“Don't Judge a Hotel by its Cover!”

Livingston Inn Motel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Livingston
Reviewed 17 July 2014

When I first drove up, I thought "Oh no, this is going to be terrible & noisy". But after checking in was more than pleasantly surprised. There is a long interior corridor in front of all the rooms, chock full of the owner's pictures (they are a hoot!) with the rooms are off the corridor. We found the room to be very clean, large room and extremely comfy. After a long day on the road was wonderful to slip into a bed that was perfect! I thought it might be noisy from the highway, but no, not a peep! It's an oasis after touring Yellowstone all day! Well worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meeshamator

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was looking for something that had the look of country for my last night in Mobrands and this hit the spot. We were so pleased with the clean, comfy, and filled with character room that we had. We too were a little worried about being so close to the highway but we heard nothing and we slept with the widow open. John and Tolkie were awesome and sent us on our way with new sight seeing plans. I truly would have paid more for this room. Just wish the bear was still there!!!! Yes you'll have to go there and see for yourself.

Room Tip: They're all awesome.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is another great mom and pop business. The outer decor may seem tacky and questionable, but the rooms are very comfortable, clean, and nicely furnished. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The motel's halls are adorned with nature and wildlife photos shot by the owner--this adds a personal touch to the facility.

My son and I stayed here after touring Yellowstone and before continuing to Glacier Nat'l Park. The Livingston Inn provided a good rest!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were a little nervous upon driving up. It is close to the main road and we feared noise. Plus, it looks a bit worn. Waiting inside the office are great hosts, John and Tillie, and wonderful new rooms. The rooms are a spotlessly clean, nicely decorated and furnished with good amenities. One unusual feature is an abundance of outlets (how often do you have to search for receptacles to plug in phone and tablet chargers?). The air conditioning is quiet and efficient. The beds are great. And it is quiet! The wifi is screaming fast and strong.

This is one to return to. You will pay more and get less at the chains across the freeway. The only extra that you night get is a cheap breakfast. Don't bother.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were on our way to Yellowstone and looked for a place that was close off I-90. We found The Livingston Inn on TA. If you are looking for a place to stop that is one of the cleanest, quietest and friendliest, this is it. John and Tillie, the owners, will go out of their way to make you feel at home. The rooms are large, clean, fresh and have all the amenities. Wifi works great also. The walls are graced with outstanding photos that Tillie has taken and she will gladly tell you about any one of them. They accept pets but, if you want a room that is PET FREE, just ask. If they have one, they will put you in a New Room. There is also a laundromat down at the end of the rooms. The prices are reasonable and I will stay here again on our next trip out that way.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I'll start by saying I was a little skeptical when my husband booked this room and showed me the picture. The skepticism ended when I opened the door to our room. It was large, very comfortable and well-appointed. Everything was super clean. We travel with two miniature dachshunds and there is good walking area for them. It's a good, pet-friendly place which is always a plus for me. It's conveniently located to I-90 but incredibly quiet at the same time. we'd definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

In spite of all the signs on the motel, it was wonderful. Comfortable bed, decorated in an "old west" style with a beautiful quilt and plenty of space. Room had a fridge and microwave. Located an hour north ofYellowstone it was a great place to stay. And, the owners, John and Tillie are delightful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hill6680
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Travelodge Livingston
Yellowstone Valley Lodge
Yellowstone Valley Lodge
#3 of 10 in Livingston
Best Western Plus GranTree Inn

Been to Livingston Inn Motel? Share your experiences!