“Nice room”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Libby
Spokane
“Nice room”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The room was nice with two non-standard soft chairs in addition to the regular dining room type chairs. The bed was soft (one of my best); the pillows were a bit lumpy (it's hard to please everyone with pillows). I appreciated the refrigerator. The desk staff were VERY pleasant and accommodating; we had to change our dates, and the clerk worked within our requests based upon room suggestions below as well as trying to avoid the wedding party noise from a group who had booked the 3rd floor. Although my mother wanted to check around the hotels in Libby when she drove through again two weeks later, she was late and just wanted to get in a hotel with no trouble even if it seemed a little more expensive; she had a different set of desk staff, and they were still VERY pleasant and helpful. She had to leave early in the morning, and they made sure that she was able to collect the complimentary OJ and muffin. WiFi worked fine, which is something that I find is hit and miss at most hotels/motels. The restaurant seemed fine and had a nice view although I'm not sure if the restaurant had a handicapped entry; my sister was able to navigate the stairs, but that may not have been possible last year. It was odd as we were able to use our cell phones inside our room but not outside the hotel. The only negative was that we didn't have a fan in the bathroom; I just assumed that was something missed in the remodel as I don't equate most hotels in Montana as modern; we found out that there was a fan, but obviously it was having mechanical issues during our stay. The pool was indoors, which is a good thing.

Room Tip: I didn't find any of the complaints listed by others, so I basically wasted good karma trying fo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your very thorough review. I love it when I read that our employees have stepped up to take good care of our guests. We do have an elevator to the rooms and a ramp to the restaurant for those who have difficulty with stairs. We also have a wheelchair for customers who might require assistance. Maintenance has been notified about the fan. We appreciate all
your comments and hope you come again!

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Richland, Washington
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Anytime I come back to Libby, the Venture Inn becomes my base. In June our entire family stayed at the Venture while in Libby for my wife's memorial service. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us and make our stay pleasant. They put most of us together so we could visit back and forth in each others rooms. The rooms were spotless, and recent upgrades were obvious. Linda and staff provided us the friendliest, kindest accommodations during an emotional time. Thank you so much!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thanks, Dan for such a kind review. I was so nice to see you and your family again, even under the special circumstances. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable, pleasant and hassle-free as possible. I hope we did that.

Troy, Montana
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My girlfriends and I stayed here and absolutely loved the room. The room had new beds and bedding and they looked and felt great! The staff was friendly and went out of their way to say hello and make sure we were taken care of. In the morning, we ate breakfast in their restaurant and were very pleased. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you, Vanessa, for taking the time to write a response. We are so glad you and your girlfriends had a nice, enjoyable stay at the Venture Inn. That's what we are all about and we love pleasing our guests!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have stayed at the Venture Inn many times and have always enjoyed my stay. It is a true mom and pop small town gem. It doesn't have the bells and whistles but everyone is friendly and many of the rooms have been upgraded.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back are a little quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We have a new owner and are working on getting some of those 'bells and whistles' you might enjoy on your next visit. Please stop in to visit with me. I'd like get your opinion on how we could meet more of your lodging needs.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed here August 2013 for 3 days and again in May2014 for 3days. All the Motels in Libby are old. I've been coming to Libby for 40 years and not much has changed. The venture inn was the Libby "ritz" in its younger years. In 2013 things seemed worn out. At our most recent visit it was very pleasant to have new comfortable bedding and updated furnishings. Our room had new paint and generally looked pretty spiffy , new fridge and microwave too. The one thing Venture Inn has always been good about... the rooms are clean! Even if not "the ritz" they are clean. Staff people are very nice. The restaurant at venture Inn has a lovely view, it is quiet, relaxed has some really good menu items.

Room Tip: Third floor view to the east.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your review. Our guests will continue to see more upgrades, the latest of which is a much improved internet service. We appreciate your kind comments and hope you visit us again soon.
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night after a wet, cold day at an archery shoot. Big, nicely furnished room with excellent bed. Recliner and flat screen TV were really nice after sitting in the cold. Friendly staff, free coffee in the lobby in the morning all added to the stay. Will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Libby.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thanks so much for posting your review. We value our customers' imput. We're in the process of upgrading all our rooms so look for more improvements in the months to come.
Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed here six years ago. It is better now. The staff is great. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The food is good. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The new flat-screen TV's are tiny but they are a great move forward form the TV's that were here six years ago.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
LindaG1897, Manager at Venture Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you for your review. Although our staff is much the same as 6 years ago, the Venture Inn has a new owner! We now have refrigerators and microwaves in every room, new SAATVA brand mattresses and bigger TV's in most of the rooms and more upgrades on the way. Our mission is to provide our customers with a clean, safe and comfortable night's lodging. Thanks again for using tripadvisor.