TV and had the water sucked up, however it was still damp and required shoes to walk around. We also had asked for a room on the first floor as I was with my 91 year old mother and steps are hard for her. They told me no problem, but they didn't tell me that even on the first floor you had to go up 5 steps to get to the rooms. The second room was in better condition and had no issues.

The breakfast was minimal, I thought that cereal and milk would have been available but no such luck. They did have pancakes, bread, muffins & bagels. Also sweet buns if you like that first thing in the morning. No fresh fruit, but they did have yogurt.

The Inn is is close proximity to everything, shopping, restaurants so the location was convenient. I have to say that when I checked out I mentioned that I thought that I should get a comp night due to the condition of the room, the manager did come out from the back and told me that wasn't going to happen, with a little attitude, but he did say he would give me 15% off, guess that was better than nothing.

I think next time I will look for a little higher end place to stay.

Room Tip: I would suggest room on the other side of Highway 93.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
We do apologize for this unfortunate incident. While it is our normal policy to move you to a new room, due to our full occupancy at this time, we unfortunately could not do this at that time. Although I was not the manager you spoke with regarding this matter, I am sorry for your inconvenience.