“absolutely fabulous” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Martinsdale
Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch
Anniston, Alabama
“absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

am planning my third trip to bonanza creek june 2011. never had more fun in my life than going to this ranch. wish i could take everyone i know to this place.
the owners are the finest folks i have ever met and feel like family---and the staff was just the best.-------still communicate with some of them!
the cabins are just so nice and decorated just perfect. the food is to die for!!!! 3 fabulous meals a day. we did team penning, moved cattle, drove wagons, and saw the most beautiful country you can ever imagine. horses were perfect---we all tried to buy the ones we rode! i can't say enough about the service, the fun, the accomodations, the food and the voldseths.
bonanza creek was recommended to me by two friends that had gone to similar type ranches all over the west---but said when they went to bonanza creek country---no need to go anywhere else---it was the absolute best. could not agree more!
i highly recommend bonanza creek coiuntry and cannot wait til june 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by the way---everytime i return i contact the people who were there during my trips and let them know i am going back---------most of them return also. how cool is that!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

well what can i say, As a little girl i always dreamed of being that cowgirl! and where better to experience it! Bonanza Creek .. it finally felt like i had come home! The welcome was amazing,the staff made me feel like an old friend returning, my boy Elco (my horse for the week) was well matched up to my riding ability,the cabins are equipt with all you need, the views all around you are spectacular, the peace and quiet of this magical place will stay with me forever! ooo the food, the massage, the walks,the rides.... i cant get enough! the only really horrible thing about this place..... LEAVING!!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WhiteHartKillick
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2010

My guy and I are both riders and own horses here at home in Georgia. We have visited several guest ranches over the last few years and we hold Bonanza Creek near and dear to our hearts. We consider the Voldseths and friends we've met at the ranch to be family. We vacationed with them 3 years in a row. Loving every minute of it. We've recommended them to our friends and plan to stop by on our travels thru Montana this summer. This is not a cookie cutter guest ranch.

This is a ranch where you really get to RIDE. You ride like you will never have the opportunity to at any other ranch. There are no nose to tail trail rides. Each rider is matched with a horse that suits their style and personality. My guy laughs at all the calculations I did on how I was going to bring my horse BUSTER home from the ranch.

Riders may choose their pace for the day. Full tilt or relaxed. The wranglers work hard to give you a great day in the saddle.

Getting to actually move the cows was amazing. Much like a chess game - strategy and positioning - creating a great sense of accomplishment at the end of the day.

On horse back, you will saunter thru fields of wild flowers. You will charge up the edgy crest of a hill. You will sit on your cabin porch staring at that crest as evening falls thinking about the heart pounding run you made that day.

You will relax in the sun with a picnic lunch as your horse grazes near by. You will dart in and among the cattle as you move them from watering hole to watering hole. You will race faster than you can imagine thru open spaces - stopping to wipe tears of joy from your eyes and barely be able to wipe the grin from your face knowing that your friends are at their desks while you experience another incredible day at Bonanza Creek.

This is not your typical dude ranch - no branding jeans, no square dancing, no nose to tail riding, no mingling with a hundred guests you'll never remember. This is a piece of heaven that lets you get a peek at what real life on a ranch might be like.

I would recommend Bonanza Creek to anyone who loves horses, loves the out doors, loves stunning views, and loves genuine home style comfort and good company.

I've posted a few of my favorite photos. (I have hundreds!)

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TheArtBarn-FarmerSue
VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2010

I am a frequent visitor to the ranches of MT and can tell you this ranch is one place I would go out of my way to warn people about. In our group of four, two of us had problem after problem with our horses; lameness with constant stumbling, to blindness in one eye where the owner , June, joked "just don't ride him near a ledge". We are a group of experienced riders with our own farms and horses, so we expected to receive the qulity of horse they advertised. What a disappointment..we felt sorry for the horses. During the team penning, I had to switch horses because June admitted my horse for that day was afraid of cows. I was not the only person asked to switch mounts for that event. And of cattle drive was about 12 moving 8-10 calves from an open field to the team penning area. The "cattle drive" took about 30 minutes. There were some nice horses, but they were reserved for the European guests, since, as we heard June remark, "she preferred Europeans over Americans", a statement she also repeated to a fellow ranch owner. We left on day 3 of a 7 day stay, with a promise of a refund since we were so disappointed. The refund never was received, in fact, she denied ever saying it although there were two of us present during our conversation. Thank goodness, we went back towards Gallatin Gateway and ended up at a ranch that delivered all they promised. Bonanza Creek had pretty scenery, and the cabins were not too bad, but small compared to every other ranch we have stayed at. Her staff was friendly..we even had one apologize for June's behavior towards us. Check out the BBB in MT for a full report. If you want a truly reputable ranch, try Covered Wagon, the McGinnis Ranch or 9 Quarter Circle. Don't make the same mistake we did.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank mtranchlover
wildwildwest1, Owner at Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch, responded to this review, 10 March 2011
I would be glad to discuss this review with anyone who would like an explanation. Thanks!
Devon UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2008

Bonanza Creek Ranch in Martinsdale Montana is a authentic and well situated working cattle ranch. We just returned from a 6 day stay at the ranch with June, David and all their staff ( who are fantastic ) The quickest way to get there is to fly into Bozeman ,a small town that is well worth an overnight stay. You can then either arrange a transfer with the ranch or drive yourself out ( I would recommend having a car as there is plenty to see locally ). On arrival you will be welcomed by the team and shown to one of the great cabins. We were a group of 6 and all the cabins had excellent facilities.
The riding at the ranch is the main focus of the stay and this too is of a very high and safe standard. The horses are all well suited to the task and are well behaved and polite. Riding is tailored to your ability but if your an experienced rider you will get some great gallops and canters, but a nice pace of scenery to enjoy as well. This truely is big sky country and the views are breathtaking.
Meals are communal and served in a family environment. The food is a highlight with hearty meals and plenty of it.
I would also recommend the buffalo tour and Castletown the local ghost town.
What makes this trip is the scenery and horse riding but for us the people at the ranch are special to. Many Thanks to June, David, Carrie, Tanya, Larry. Rhonda, Cindy and Betty who made this an experience never forgotten but hopefully to be repeated in 2010 by our group.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing it was all Fab
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Jayneclive8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsdale
Bear Creek Ranch
Bear Creek Ranch
#1 of 1 in East Glacier Park

Been to Bonanza Creek Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!