“Terribly disappointed in administrators”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Martin City
Abbott Valley Homestead
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed in the Brownstone cabin a couple of weeks ago but had to leave early because of a family emergency. The cabin was nice but the facility listed as amenities internet and washer and dryer. It turned out that you had to go some distance in order to access the net and only one cabin had a washer and dryer. I felt this was dishonest. I made five calls to Marion before she finally showed up at our cabin (a day and a half after we arrived). We were never provided with a key so we always took valuables with us when we went hiking, etc. In our haste to return home I left several hundred dollars worth of clothing in a closet. I notified Abbot Valley right away and according to them no one had occupied the cabin since we left. I assumed the cleaning folks would turn in my items of clothing and they would be returned to me. I suggested that they could charge my credit card that they had on file to pay for mailing. Well......... it's now two weeks later and Marion just e-mailed me saying she finally checked with her people and they claim they never saw anything. My husband and I travel extensively and have never had anything like this happen. I cannot recommend this facilitiy even minimall.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Maureen2533
Erin F, Owner at Abbott Valley Homestead, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Every attempt was made to respond to this guest's many requests. She announced during their stay they would be leaving a day earlier to see their daughter. She then asked to be refunded for their early departure. I explained our policy that we would be unable to refund. Nothing was mentioned as to the nature of their departure. Shortly after leaving she contacted me that several items had been left in the closet. I checked the closets and dresser and found nothing. My staff contacts me immediately if something is left behind and they had not found any clothing or personal items. When I shared this with the guest, she accused my staff of stealing her items. My staff has worked for me for many years. They are dedicated, loyal, honest and caring. We have never had an issue, and this comment reflected more on the customer than on my staff.
In all of our years of business, we have never been accused of theft. Sincerely, MF

Reviewed 20 January 2012

We stayed 3 nights in the Quintoken cabin at Abbott Valley. The cabin was perfect with 3 bedrooms we each had our own bed at night after our long hikes, horse riding and rafting in GNP. The cabin is fully furnished with cooking and grilling, as well as a pot belly fireplace that we used every evening. It also has a private deck by the creek where would have our morning coffee and evening meals. We loved the absolute beauty and peace of the homestead, the cleanliness of the cabin and the quality/value of the cabins. Marion is awesome she took the time to show us everything in the cabin and even demonstrated to my 12 yr old son how to split the wood for the fireplace. We cannot wait to go back to Abbott Valley!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Mark P
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We were originally booked in the Brownstone for our short trip to Montana. Unfortunately, there was some flooding in the area and a local was staying in our cabin. To our delight, we were upgraded to the Jay Bird cabin with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The cabin was exceptionally clean and delightfully decorated. The spacisous master bedroom with a king bed was a great place to sleep! We enjoyed sitting outside listening to the creek across the drive and enjoying the fresh air. The water from the tap was perfect, I wish that I could have bottled it and brought it home to Florida with me! Marion was very nice, and not too pushy when asking for advice on what to do and what to see. This property was a great place to stay, next time I hope we can take our good friends with us to enjoy it! PS. Tape your favorite TV shows, because there isn't a TV....and you won't miss having one!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the cabins from what we observed!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Enessgt
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Our family just returned from a lovely few days at Abbott Valley. We stayed in The Millhouse. It was perfect for my family (myself, husband, 2.5 year old and 7 month old), my parents and also two cousins who stayed in an RV out front. It's a very peaceful property and my daughter loved exploring the creek and feeding the horses.
Glacier Park is AMAZING. So beautiful. At first, we were bummed that all the park lodging was booked. However, it was so nice to have our quiet hide away in Abbott Valley. The lodges are a bit crowded and hectic in July.
We loved it here and would highly recommend it! The owners are laid back, yet totally accommodating for anything you need.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank JLongo
Reviewed 12 January 2010

We stayed three nights in the Brownstone Cabin, and can't think of a better place to experience "True Montana". What a gem; a home away from home. From the time we arrived, we felt so welcomed. We were greeted by the resident cat, Boxer, and later by Wiggsley, a lovable Corgi. Marion stopped by to make sure we had everything we needed. The cabin has pots, pans, dishes, and even a BBQ. It is a great base for Glacier National Park, just 8 miles from the entrance. We enjoyed sitting by the fire ring each night, listening to the peace and quiet, and gazing at the stars. Each morning we enjoyed having coffee on the deck. It was so nice to return to such a relaxing place after long hikes each day. We want to go back soon! The Foley Family provides the ultimate getaway. Thanks Marion, for a memorable stay!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marshgraham

Been to Abbott Valley Homestead? Share your experiences!