“Great staff!”

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Boulder, Colorado
“Great staff!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel because it was close to the hospital, where my daughter was having surgery. They gave me a discount because I mentioned I was there for medical reasons, and when she was unexpectedly released the first day, they allowed me to check out mid day, even though I had reserved three nights. Basic, clean room, which was all I needed, but exceptional service!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cindy S
Shawn C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, 8 October 2014
We do offer a discounted rate year round to patients and family members for not only the Kalispell Regional Hospital, but any of the medical facilities due to our proximity to the medical complex in town. We do try to be flexible with reservations and check out times because we understand that appointments and medical stays are unknown lengths and can change day to day. I do appreciate you recognizing our efforts to provide excellent service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I am still having nightmares.... There was a used wash cloth in the shower and the worst part is... I had a shower started to dry off with what I thought was a clean towel and realized there was dried blood and mud on the towel from a previous guest... I wanted to check out but everything in the are was booked. I was very distraught as you can imagine! We went to talk to the manger, but he was not there. We got new towels at Wal-Mart so I could re-shower and feel clean. We also found other dirt/ garbage where the spare pillows were from previous guests. The next morning the owners response was this was not a regular occurrence. What do you want from me?He did acknowledge that his housekeeping logs showed a missing facecloth for that room so that would account for the dry crusty one we found in the shower caked in blood and dirt. He was not going to do any thing for us.. However as guests started to arrive for breakfast he agreed to pay me back for the towels I had bought at Wal-Mart. HOW GENEROUSE of him! I am still Traumatised by this whole experience. I tried to contact him since arriving home and he has still not returned my calls...Avoid this place at all costs !!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pambret
I did view the wash cloth and alleged towel and I can attest that neither item was "caked in blood and dirt". How could I have acknowledged that the house keeping logs showed we were "missing a face cloth for that room" when we do not have logs. All of our laundry is outsourced to a professional laundry service. The next morning when I returned to work, the husband did come down and apologetically say that his wife was going to be down in a minute and she has a tendency to over react to cleanliness matters. When she arrived I listened to her concerns and I politely asked her what I could do to resolve this matter with her. I did not say "What do you want from me?" she simply stated "you can pay for the towels I purchased at Walmart" I did that without hesitation and they checked out. I also can attest that she never "tried to get contact me since arriving home" I never once received a message to return a call. A few days later she had the Health Department inspect us and, as they do every year during an unannounced visit found no health violations.
Sacramento
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I'd pass on this place in the future. Low cost but the highway noise is terrible, rooms are small (clean) and the bed uncomfortable. Breakfast is a joke. Parking is a challenge unless you have a compact. For $40 more per night you can stay at a more modern chain.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Shawn C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
As an economy hotel we do provide a clean room at a value price. We are located on Hi way 93 and due to the large influx of summer traffic the road does become very busy. However, we are very conveniently located at the north end of town between downtown Kalispell and the new shopping complex to our north. We are a no frills establishment, but we do ensure a clean comfortable stay. We make every attempt to accommodate our guest requests by providing at their request a room facing the back of the hotel to avoid any disturbance they may experience. We do advertise and provide a continental breakfast which by definition is pastries, coffee and tea. We feel that we provide an expanded continental breakfast. We provide hot pancakes, bagels, muffins,toasting breads,rolls, hot cereal, yogurt coffee, tea, orange juice, hot chocolate, and apple cider.
Vegreville, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was a nice hotel, average, clean, great service. The gal at the front gave us a good deal without me having to ask. She also gave us a room with a fridge and a microwave which was nice. The breakfast was OK, nice variety. Hotel was clean, nothing fancy. I would definitely stay there again, the price was right and the service was great. It gets very busy in Kalispell when Canadians have a long weekend!! It is very close to shopping, the Walmart, Costco, TJMax, and several restaurants. (We went to one called Dave's and it was fabulous). Also the theater is very close, we saw a great movie for way cheaper than we could have in Canada!
The pro's were the price and great service, super hard mattress (which I loved), decent breakfast, good location.
Cons were a bit of a smell in the room like old smoke (even though it was a non smoking room)
If you are looking for something fancy this is not the place, but if you need a place to sleep after a long day of shopping, this is it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
I am pleased that you found our hotel to be clean and a great value. In addition, we aim to provide excellent service to all our guests. I am happy we did so. Our location is very ideal. We are located half way between downtown Kalispell and the new shopping centers north of town. With easy access to both you can accomplish all your shopping needs within minutes away.
Macon, GA, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I was pleasantly surprised. It's an easy location and was a great price so we took a chance. We were thrilled by the nice clean room and bathroom. The staff was friendly and accomodating. I would have liked to see some fruit at breakfast, but pancakes, cereals, yogurt, and pastries were decent.

Room Tip: no elevator so ask for 1st floor if you have a lot of luggage
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
With Value in our name, you know you are getting a great deal. Our goal is to ensure all our guests have a clean, quiet, comfortable stay while proving friendly service. I am happy we met or exceeded your needs.
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this locale in July. I had selected this hotel based on a number of positive reviews. I may have gotten the bad apple. The negatives: Our room was directed across the hall from the ice/soda machines and the room door is an excellent conductor of noise. Especially around 6:00-7:00AM. Additionally, we ended up in a handicap room, which meant that the shower/tub and toilet were quite cramped due to the required rails. There was a stale odor of a room that had once been a smoking room years ago and was in desperate need of a carpeting & furniture refresh. I would describe the mattress as exceedingly firm. On the positive: the staff was friendly, the A/C worked quite well, it's conveniently located, and it's a bed out of the rain. I would highly recommend a different hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms anywhere near the ice/soda machines.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
I am sorry to hear of this disappointment. As many hotels do, we provide Ice and vending machines for our guests. And I do agree that they can be noisy at times. We typically reserve our handicap room for people with disabilities or at someones request. Only as a last option do we rent this room when all other rooms have been booked. Unfortunately, that was this instance. As a courtesy to our disabled guests, we must make these vending machines accessible for them. In addition, I can assure you this room was never designated as a smoking room. Our entire hotel has been designated as a non smoking for over 15 years and in that time span the room has been repainted with new carpet and bedding on several occasions.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel as the prices in town at the other hotels were exorbitant. Though apprehensive about choosing this hotel, we had a good experience. The hotel was clean, no frills. The room was clean and so was the bath. The breakfast area and lobby were neat and the breakfast spread was reasonable. They had this wonderful pancake machine which churned out pancakes in 2 mins. The front desk was helpful and friendly and even tried to find a mini fridge for our room. Though the hotel is on the edge of town, the location is great. There are several good restaurants within a mile and there is also a Costco and Wal-Mart for easy grocery shopping. We like most travellers stayed at the hotel to visit Glacier National Park. The location of the hotel made it possible to use an alternate route to the park thus avoiding the crowds.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Shawn C, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Kalispell, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
I was very pleased that you had a "good experience" while staying with us. we all, as travelers, have our reservations when booking a room. I'm happy that you could see the value we offer without foregoing cleanliness and a friendly staff.