“Excellent place to stay.... feel like home resort!”

The Lodge at Lolo Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lolo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family and I stayed there last year and the year before. Looking to come back again I hope. I have seen a couple of not great reviews and can't say that I agree at all. The place is wonderful, clean, beautiful large rooms. I love the hot pools. They are exceptionally clean and so relaxing. The outdoor area has improved so much. This hotel is set in such a beautiful area and all the outdoor improvements have just enhanced our experience. The lobby itself is so homey and comfortable. The people that run the lodge (roger and Luann) are fantastic. Roger was available for us any time we had a question or needed any thing. Both are very accommodating and made our stay! Roger was especially helpful with all the suggestions for trails, hikes and things to do. He was very knowledgeable about the area and everything he suggested was spot on. We had our own little adventures with the help of him. So glad we took his advice and glad we got to know these wonderful people. We hope to make it an annual experience!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Valerie D
CinthiaR, General Manager at The Lodge at Lolo Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and experiencing our true wilderness. Roger has worked hard on Lolo and knows these areas well for great hiking and snowmobiling.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The host & hostess were very friendly, the lodge had a nice breakfast, the room was very clean, the Hot Springs spas were very very clean, the overall appearance of the lodge and of the rooms were well-maintained & a very homey atmosphere. I would highly recommend the lodge at Lolo Hot Springs to my family and my friends. I give it a five star on a 1 to 5 scale with five being excellent.

1  Thank Denise L
CinthiaR, General Manager at The Lodge at Lolo Hot Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

I'm glad we did our job and allowed you a true vacation getaway. Safe Travels.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

All the staff was amazing and sooo friendly! Roger and Luann have done wonders to this place! Hot tubs were very clean as were the rooms. Have come here for years but now the cement paths rather than dirt are wonderful asset! The outside looked beautiful and inviting. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: The rooms are all good, very nicely rustic, and very large.
1  Thank Laura M

I couldn't agree with you more... Roger has done amazing work to the Resort. It is located in the mountains where constant maintenance is needed and where a contractor can keep busy with new ideas.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice-looking buildings in a pretty setting. Very pleasant employees. They have two large hot tubs with fresh hot spring water coming into them. However, I don't know when, if ever, they clean those pools. Every surface was slimy and we couldn't bear to stay in very long at all. We showered much longer than we were in the pools, we felt so yucky.

Lots of large ants, even in the rooms. I flicked some off the bed and then couldn't go to sleep until I found all of them and got rid of them. Ants aren't as bad as other bugs, but still I didn't want to be bitten in my sleep.

Later in our trip we found much nicer hotels for half the price! I would love to drive down Highway 12 again, but won't stay at Lolo Hot Springs Lodge.

Room Tip: Don't get one of those rooms in the Out Post building.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for staying with us. By Montana State law, we have to drain and clean the pools every 72 hours. However, the hot springs pools are continuous flow of natural water. As the water is constantly dumped into the pools, water is also being drained out so that the water is always fresh. The Lodge rooms are about 500 square feet with 5 windows floor to ceiling to enjoy the view. The Outpost rooms are our economical rooms which are much smaller and do not offer the amenities and windows that the Lodge rooms offer. If you have the budget, get the Lodge.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

After living in Montana since the sixties, I thought I had seen most of the state by now, but had never ventured up HWY 12 to Lolo Hot Springs. My wife and I wanted to spend a family weekend with our adult children and a friend suggested Lolo, as one of them lives in Missoula and the other in Spokane, which is roughly half way from Butte where we live.
We had a large room with two queen beds and a queen futon. The room was well appointed and the beds were very comfortable. The food in the restaurant was quite good (dinner and breakfast)and the service was fast and friendly. We did not use the on-site pools, opting for the outdoor pool at the hot springs next door.
The area is beautiful and we are definitely going back when we can spend more time. My only complaint is that the lodge building was locked at 10:00 PM and we could not get ice after that time. Small complaint, as everything else was more than satisfactory.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I am glad to choose us for your family getaway. The lobby does close at 10:00pm each night so please get your ice, check out a movie, book or game and take a quick soak. We will make sure that our future guests know this as well.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I am having a difficult time understanding so many good reviews of this hotel. I recently stayed there and it was AWFUL! First the restaurant was out of half the menu and what they had was not good, the eggs on my salad resembled something out of a Dr. Seuss book. Second I was put into one of the rooms on the back of the property, pretty much two double wides next to each other. The room was not very clean and the shower was so small I could barely fit in it even though I am a petite person. The drain in the sink did not work and there was no phone (or cell service), no internet connection or alarm clock in the room. But I am just getting to the worse part. The bar of soap had bites out of it-apparently mice like soap-and there was a nasty fly strip hanging from the ceiling. Next time I'll stay in Missoula and drive to my meeting in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelinMama2014

Well... we don't get these types of reviews or complaints very often. You must have stayed in one of our petite Outpost Rooms but leaves no excuse for not having everything you need. Please let us know the next time there is a problem, and we can fix it. The restaurant next door is not operated by The Lodge so it is difficult to monitor but we are happy to pass on your comments to them so that they are learn as well. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The Good: Beautiful location, very friendly management, two small hot pools for soaking, rustic décor and charm, complimentary breakfast, and large, clean room. The Not-so-good: We were told this was a pet-free hotel, clearly it was not (there were dogs in the lobby), WiFi only available in reception, no TV reception in the room but DVD's available. Our 2nd floor room overlooked a messy storage area. The hotel would present better after a general tidy-up. Other: The bar/restaurant was busy and understaffed. The food was just average.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank to_wherenext
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lolo
Days Inn Missoula Airport
Lumberjack Saloon
Lumberjack Saloon
#2 of 5 in Lolo
Super 8 Missoula/Brooks Street

Been to The Lodge at Lolo Hot Springs? Share your experiences!