“weekend trip”

Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Kalispell
Reviewed 7 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelodge M, General Manager at Travelodge Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Reviewed 20 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelodge M, General Manager at Travelodge Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The front desk staff was helpful and friendly even when I locked myself out of my room and needed extra towels. I felt cared about and important. The continental breakfast was fresh every morning and well stocked. I will definitely make this my hotel of choice the next time I visit Kalispell!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank smsray
Travelodge M, General Manager at Travelodge Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

We thank you for giving us the highest rating possible on TripAdvisor. We're so pleased that your stay was clean and comfortable, and we are always happy to provide extras or help our guests out whenever possible. We look forward to accommodating your next stay in the beautiful Flathead Valley!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The motel is centrally located. It has ample parking and we found the room quiet. The bed was great and we slept well. Breakfast was good and handy as it saves an extra stop. We have stayed here often in the last few years and find the price reasonable especially in the off season. Staff are friendly and helpful, makes a person feel at home.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelodge M, General Manager at Travelodge Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Your review is greatly appreciated. We're pleased to learn that you've enjoyed your stays with us at the Travelodge in Kalispell. We look forward to accommodating your next visit in our area.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

When I booked I thought I was calling direct to the hotel and realized after, that I had called an online service. I told her that we needed a pet room but when we arrived they didn't have that noted, so we had to change rooms to a 'pet room' which had 2 beds and therefore cost more! It was close to the main street which is very busy and noisy, especially since the door didn't fit tight at all. I wouldn't want to be there when it was really cold. By looking at the parking lot, it wasn't very busy, so why did we have to be so close to the main street. The room was clean but old décor and the towels were very hard. The coffee pot leaked on the first morning and they did replace it, but we didn't bother to try it the next day. We didn't try the breakfast either, just wanted to get going for the day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Travelodge M, General Manager at Travelodge Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

It is our suggestion to all guests choosing to book through a 3rd party that they call the hotel direct to ensure that all details of their stay are as desired, as the 3rd party may not always make appropriate notes for the hotel staff. We apologize that you did not enjoy the location of your room, however, to reduce the spread of allergens, we block all pet rooms together on the back side of our North building. We also apologize for the coffee pot, though I am glad this was promptly replaced. We do hope you give the Travelodge of Kalispell another try on your way through our beautiful area.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I paid cash and they still charged my debit card that I used to secure the room. Not just for 1 night but three. When I called to try to work it out. They refused to reverse the charges and hung up on me.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Travelodge M, General Manager at Travelodge Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Your review is appreciated. We apologize for any miscommunication, however, you were not overcharged. Every night that the room was utilized under your name was charged. If you would like to provide a different form of payment, we would be happy to return the charges to your card. All transactions go through our booking system; should you have a receipt for your cash payment, we, again, would be happy to adjust any discrepancies. As well, we would not ordinarily hang up on any guest, however, if our associate is being degraded or verbally accosted, it is at our associates discretion to hang up or not. We are not in the business of being underhanded or deceitful, nor are we in a business in which our employees are required to endure disrespect. We do apologize that you were unhappy with the outcome of your final bill, but as we have already stated, we cannot make any changes or reversals without verification of other payments made.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I booked online for a good price however there is no place to mark for having a pet. I read it was 10.00 extra. When I checked in I was told I couldn't have the room I booked and would be switched to a "better room " (it has 2 beds!) and cost more. I told her I didn't need 2 beds and she just shrugged. I either can pay more or lose the money I had already paid. SCAM

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Travelodge M, General Manager at Travelodge Kalispell, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for your review. There is no scam regarding this situation, but rather, a miscommunication. When booking online, the third party site does not charge guests for the pet fee, so when our guests arrive with a pet, the $10.00 fee is charged out of pocket for the extra cleaning done within the room upon checkout. The only reason we required the room change was that our only pet-friendly rooms are all standard two queen rooms. We cannot permit a pet within a single queen or within an upgraded room as they are hypo-allergenic. I apologize that our staff was unable to convey this information with more clarity, but we do hope that you give our property another try on your next trip through our beautiful area. We are always more than happy to accommodate our guests with furry friends.