“Great stay!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Laurel
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel. Great pool and hot tub which are open 24 hours. The breakfast had a lot of choices. Very clean. Exceeded expectations. It's a good location to stop on the way to Yelowstone. Friendly staff. Great Mexican restaurant nearby called Mabels.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Hamilton
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Although it was a little pricey, we were totally overwhelmed by this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful both at check-in and in the morning. We expected a regular room with one king bed and the usual appointments. What we got was basically a jr suite with 3 sinks, 2 TVs and a a separate sitting area. The guest laundry worked very well. Breakfast was full and great. We'd recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Erin C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Yellowstone Crossing, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you so much for choosing us to stay with on your recent trip. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am happy that you received top notch customer service from everyone. We take pride in making everyone's stay enjoyable and I am pelased that you received that. The suites are very nice to stay in and I am happy you enjoyed it. We take pride in the breakfast bar, we have so much to offer and I am glad that you and your family came down to enjoy it. I do hope you come back to stay with us again.
Whitehouse, Texas
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We arrived and was greeted by Erin. Although she was the only one behind the desk and she had numerous calls as we arrived she handled 2 reservations quickly and got us checked in with only a minimal wait. We had arrived early so we left to have lunch before going to our room. Upon return we found our room ready and clean. The room was comfortable and we enjoyed a good nights sleep. The bed was a little firmer than we prefer but it was ok. The next morning we had the normal biscuits and gravy along with some mixed fruit. Upon checkout Erin remembered us and inquired about an item that we had requested. It just makes a difference when one takes an interest in you. we would stay here again.

Room Tip: We found the best rate thru the Best Western web site.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing us to stay with on your recent trip. I am pelased that you enjoyed yourself and your stay. Customer service is number one to us and I am glad that you received it. I am happy that the front desk staff was able to assist you in any way possible. Our housekeepers work hard to make sure that you have an enjoyable and memorable stay, I am pleased that they provided that to you. I hope you come back to stay again so we can provide you with another great stay!!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I have stayed here before, and was disturbed by what I thought was just a loud neighbor and kids running. This time, I had a neighbor who was a loud snorer, and he was very clearly heard until 2AM when I finally had to call the front desk to ask them to do something about it because it was so loud I could not sleep - the entire point of a hotel on a highway. At first they said, "sorry, I know the walls are paper thin here. There is not much we can do". I said, that is not a very good aswer or excuse at 2AM for a hotel to say their walls are paper thin, I can not sleep and need to drive 600+ miles tomorrow, which won't be safe now". She then said, "I guess I can call them and try to wake them up". I said, yes, please let them know it is because they are snoring too loud." Also, the kids I thought I heard running around last time, as just people walking down the halls, and in the rooms above and above on each side, the place just has NO sound insolation! The chair has cigarette burns on it, the carpet feels dirty and the soap was broken into dust when I opened it, very literally. Adding insult to injury, there were no scrambled eggs or help available for the breakfast, even after 15 minutes of being in the dining room. I would never recommend this place to anyone who needs a good sleep or wants a fair value - cost, about $115, for a bad night after taxes. The front desk staff was polite, but that should be expected, especially at a Best Western charging this high rate. for $49.95 just up the street, I know I would have had just as good an experience or better! No need to waste your money here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you have no other choice, it is far too expensive for what you get, go up th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Erin C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Yellowstone Crossing, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to response and let us know how your stay was. I also want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to talk with me over the phone. I do hope that what we discussed helped and that you were satisfied with the final pricing for your room. However I do apologize for any inconvenience that you had staying with us. As we discussed I have taken it upon myself to check the rooms and make sure that they are top notch. I also apologize for the breakfast bar, we do serve as you know biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, sausage links, and many other hot items as wells as cold items. Again I am truely sorry for the walls and hearing the guest next to you. I do hope you come back to stay again so we can show you the great stay that you should have received. .
Rochester, Minnesota, Usa
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Nice, spacious room and good breakfast selection including hot food items. Disappointed with cleanliness of carpets and flooring. Checking in and checking out went quickly and desk clerks were friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank RochesterMinn
Erin C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Yellowstone Crossing, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for choosing us to stay with on your recent trip. I was pleased to hear that the room itself was great, along with the breakfast selection. I was also pleased that the front desk staff was able to assist you in a timely matter and the customer service was great for you. However I do apologize for the carpets and flooring in your room, I will personally take care of the situation. I do hope you come back to stay again with us.
100 Mile House, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2013

With the exception of very slow check-in our experience at this hotel was good. Rooms were clean and staff was helpful. Nearby train crossing makes for an interrupted night when the whistles blows. Poor selection of restaurants in Laurel except fast food.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Erin C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Yellowstone Crossing, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for choosing us to stay with on your recent trip. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, however I do apologize for any problems that may have occured during the check in process. I am pleased that our staff was helpful and friendly. If you need any recommendations for restaurants our front desk has a majority of menus to choose from. I do hope you come back to stay again with us.
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This hotel allows smoking on half of the third (top) floor. We reserved a non-smoking room and were given a room on one end of the third floor. When we asked for a change in rooms we were told no, as the hotel was full. Once we stepped off the elevator we were engulfed in the smell of smoke-yuck! The room itself wasn't so bad until morning, when the smell of morning cigarettes practically billowed into our room. This is 2013, not 1980. Time to upgrade the smoking policy!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Tumbleweed101
Erin C, Front Office Manager at Best Western Yellowstone Crossing, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for choosing us to stay with on your recent trip. I apologize deeply for the smoke smell. I have took it upon myself to make sure the housekeeping staff cleans the rooms with our smoke out spray and the hallways so the smoke smell is gone. Yes we do have half of the rooms on the floor for our smoking guests. Also to make sure the hallways do not smell of smoke my front desk staff also will make rounds on each shift to make sure nobody is smoking in the hallways and also to make sure that the doors to the smoking rooms are closed. I also apologize that we were not able to move you due to being sold out that night. We do hope you will come back and stay again so we can show you the wonderful stay that you should have received.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Super 8 Columbus
Boothill Inn & Suites
Boothill Inn & Suites
#1 of 51 in Billings
Best Western Plus Kelly Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Yellowstone Crossing? Share your experiences!