“Depends on what your looking for..”

The Lodge at Lolo Hot Springs
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lolo
Montana
“Depends on what your looking for..”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Super friendly, nice staff. When we checked in a gentleman showed us around. That was a great personnal touch. We had a few things that were bad. Our room was very outdated, but seemed fairly clean, however there were a few things that could have been better.
1.) The decorative pillow on the bed had a white stain on it that i figured was a body fluid. Yuck..
2.) Sheets had holes in them. They looked clean, but very old.
3.) Kleenex under bed
4.) Workers name tag sticking out between mattress and bed rail.
5.) Bed headboard seem to be just set in place and not secure. During the night i would roll and it would bang against the wall and really wake me up.

For dinner(saturday night) we went next door to The Bear Cave. The waitress had quit so it was only the bartender trying to do everything. Why the owners couldnt have come and helped or called somebody else in i dont know. this was a Saturday night. Customers where gonig to the kitchen to get there own orders, waiting 1/2 hour to get the bills paid. we were the for over 2 1/2 hours, 30 minutes to just get our order in. I know this isnt the Lodges issue, but just added to the bad taste of the trip. there is no other eating establishemnts within 40 miles.

I would stay again for about 1/2 price of the $116 we paid, but my wife says absolutly not.

Room Tip: We were located in a building away from the lodge called the Outpost, maybe the rooms in the lodge a...
1 Thank Ga2r111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
winnipeg
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stumbled upon this place and decided to stay there rather than camp - we were surprised by the price which was lower than we would have expected. We stayed in one of the basic rooms (they have bigger, nicer ones but we're happy with basic). The staff was super nice, they have a massive selection of dvds you can borrow (at no cost) to watch in your room. The hot-tubs are SUPER nice, very spa-ish. The owners gave us some great advice on what to see in the area. Great, affordable little oasis!

• Stayed July 2014
Post Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 17 July 2014

A nice place being run on the cheap- noisy air conditioner ( wall unit) small frig in room not plugged in to save $$$$ no- tv- just movies to check out in the lobby- one person running around doing everything.... the general store was sparsely stocked, not very much to sell... the pool next door isn't part of the resort-- one has to pay $7- if they want to use it... how-ever one can use the minerl baths. breakfast was a big joke~sorry -

Room Tip: maybe rooms upstairs would be quieter~
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie123Id
CinthiaR, Manager at The Lodge at Lolo Hot Springs, responded to this review, 2 November 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for the review. Although the pool next door is not part of our company, the $7.00 charge is very reasonable and it does allow you to swim and soak all day. For a more relaxing soak we do have our semi-private soaking tubs that are for the guests of the Lodge. Both of our soaking tubs are all natural mineral water kept between 100 and 103 degrees.
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We arrived at the Lodge at the end of a long, hot day heading east across US 12. It was very much a welcome and beautiful oasis there in the Montana woods. Had no reservations; we vacation in a wandering fashion, but space was available. Great room, luxurious, quiet, most restful. Soaked in the hot springs and chased away those road stresses; enjoyed food and drink and excellent service at the grill next door. Yes, a little pricey, but location and good people make that a very minor issue. My second visit; my wife's first. We'll be back.

1 Thank Joel S
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our visit to the Lodge this trip was for my hubby's birthday....The room was just as magical as it was our first visit, which was in December two years ago. This time we visited in early July. Not that we needed it, but the air conditioning in our room was spectacular and so cool we had to turn it off. The bar and grill was the perfect "Dive" complete with music, casino and tasty food. The breakfast of fresh do- it yourself waffles and the most tasty strawberry yogurt... The Lodge staff was once again, took hospitality and comfort to a level that ends up costing a lot more money than what we paid.

....and I hope Lilly and Roxie are there the next time we stay....Those gentle, sweet funny girls, they feel like my own pets! :D

Room Tip: Make sure to hit the hot springs before 9:00 pm so you can soak a while...
1 Thank RhondaR2
Butte, Montana
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My fiance and I went up to Lolo Lodge a couple days ago and I could not be happier! It was beautiful! We stayed in the King Bed room which was comfortable and clean. The pools were very clean and relaxing, the temperature was lovely! The lobby was also clean and relaxed and we checked out a couple of movies from their selection, which, in my opinion, was quite a large variety! Anything from children's movies to horror.
There is almost no service out at the lodge, which I enjoyed quite a lot! However, there was a phone that you could use for any outbound calls in the lobby, which was a telephone both! It was very peaceful not to have any service!
There is a small grassy area in front of the Lodge with horse shoes, a volleyball net, and a badminton net. A good sized pond not far from there had a campfire pit which we used on the second day. There is also a small play set for children which included swings and a slide.
I saw a couple reviews that claimed the breakfast was no good, however I enjoyed it and thought it was pretty good! The bar/restaurant next door was also good, I had a steak one night and club sandwich the next while my fiance had the chicken strips and fish and chips. Both times the waiting staff was very polite.
The staff in the lodge was very kind and helpful for the most part, one woman who was working was not as kind or helpful as the other two we encountered. The only downside was that the comforter had a couple of holes in it, but this was not an issue for us.

Overall I was very pleased with our stay and would recommend this to anyone looking for a couple days away

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nicholi R
Dillon, Montana
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Met up with some family at The Lodge as we were passing through the area, and we all had a blast! The staff was always courteous and helpful, giving us hints about amazing hikes and things to do just a stones throw from the lodge. As we were debating about whether to stay in one of the Lodge rooms ($125/night), or the Outpost($89/night) the staff took us to go see the rooms and then let us decide. We stayed two nights in 3C (one of the Lodge rooms). It had two queen beds, was VERY roomy, with a large bathroom with a shower, no tub, but that wasn't an issue, and the best part of the room was the large, full-wall windows that gave a fantastic view of the pond and surrounding mountains. We kept hoping to spot the resident moose family in the pond, but I think we were a few weeks early.
They offer a complimentary waffle breakfast, which, honestly was pretty good, wished we'd realized that sooner, as we were eating our camping rations up to that point..lol. Thankful they offered something though, it was nice. For other meals, there is an adjacent bar that had pretty decent food and drinks, a little pricey on a few things, but you are about 25 miles from anything else. The staff there though was always quick and friendly.
There is NO cell service, at all, for quite a ways. so if you need to get in contact with family, they do allow you to make short long-distance calls out of the room, or from the front desk, or at the bar.
We did end up staying another night due to a change in plans, and chose to stay in the Outpost. We were slightly dismayed at the cleanliness there, as there was some water damage and not the best of a cleaning job, unlike the other room we had been in. The room had a queen bed and a small bathroom with a shower. For $89 (they gave us $10 off since we stayed the other two nights so, $79) I can say it was fair. I've been in hotels far more pricey and in far worse shape. They are honest with you about them though, so we weren't totally surprised. All in all, it was a decent room.
If you are traveling with pets, make sure you plan in advance as there is only one Lodge room that allows pets (1A). My sister in law had that one with her lab, and as mine is a service dog, we were fine in 3C or any one of the end rooms in the buildings. The one nice thing about the Outpost is every room allows dogs and there is no pet fee in any of the rooms, that I am aware of.
Also, with your stay is access to the beautiful, spa-like soaking pools. The front one averaged about 103F and the back pool was around 104-105F. Nice after a long hike and some rock climbing. However, if you desire access to the swimming pool across the way, they are not owned by the same business, the pool is $7 to swim, and the staff there was about as friendly as a rock. It was a nice soak, but I'm not sure it was worth it. Also, the cabins are run by the pool folks, not the lodge...and yeah, don't get one unless you are wanting a wooden tent (nothing wrong with it, it'd do, but after spending the last 5 days camping in the backcountry, my tent was bigger than the cabin they were going to give us).
If you are big into hiking and everything outdoors, The Lodge is the perfect base camp! Not too far away, and George can give you a map he's drawn of the route (dead on) is access to Heap Rock, some pretty awesome rock climbing. We'd been trying to find it the day before, but were totally off track, thanks to George, we found it the next day. If you're wanting to get with a group to see when folks are going to climb, look up the Missoula Climbing Group on FB. There's also extensive hiking and biking trails, just bring your bear spray and watch for moose.
Also, the last little tidbit I'll share is that if you are in the area, make time for these two things: Jerry Johnson Hot Springs (30 min into Idaho, there are signs for it and parking areas), a very easy hike takes you to the most unique soaking experience, it's number 1 for me in the area. It is totally natural and the rock pools are gorgeous, and you are soaking right next to the Gardiner river(I think?), anyway, it's impressive. DO IT. And the second is stop by Jacks. It is out in the middle of nowhere, anyone at the Lodge can tell you how to get to it, and it is AMAZING. Probably the prettiest and most unique bar I've ever been too, and it's huge! They rock it on the weekends with live, local bands, and can make you just about anything you want to drink. Honestly, we went there for the drinks after climbing, but the food was pretty good as well. DO NOT ring the bell UNLESS you mean it, you buy for the entire bar, no joke. And if you go, you've got to, at least for a minute, sit in the bar swing.
I hope this helps you in your travel planning. I don't usually review places we've been, but this one stands out. It was a pretty awesome stay, there's so much to do in the area, and it's nice to have a base camp. I enjoy camping a lot, but every now and again it's nice to stay where there's a bed. Whether you are honeymooning, taking a family vacation with the kids, just getting away, passing through, or like us, having a Sister's Weekend, there is something here for you. Enjoy, and happy travels! God Bless.

P.S. GO TO JERRY JOHNSON HOT SPRINGS. just not on a weekend, it's pretty popular in the summer. I would tell you when we found was perfect to go, but that's one secret I'm going to keep.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Courtney A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lolo
Sleep Inn
Lumberjack Saloon
Lumberjack Saloon
#2 of 5 in Lolo
Days Inn & Suites Lolo

Been to The Lodge at Lolo Hot Springs? Share your experiences!