“I know S 8 is pet friendly but...”
Review of Super 8 Livingston

Super 8 Livingston
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Livingston
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

When I called to make reservations I requested a room that was smoke free and pet free. After I signed in and went to my room I noticed the sign on my door stated this room was smoke free. I noticed a sign on another door, room 120, said it was smoke free and pet free. I started to go to the front desk and request a room that was smoke free and pet free but decided to go across the street to Subway and get something to eat and come back. On the way back to my room I notice a couple of guys pulled up in a truck and a dog about the size of a small horse hopped out of the truck. The two gentlemen proceeded to go in through the same door that I went through and went to the room that had the sign posted on the front that it was smoke free and pet free. If you're allergic to dogs I would highly suggest you go to another place because obviously these people are not the most honest people in the world and you may not get the room you think you're getting. Btw the room we had was ok and the lady at the front desk was friendly.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Derek913
Eric S, General Manager at Super 8 Livingston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. After reviewing the signage on our doors we discovered that some of our doors were labeled incorrectly. We suspect that this occurred last year when we had to install new door signs per brand standards, Thankfully, the front desk room chart and our reservations system remain unchanged, so you were in fact placed in a pet free room as requested. In fact, all guests requesting a pet free room should have received what they requested. All rooms are smoke free, so that has never been an issue. I apologize for the confusion and thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Livingston

Reviewed 5 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Eric S, General Manager at Super 8 Livingston, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Manager/front desk staff frequently unavailable during peak times. Dated hotel attempting to be better through updates. Old carpet stinks and has stains. Old shower valve broke during stay. Moved to another room where the door lock was inoperable. Moved to another room that had a loud, squeaking heat pump and then back to the room with the inop door lock. The night and mx staff were very friendly and helpful but the mgr offered nothing for our troubles. The mattress pads are also plastic, which makes sleeping a sweaty matter, regardless of temperature. The rooms were clean save for the carpets. Mgmt should be more customer-oriented. Front desk should be manned at all times during peak hours.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for providing feedback from your experience, and for recognizing that we are trying to update our motel. I am sorry that we failed to exceed your expectations. During the slow winter months, our Front Desk staff does the laundry, which is next to the lobby and has a video monitor. I am afraid that we failed to pay enough attention to recognize when you were at the desk. I will be sharing this concern with my staff and ensuring that they pay better attention to the desk while doing laundry. It also looks like there were multiple issues with your rooms. I assure you that we routinely inspect every element of our rooms in order to ensure that everything is in good working order. I apologize that we failed to identify the issues before your visit. We hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

My wife and I stopped here toward the tail end of our cross country drive. We actually got in really late and were super tired. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and was able to get us checked in and to our room very quickly. The room was clean, the bed felt fine, and it was quiet enough that we slept without issues. If we ever happen to be in this area again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank djstatick

Thank you for your review. We hope you will have more time to spend in our beautiful area the next time you pass through Livingston. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lois O

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Everything works in this fine Super 8. Nice room, good bed, satisfactory TV and internet. The service is courteous and welcoming. Breakfast is standard - nutritious. I will definitely stay here again on my way through Livingston. I would give 5 stars if it was cleaner; the faucet fixtures are not "toothbrush-clean," and the carpets have not been vacuumed into the edges and under the furniture.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MariaFolsom

Thank you for providing us with valuable feedback. I am glad to hear we met enough of your expectations to warrant another visit. However, cleanliness is important to us so we will work to improve in the areas you mentioned. We hope you will be able to give us 5 stars on your next visit.