“Beautiful!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in McLeod
Hawley Mountain Guest Ranch
Chuluota, Florida, United States
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

After driving up in Rain/crazy road, we were ready to turn around. What a mistake we had such a wonderful time and weather. Staff and owners are great. The riding is breath taking and something for all levels to enjoy. 4x4 ride was so much fun glad I did it. Lots to do at the ranch fishing,hiking, scenery(waterfalls) etc. where else can you have horses at the your porch! Cabins are more premative then most althought comfortable. Lots of walking to barn,lodge and cabins. Awesome staff and the owners are great wow where they get there energy...Ron what an inspiration vollyball KING. I also miss that cowboy coffe I am going to try and make at home.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I'm a Montana resident from the city, but my dad and I go out hiking pretty often. Once, out truck broke down on the mountain about a mile from the ranger station. We got a ride from a couple on four-wheelers who brought us to Hawley, where we called some family. We showed up, unannounced and we had been without shower for those three days (it wasn't horrendous, but we weren't as clean as usual). Then, in good old generosity, they let us stay for dinner. The food was great, and the company was good. I enjoyed getting a chance to be back with horses-- even if I didn't ride.
The owners and staff were wonderfully kind and welcoming. The other guests are polite (I think they were a little confused by us randomly showing up) and the scenery is gorgeous-- even for the rest of Montana. I recommend a stay, and I would love to go for fun instead of a broken-down pickup.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank WieBitte
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

We have stayed at Hawley Mountain Guest Ranch twice now and have had a great time each time. It's on the smaller side of a dude ranch, so you get to know everyone, which is nice. There are plenty of things to do besides ride horses-which you can do every day if you like. The hikes are great and the 4 x 4 ride up to Independence is a great experience. We have stayed in the cabins both times and we prefer Cabin A which has an extra screened in loft area, perfectly for sleeping under the stars without really sleeping outside. The kids preferred that sleeping spot over their beds in the other loft area. The food has always been great and abundant. Cookouts are twice a week and one of my favorite highlights-complete with jeans branding for a great take home souvenir. The staff and wranglers go above and beyond to make sure they fulfill all of your requests and meet your expectations. The lodge sits on the cliff with great views of the river, lake, and meadows. We have seen bear on both of our visits as well as many deer and other wildlife. My husband enjoys the fly fishing. The scenery is superb and it's a great family vacation for all ages. I highly recommend the raft trip for bald and golden eagle sightings. I really can't think of anything we haven't enjoyed. It can be as relaxing or activity filled as you want it to be. It will always be one of our favorite vacations. Watch the road going up though, if they've had heavy snow melts like the last year we went, it can be slow going and lots of pot holes. My parents took their motorhome and made it, but probably would have scouted it out ahead of time and maybe left it at one of the campgrounds along the way.

Room Tip: Cabins are great but need to be booked way ahead of time. Lodge rooms have a nice balcony view.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank freetofly1234
Bloomngton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

We spent a wonderful week here in July. The trail rides were great, very scenic. The staff was super. They acted like they enjoyed spending time with us, including at meals. Joe was a great flyfishing teacher, and I had to run out and get my own equipment as soon as we left the ranch! Ray and all the wranglers were fun to spend time with and attentive to safety on the trails. My horse was perfect for me. The view from our lodge room was spectacular, and we never tired of sitting on the balcony to enjoy it. The rooms are comfortable, but not fancy. The food was delicious and nutritious, and there was plenty of it! The only caveat I would give would be to those who want speed on horseback. You'd have to be nuts not to let the horses pick their way carefully on the trails, but the spectacular scenery made up for it.

Room Tip: The lodge is cheaper and has better views. The cabins would be nice for families.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kris B
iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Our family of four had an excellent adventure at HMGR-a very special place. The owners and staff work extremely hard to ensure that all guests are well taken care of. It is obvious that they love this place and love entertaining guests. A very intimate environment that we highly recommend. You will feel loved. Do yourself a favor and visit the folks at Hawley Mountain.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank timloveshawaii
Ypsilanti, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

We were absolutely delighted with everything about Hawley Mountain Guest Ranch. The views were breathtaking, the activities filled with adventure, the meals were bountiful and delicious and the staff was the most committed, well oiled machine we have ever seen. We have traveled all over the world but we left our hearts at Hawley Mountain. Thank you Ron, Phyllis, Michelle, Ray, Joe, Sara, Big Buddy and Jane! You are the most genuine, kind spirited people we have ever encountered on a trip and you made our 30th wedding anniversary a true celebration!

Room Tip: The lodge rooms were very comfortable but next time we will take a cabin for a more romantic stay.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BevBuck_11
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

My husband and I finished a tour of some Idaho and lots of Montana with a stay at Hawley Mountain. We knew it would be somewhat remote and rustic; we didn't know it would supply some of our best memories from the trip.

The staff is cheerful, communicative, and eager to please. From the cook and her assistants in the kitchen to the owners of the ranch, who are total sweethearts, everyone circulates among the guests, calls you by name, and wants to know if there's anything they can do for you. Plans for every day, including short and long horseback rides, fly fishing, hikes, day trips to mountaintops and abandoned copper-mining towns, are suggested but can be altered based on your preferences. Three meals a day, the food was hot & satisfying, with plenty of fruit and vegetables, too (which we East Coasters had been sorely missing elsewhere in the state).

Be prepared to leave the real world entirely behind -- there's no Internet or phone service, and the ranch is 90 minutes from the nearest town, including about an hour on an unpaved, very dusty, bouncy road. But the scenery, especially once you arrive, erases all the worry about your rental car. Time with Ray, the head wrangler and one of the wittiest men in the West, is alone worth the price of admission, and the experience as a whole is not one you'll soon forget.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank shorterstory

Been to Hawley Mountain Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!