“This hotel is renovating so perhaps it will improve for rooms.”

Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Livingston
Queensbury, New York
“This hotel is renovating so perhaps it will improve for rooms.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Our room was musty smelling and we were given a room at first that was unmade. This after arriving at 1am and so sleepy.

The service people are awesome.

There is no hot tub, the pool is in the middle of one bank of rooms and perhaps explains the mustiness.

The beds looked uncomfortable but I had a good sleep in them.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The rooms are a little older but clean. The lobby and pool are beautiful! The ladies were very welcoming and friendly. The price was very reasonable. We've stayed at this motel before and my three children and I will stay here again. After a twelve hour drive, we couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014
Bryanna V, Guest Relations Manager at Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such an awesome rating! We are pleased you and your family had an enjoyable stay. We are always working toward improvement and you feedback will help motivate us. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Breakfast was bad. Sty was good. Rooms are decent..Carpets need cleaning. Hotel was very comfortable. Internet was better than other locations. Covered parking was great. The location is very near Pizza Hut and Dairy Queen. The drive from the hotel around the city is enjoyable. The staff at the reception were very friendly. The ambiance of the hotel is good. The only improvement needed is the breakfast menu.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to review us. We are glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. I will be sure to share your comment with our General Manager. We are always working toward improvement and your feedback will help us get there.

Baker, United States
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This wasn't the worst hotel I've stayed in but definitely not the best either! It was just outdated and a little smelly. The walls were thin and there were gaps between the door and frame. I could hear the tv next door and every person walking down the hall.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Travellers are raving about these Livingston hotels

Nebraska
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Had a nice stay. The room was clean and bed comfortable. Very nice view from our room. Only downfall was our room was right above the garage door and heard it open and close during the night. Overall a very nice stay and would stay again if we go back up to Livingston.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Had to cancel a stay here for the end of May because of a canceled conference plan... but wanted to visit the area anyway and made plans to come in mid May instead. Glad I did. First of all the folks (especially Nancy) at the front desk (and Tasha earlier over the phone) were very nice, and they asked me if I wanted to park in their inside garage, which I had forgotten about. They had upgraded me as a Platinum Best Western Rewards member (Sign up people!!!!!) to a room with a microwave and fridge and 2 queen beds. It was a lovely room with breathing space and a wonderful view of mountains between some trees. It was by the indoor pool area which was really nice, and a kind of kidney shaped pool much larger than most pools I've seen in motels. Made me sorry I don't swim!!! The bed was very comfortable and I really appreciated that. Yet I noticed that the floor kind of shook (like a vibration) when someone was walking in the room next door (tho even when nobody was in that room), and I could hear them some. But I always take earplugs when I travel... and if people don't, I honestly don't feel sorry for their complaints. Overall that was not a problem for me. The window's view and the attractiveness of the furnishings were very relaxing. Yet I still am almost most appreciative of the indoor parking. It was nice weather but it still kept me out of the wind and I could leave some things in the car which couldn't take the heat if it was outdoors... so the cool garage was a big help -- and was very, very convenient to the elevator. Needless to say, in the winter it would be perfect!!!! They had a very good computer in a room off the lobby for people without their own to use. And breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausages and bacon among pastries, bread, cereals. I think the only thing I missed was yogurt. Honestly, because I didn't want any, I can't remember if there were waffles or not. Sorry. I would definitely recommend this place, it had a classy feel to it... but was very reasonably priced and was good value. Thank you gentleman at the desk too... sorry I didn't get your name (I'd spoken to Nancy over the phone earlier, so I remembered her). Thank you all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank maxinerose
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I were knocked off our Harley in Missoula,last July and had 3 nights in hospital then had to drive to Cody WY . to catch up with our group. On way driving through Livingston,
the pills, fatigue and just feeling bloody terrible made us decide we needed to check in and get off the road.
I went into the office and the very charming young lady looked at me and advised me to sit down, while she organised a room for us.
She took the keys off me and went and parked our truck. i must of looked terrible and my wife was on crutches. Lovely lady got us settled in to our room where I promptly crashed. Come dinner time, my wife was feeling bit better than and was going to head out on her crutches to get some take a ways across the road. .. Wife rang reception to get info. on where to go and promptly yoing lady came to our room and offered to go and get our dinner.
I would have written in earlier expressing my thanks , but had a loss of memory and just been checking CC statements and saw a charge for this hotel and asking my wife about same she told me about our wonderful overnight stop .
Big thanks to you young lady.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank ratast
Bryanna V, Guest Relations Manager at Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are pleased both you and your wife are doing well! It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback on your stay and staff. We put our guests first, as you stay with people who care! We hope you will be visiting us again soon, as soon as you are able to.

Bryanna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Livingston
Murray Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bozeman
Super 8 Livingston
Super 8 Livingston
#5 of 10 in Livingston

Been to Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge? Share your experiences!