“Wholesome, breathtaking, wonderful, awesome, delicious.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Martinsdale
Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
“Wholesome, breathtaking, wonderful, awesome, delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

This ranch is absolutely wonderful. The hosts, June and David, are wholesome and accomodating, the chef (Fred) is superb in cooking delicious meals and a mean harmonica player. The wranglers and staff are very friendly. The accomodations were rustically beautiful and the horses more than willing to carry you anywhere you wanted to go. The scenery was breathtaking and clean and crisp. The riding is not for beginners but such a delight for those who ride often and love it. I highly recommend this ranch for anyone who loves to ride and loves the west.

Room Tip: There are separate cabins and all are very nice.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eckennel

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

As a single traveller I spent an amazing week in my own cabin surrounded by spectacular scenery and welcoming hosts. June and David who run Bonanza Creek could not have been more accomodating and friendly. The cabin was big and comfortable, and the peace and quiet was great.

There are around 40 horses at the ranch but the choice for me was just the right fit, and whilst the riding style is very different to that in the UK you quickly pick it up with the help of the wranglers advice. The horses are very well trained and responsive, and there is no nose to tail riding. The horseriding was varied each day and you could join in as much or as little as you liked. We did everything from rounding up and moving the cattle, to beautiful rides for breakfast in the forest, to driving the horse and wagon team.

Having read previous good reviews on tripadvisor I was expecting a lot from Bonanza Creek and I was not disappointed, I will definately be returning !!!!!!!

My top tip for anyone who stays here is to bring plenty bug spray and long tops for the mosquitos as they could be a problem in the evenings.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank 186394Helen
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

I have travelled the world seeking adventure and unique experiences. I found all of that and more at Bonanza Creek. The experience is a quality one. I felt welcomed, safe and very comfortable from the moment I arrived. June&David and family&staff are "real" and passionate about sharing the ranch experience with every traveller's skill set, expectations and comfort level in mind. I loved the food and looked forward to three hearty meals a day. My horse and I bonded, as did the small group of international traveller's who shared stories&songs around the campfire and eagerly anticipated the next day's activities.
If you don't have fun at Bonanza Creek...I would say that it's maybe you and not the ranch that needs to make an adjustment...lol. Happy Trails!

Room Tip: All Cabins have an
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Saline, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

Just got back from ANOTHER trip to Bonanza Creek and it was even better than I remembered it! Everything was lush this year with wild flowers covering the range. We had 5 days of wonderful riding--two included moving cattle. My horse was amazing. Very sensitive and just right for me! The food was great, as was all of the hospitality. Can't recommend this place high enough!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

I just spent my first week at Bonanza Creek with friends. It was lovely in every way...the hosts and facility were warm, gracious and welcoming. The wranglers and the horses were the best, and they did an excellent job of matching my riding skills to the right horse. It was spiritually, physically and emotionally the perfect get away and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

We have spent a wonderful week at Bonanza Creek, really hard to go back home as we feel like at home!
Beautiful landscape, great hospitality from June & David and all their team, excellent home made cooking and great lodging (we had the Indian Cabin, ideal for a couple with a beautiful view on the rich wildlife of the region and the crazy mountains).
Very nice, comfortable and secured horses dedicated to the ranch activities.
Howether as I choose a special experienced riders week I was expected as indicated to faster and longer rides which was not the case, which means not a lot of fun on the horse. Howether the wranglers tried to do their best to satisfy everyone so we had the oportunity to make a few runnings during the week and last afternoon I had the opportunity to have a ride only with the 2 wranglers as the rest of the team have chosen no to ride and we had a great fun, from far the best ride of the week and the best ride of my life as I rode the fastest horse of the ranch as we switched with one of the wrangler with almost only runnings in the open land and have done like cross rides.

Karine from France

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SYLKAR
Princeton, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

June & Dave are the best hosts! Our cabin was well appointed and very comfortable with beautiful views, even cows at our door in the morning! The wranglers were all friendly, interesting and helpful - we had wonderful rides and each one was different! It even snowed one morning! Our meals were always delicious and beautifully presented. I really enjoyed my massage one evening! You are definitely made to feel special and very welcome!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends

Been to Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!