“It really is that good....”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Martinsdale
Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The rest of the reviews about this ranch are spot on (ignore the 1 bad review it's fiction).

From the moment that June came out to meet us in the car park to the moment we left this morning we have had the most amazing and fantastic experience. This ranch is without question run with passion and love for the purpose of giving each guest a wonderful experience that exceeds everything you hope it is going to be.

Jim and Annie are very experienced Wranglers with safety at the top of their list, they are also excellent company. One thing you won't expect is the friends you will make, to share this experience with like minded people will make you friends for life. The way June and David run this ranch is exceptional from the welfare of their extensive herd of truly inspirational horses to the spotless cabins and fun itinerary. So much effort has gone in to each trail, each meal and each day. Cami-Jo (Cook/Chef) could give Chef Ramsey a run for his money.

The day spent with Larry in the Crazies up to 8100 ft was spectacular as was the wagon ride to the hunting lodge. June and David have created a haven for horse and country lovers, they allow you to herd their cattle, team pen, gallop across the plains and so much more.

One tip.. we flew in to Bozeman and by chance spotted the Walmart just before you head out onto the more remote areas. Its quite a long drive to the nearest store and each cabin has a huge fridge so stock up on the way... (booze mainly as the food is more than ample). Also watch your speed on the very long roads after you turn off 82. I got stopped by a State Trooper who kindly let me off when I gave him my full blown confused British Tourist act :-)

Thanks again June, David, Jim, Annie, Larry, Cami-Jo, Jess, Virginia and the very special people who stayed with us this week. Hope to return again.

Mike & Alison

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SealInemike

Reviewed 12 August 2013

You wouldn't think any trip could exceed the expectations of someone who has waited almost her entire life for a Ranch vacation...but Bonanza Creek Ranch definitely did! It is hard to know where to start with the praise! June and David make you feel right at home, Cami Jo serves up the best food experiences...yummmmm! Virginia and Jessie make sure every thing is perfect for you. Jim and Annie make each riding trip an adventure, so encouraging for everyone, our "experienced" week was just the right skill level. Larry is an excellent guide on the ride up into the Crazy Mts. Millie and Cruiser visited our porch everyday for some lovin'

Flynn was my perfect horse for this adventure. He has heart and smarts...remember I will have a retirement home waiting for him :).

We can say we have new friends from the UK and Germany now and will keep in touch with them :)

Thank you, Jessie, for sharing your birthday celebration with me. It is a birthday I shall never forget...so all of you folks out there looking for a great week of riding and making new friends, Bonanza Creek Ranch is the place...wish I hadn't waited for my 60th year, but plan to be back again in the future!

PS the nearby Ghost town, Castle Town, and the Bair Museum were icing on the cake.

Room Tip: My traveling companion and I stayed in the Mt. Man/Prairie Cabin Bunkhouse which was perfect. We had...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Bonanza creek ranch was the most fabulous holiday, and i really didn't want to leave. June and David made us welcome from the moment we arrived. The experienced staff of wranglers (Jim and Annie) made sure we had horses that suited us and it was no problem to them to try a few out to get a good match. Once your perfect mount was found, and when I say perfect that is no exaggeration, you were off for the most beautiful scenic rides of your life. After riding food was served to tempt even the fussiest of eaters. Cami Jo the chef was a great character and you could tell she loved her job. The cabins were lovely, we stayed in the cowboy cabin and it had the most beautiful views. The cabins were spotless and kept that way by their great housekeeping/ anything else you needed doing team of Jessica and Virginia. Nothing was too much trouble. If you love riding in stunning scenery and like to be looked after ( for a change!) then this is the holiday for you.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Stottytotty
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I'm not certain any written review can do justice to Bonanza Creek; you must experience it to fully appreciate the slice of paradise June and her crew have created. But having stayed at several guest ranches here in the US and abroad, I can say with confidence that Bonanza Creek is at the very top, from the quality of the rides and horses, to the absolutely gorgeous scenery, to the cozy cabins awaiting you every evening. The meadows filled with wildflowers and the mountain backdrops are stunning. The horses are happy, fit and responsive, and my mount was an absolute prince. The other guests were also a delight, from a variety of countries but all very experienced riders with a love of horses and the outdoors. But what makes Bonanza Creek so special is the warmth and hospitality with which June and her crew surround their guests. Jim and Annie, the wranglers, were not only terrific horsemen(women) but also such lovely and interesting people to talk with while out and about in the saddle. Cami Jo's cooking will soon become legendary, I'm sure; everything she prepared was outstanding. And Virginia and Jessica I believe could build a fence in the morning and set a perfect table that evening without blinking an eye (not to mention Virginia's Montana size meatballs!!). Truly, it was an amazing experience and leaving this special place was so, so hard. The only thing that kept me going down the driveway was the thought that I could return next year. Thank you all, June, Jim, Annie, Cami Jo, Jessica, and Virginia for an absolutely incredible adventure!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank JustRide
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I could not fault our stay at the ranch at all. The cabins were beautiful and the staff couldnt do enough for you. We waited 14 months to finally embark on our holiday of a lifetime and it not only met our expectations, it exceeded them tenfold. We had a few worries before we went, mainly if we were up to the riding (or if we could get on from the ground or not!!) but the wranglers were so friendly and supportive we never needed to worry. Not only were they helpful, they were interesting too, I could have chatted to them all day!! I have a fear of heights so god knows what possessed me to book a riding holiday in the mountains but I did!! The bonanza creek team looked after me and even gave me a special present for conquering my fears. I went on the holiday with two friends and we have discussed which bits were our best bits but to be honest we couldn't choose. Every day was special and will stay with me forever!! Thanks to the team at Bonanza Creek for making my dream well and truley come true x

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Dawn D
Reviewed 5 September 2012

What an amazing place. Lovely caring people, welcoming surroundings, fantastic horses and WOW what an adventure. Each day was better than the last, (if that was at all possible). Can highly recommend. They will go at whatever pace you are comfortable at, no pressure....honest.
Fabulous country side and breathtaking views. Keep looking out for them there Injuns!

Room Tip: You really need a 4x4 to make this adventure complete. Cabins allocated according to number of gues...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We were dreaming since a long time of a ranch holiday, and the week we spent at Bonanza Creek made it really come true. Our week here was absolutely fantastic. June and her staff are doing their utmost to make your experience above all expectations, never met such friendly and welcoming people. The area is truly wonderful, the horses are great, the rides are full of pleasure and excitement for everyone. The food is top quality and the pioneer cabin is a unique place to stay - extremely peaceful, great views, all comfort you could wish for, it simply couldn't be better! We all felt very bad when we had to leave, and the memories of this vacation will remain in our minds and hearts forever. I just hope that one day we will have the opportunity to go back...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Been to Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!