“Recommended for near Billings, Mt airport--superb staff!”

Best Western Yellowstone Crossing
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We checked in to have a close-to-Billings-airport place on the night before our flight home. We were most pleasantly greeted by Kayla, who went above and beyond to be helpful and friendly. She upgraded us to a roomy suite and just couldn't have been better at customer service! The owner has a treasure in Kayla!
The motel is run well, clean, has little perks and extras, like popcorn, and pretty seasonal decorations in the community breakfast area. The pool is well-maintained and nice than the usual. Overall, this is a great value and more than expected for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I have stayed at Best Westerns, Holiday Inn Express, Choice Motels, Hilton, and some boutique hotels that were rated 3-4 star. I have also stayed at 6 star hotels. I can honestly say that this place was one of the most comfortable, clean, and accomodating places I have ever been. The staff were exceptionally friendly, and professional. They had a nice breakfast the two days we were there with ample fruit, cold and hot cereals, juices, rolls and bread, coffee and tea. We mistakenly left a piece of my husbands breathing machine. They overnighted it to us immediately. KUDOS TO ALL OF THE STAFF. They take pride in their work.

Room Tip: We asked for a non-smoking room on the 3rd floor. The desk attendant suggested we take a second flo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nosmokegranny
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

Have stayed at a Best Western years ago and vowed never to return. While planning our road trip across country I came across this BW along the route at the time when we would be ready for a break. So glad I gave in and booked! Cute and clean, we all enjoyed this stop. We particularly liked the breakfast and the woman who picked the breakfast special each morning in addition to the standard hotel breakfast offerings. The pool looked fun, but we registered too late and were too tired to swim and wanted to get on the road to experience Yellowstone the next morning. Only suggestion I have is to offer some sort of white noise gadget to block out the parking lot noise - there were people outside talking late into the night and it was hard to block it out. Thanks for showing me that it's time to reconsider Best Westerns again!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed here on our first night to Yellowstone. I chose this motel because the motels in Billings are so high priced. I was very happy. The rooms are very clean and spacious. They have a coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. The beds were nice and comfy. The pool area was great and my son loved it. It has a rustic cabin feeling to the whole motel which I liked. Check in was easy and the staff was all very friendly. They have a continental breakfast in the morning, which we did not use. (we are not breakfast people) There is a Pizza Hut, McDonalds and Subway all within walking distance from the motel. I would definately stay here again. It was actually the nicest motel we stayed at on our whole trip!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Another BW that goes above and beyond, great staff, good house, a pleasure to land here after a 400 mile bike ride. Has a bike wash area with necessary stuff. I would come back here. If you're headed for Beartooth this would be a great jumping off point, not much in Red Lodge except the Alpine Lodge.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank garyw194
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We decided that Billings, MT would be a good stopping point on a road trip. As I looked around prices seemed high for what I was getting, then stumbled upon this hotel just a few more miles down the road. At about 1/3rd less in cost, decent reviews, and included continental breakfast, we made a reservation. And good thing because they were packed that night!

A few minor downsides. The AC turned on and off frequently and I couldn't figure out how to just make the fan stay on (which helps drown out the routine hotel noises anyway). And we could hear the horns of passing trains.

Upsides. Clean room. Decent breakfast with a variety of choices. Comparative cost.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 10 August 2012

The place is clean and comfortable. Very helpful staff. Good alternative to more expensive Billings motels. Not a vacation spot, but a perfect stop on your way to vacation. Built in the last couple of years. Price was less than the Trip Advisor site quoted. (All area rooms sold out tonight, they do NOT price gouge!)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank PurpleHayes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Ledgestone Hotel Billings
#20 of 51 in Billings
Yellowstone River Lodge
Yellowstone River Lodge
#2 of 3 in Columbus

Been to Best Western Yellowstone Crossing? Share your experiences!