“I only wish I was still there.....”

Yellowstone Valley Lodge
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Livingston
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I've been visiting the Livingston/Paradise Valley area for many years and have usually stayed in Livingston. A friend suggested I try the "YVL" because of the cabins on the river, proximity to the spring creeks(flyfishing) and the amazing food. I was there on opening weekend and expected there might be a few kinks to work out but everything went smoothly. I was very pleasantly greeted as I checked in and found my cabin to be comfortable and cozy. Without in room tv's you'll listen to the sounds of the Yellowstone as it runs past your cabin. Please keep in mind this is rustic comfort and not a Four Seasons Resort

The food and wine service was exceptional! I stayed for a few nights so I was able to try a wide variety of menu items and literally enjoyed everything that was put in front of me. The idea of sourcing local ingredients is not a new one but the execution in an area like that is impressive. The wine list is tight and well thought out and provides something for almost everyone and a thoughtful range of price points as well. The wait staff was as friendly as you'll encounter and was attentive and knowledgeable. I ordered a bottle of Cabernet with some age on it and was immediately offered the option of decanting.....great quality touch!

I'll be back as soon as I can(hopefully in June if there are reservations available)...whatever you do don't miss out on the local smoked lamb ribs with house made cucumber kimchi!

Room Tip: If you want access to the wireless network you'll want to request a room near the office.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 September 2011

The rooms are modest, but nice. The views all around the property are spectacular and having the river practically by your bedside was dreamy. Dinner was one of the best we have EVER had! Definitely want to return someday.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I found the lodge on the B&B search site. Expected the personal service and friendliness generally found at B&Bs. No one here cared where we came from or where we were going.

We were greeted by a barking dog that growled at us through the check-in. Not a good start.

We were shown the common room and I had a feeling breakfast was going to be limited. There were no tables or chairs, indicating breakfast would be eaten in the room.

The room was very good and the views were great. Had a fine sunset. The river was peacefull.

We had dinner at the attached restaurant and because of the noise level, and the waitress, we were glad to leave and will not return.

Breakfast was to be from 8:00 to 9:30. At 8:10 there were two sweet rolls left and I got the last coffee cup. Have had better at most Best Westerns. Bring your own pop tarts.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Frank T
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Linda and Garrett do a great job managing this property and were exceptional in arrangiing side trips to Yellowstone for us. Full service staff made this one of our best vacations ever. Add to that the exceptional location and views from our back deck after a day on the river makes this the perfect vacation spot. Truly a week in paradise.

Room Tip: Dinner packages are great.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bruce G
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I recently had a surprise 95th birthday party for my mother and brought in family from two countries and seven different states. They stayed at Yellowstone Valley Lodge and the birthday dinner was on location at the Paradise Valley Grill. All of the family was overwhelmed with the accommodations and the dinner.
The dinner was superb with great food, great presentation and great service thanks to Chef/Owner Josh Pastrama.
The rooms were very very nice and comfortable with a beautiful view of the river and mountains. The YVL was centrally located for all our activities from Livingston to Yellowstone National Park. But most of all the management team Linda and Garret Anglin made everyone feel right at home during their stay.
CONGRATULATIONS to Yellowstone Valley Lodge. It's a winner !!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Yellowstone Valley Lodge in the scenic Paradise Valley in SW Montana. Well appointed duplex cabins with decks overlooking the Yellowstone River and the Absaroka Mountains. A five stare restaurant is on the property and Yellowstone National Park is but a 45 minute drive. The restaurants creations are both delicious and works of art and one can dine al fresco on the patio overlooking the river,

Reviewed 14 August 2011

Super nice staff, incomparable views, amazing food, comfortable cabin -- what more could I say? We stayed one night and wish we could've made it seven.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple