“Clean basic Motel”
Review of Super 8 Livingston

Super 8 Livingston
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Livingston
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel was located right alongside the main highway which was good for overnighters like us but perhaps not so good for people wanting something more scenic. There is Petrol and fast food close by. The hotel itself was clean and it provided a basic breakfast to set you on your way. The town of Livingston is a short drive away. We drove from Jackson through Yellowstone to get to Livingston we do not think we would choose to do it again but would look to stay closer to or in Yellowstone

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Eric S, General Manager at Super 8 Livingston, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you for your review and for staying with us during your vacation.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Eric S, General Manager at Super 8 Livingston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed there and couldn't get over how friendly and helpful the staff was. Our room was
clean and cool. My husband is disabled and they made sure everything was taken care of
and helped with everything

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your nice review. I am proud of our staff, as they truly care about our guests. It is nice to see this reflected in your comments. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel is very outdated. The room smelled musty and the bathroom could have been cleaner. The decor was very bland and the bedspreads seriously ugly. As a Wyndhams rewards member I was very disappointed in this hotel. It was over priced for the value delivered.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We are committed to clean rooms, and will use your comments as additional motivation. During the past 3 years, we have taken steps to update the motel with fresh paint colors and new carpet, chairs, paint, fridges, microwaves, and 38" flat screen televisions. The bedspread/coverlet is actually a Wyndham mandated standard, so we are unable to select a different style. Even with these upgrades we are not able to meet everyone's expectations, as we are still an economy motel.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have been staying at the Livingston Super 8 for the past few years. Out of all the times I have stayed there I have never seen any of the staff be anything but helpful and kind. I am with the P.B.R. and know the amount of tourism that goes threw Livingston every year. All I can say is my hat is off to Miss Brandy,Miss LaNell and the rest of that hard working crew there. The rooms are always clean beds are very comfortable. So I call Bull on reports that one of them needs to find a new job or that one was rude maybe these people whom ever you are need to work a day behind that desk in the middle of a Livingston summer. This Super 8 an all of its staff are wonderful an I will be back next year an so will the other P.B.R. Bull riders. Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your review and for your support. Also, thank you for recognizing Brandi, Lynell, and the rest of the staff for their hard work pleasing all of our guests. This is an intense time of year, but we love taking care of the many different guests that come through the door. We especially love serving the P.B.R. Bull Riders and look forward to seeing you in 2015.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Without exaggerating, reception was the rudest I have ever encountered.

I was assigned a second floor room, so I asked for first floor room because I am a senior with luggage. Told motel was fully booked, and I should have noted my preference when I booked the room. (I didn't realize that Super 8's don't have elevators)

Upon entering the non smoking room I had reserved, the smoke smell was overwhelming. When I asked for any other room, I was again told motel was fully booked. I reminded the front desk person that she offered non-reservation guests, who were behind me at check-in, a choice of rooms both on the first and second floors. She responded that those rooms would be an additional $50, or I could open the windows and stay in the assigned room.

Don't understand why I couldn't be accommodated since it was only a one night stay.

Room Tip: Call ahead if first floor is needed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience and allowing me an opportunity to address your issues. We are committed to exceptional guest service and have thoroughly addressed your complaint with our staff. I feel confident this will not happen again. We are a 100% smoke-free facility, but with only 37 rooms, we frequently run out of certain room types. I am not sure why we were unable to accommodate your particular request at the time, but it may have something to do with the method of booking the room. Please consider calling us directly and allowing us to show you that we do provide great customer service and will get you into the type of room you expect.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We spent last night at the Super 8 in Livingston as part of a long road trip. Overall, the experience was fine. We had a king room, which was quite large with a comfortable chair and small table. The bathroom counter was quite low, but the shower was fine with good water pressure. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is pet friendly and there is a grass area on the side of the hotel. There is a guest washer and dryer. Although it is located in the hall, it still worked out fine. The breakfast was small with packaged cinnamon rolls, packaged oatmeal and a few other things I think.

The room in this hotel was fine and I would have rated it "very good" if the customer service had been better. The desk clerk at check in was not rude, just very indifferent as if my being there was an inconvenience; it was pretty much the same at check out. We travel a lot and as my previous reviews indicate, I am pretty easy to please. I don't expect any special treatment, but I do appreciate it when the hotel staff indicates they are happy to have you as a guest. That did not happen in this hotel; at least not to me and since this was my first experience at a Super 8, I would probably not stay at one again unless I had no other choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you enjoyed the room, but very sorry that our guest service was anything less than exceptional. We take pride in having a team committed to caring for our guests. It is a shame that this did not happen in your case. I have addressed this with our desk staff and hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.