“OK for a budget hotel”
Review of Motel 6 Miles City

Motel 6 Miles City
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Miles City
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We normally wouldn't stay at a Motel 6, but this was the only room available in Miles City and even the surrounding cities. The lobby and surroundings were grungy, but at least the room was clean. My wife was able to borrow an ironing board and hair dryer from the lobby. We slept ok, although the bed was small. We didn't appreciate all the people hanging about outside the motel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Oh my just stopped off in Miles City on our way back from Yellowstone only hotel with a room available in the entire city is Motel 6 and it's awful. I'm serious worst hotel ever I am sure I am heading out to my car to sleep!!! The floor is dirty hair all over bathroom!!! There is a reason they a room left...so much for stopping off interstate when we get tired plan all parts of your trip rooms book up!!

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Keyden1
Reviewed 1 August 2014

What a stinker. Loud, dumpy, outdated rooms reminds me of either a hostel or "hourly rates" hotel. I would never recommend such a place to anyone. Camping would have been preferable. If you do stay, get a room away from the freeway (nearly impossible).

Room Tip: Take a room away from the freeway if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Omg, I stayed in 6/25/14 over night & it was so gross I pulled in as I was only wanting to drive 5 hrs a day from Wa. State to Chicago as I have a 4yr old & 6 month old. When I got to town after being on the road over 7 hrs because I hit Spokane traffic, so it took me 1.5 hrs to just get through Spokane, yes, I know, HOW??!! So we are driving to our destination and I should of know as t his was the ONLY Hotel with vacancy & the Motel 8 which was just as gross. So I pull in & there is some chick on the computer in the front area ( I guess free internet if you don;t hv a computer?) Then there is a guy in front of me checking in & you can tell he worked ALL DAY, I come in & walk right back out & search the area for an other place to stay, even tried a bed & breakfast as it was a Tuesday & thought NO WAY can everything be booked on a Tuesday??!! It was completely booked & the guys working there told me it was from all of them being out of town & them doing so much work there & it actually less busy on the weekends, now who would of thunk that? , so o.k. great but back to the front desk guy, he was booking in a guy & the phone rang, did he put the person on hold & tell him he had 2 ppl checking in & it might be 5 minutes if they would like to call back or if he could get there # & call back?? Nope, he started booking a reservation right then, now this is the 2nd time I am in the office as I left the 1st time as I thought I can not let my babies stay here!! So anyway, as we are listening to this guy make a reservation & now we have about 4 ppl behind me & the person he is booking in & I say, "hey dude, I have a 6 month old & 4yr old in the car, single mother, & need to get some sleep to get out of here as early as 6am (note: it was 9:45pm when I was booking in) I told him he should put the person on hold and get us our rooms that already have reservations, as I was not someone making a new reservation for a night but pre bought my room!! I know, what was I thinking!! So he kindly puts the person on hold & tells them it may be a minute as I told him if the caller had called b4 us coming in then do it but the caller called after we where in the office to to get off the damn phone!!! I get my room & my 4 yr old has to pee so we go to the bathroom & when I flush the toilet, water starts gushing out of the bottom of the toilet?? I try to call the office to get the code for internet & I have no working phone for even a wake up call?? Then I think o.k. Sabrina calm down, lets get some ice & just have a drink & calm down, NOPE, there were NO bags in the ice container & they had none in the front??? Are you kidding me???!!!! So I am getting my son's ready for bed, I was told on the phone with my reservation they had a crib, well the did not have a crib & not from being full but THEY DON'T HV A CRIB PERIOD!! Why could they just not tell me this when I asked? I go to get my son's ready for bed & there is some type of substance on my blankets?? I had to pull out our own blankets, pillows, towels, cleaning supplies as NOTHING THERE was clean. At about 3am I was pissed as I could not sleep & went to the front desk to talk to her about reaching the owner. She was the nicest lady EVER!!! Made the stay as she was just so nice but as she called the owner he had her go into my room as if he did not believe everything I said was wrong! Needless to say that everything I have mentioned was bad & she told the owner everything including my kids not in there blankets, my baby sleeping on the floor because I was not going to have him on the wall side with all the NASTY everywhere!!! She told the "OWNER that I was not lying and that water was shooting from the bottom of my toilet, which is SOOO GROSS, the phone did not work, ohh yeah the lights in my room did not work except the one in the bathroom, I had no liner for my ice container, & the BLANKETS were so gross that I am sure they had not been washed in 2 yrs when I know there has to be some policy to at least wash blankets every month but not only the top blanket as I NEVER use the top blanket anyway because I did work in a Hotel & know how it works but to have dirty sheets, & to hv someone tell me they would have a crib but to find out they don't even own a crib............ never ever ever ever ever ever!!!! I would of rather slept at the rest stop in my own car but I did love the late night lady & Wal-Mart in this city as I went late b4 we went to bed like 10:30p were the nicest ppl I think I have ever met. The guy that was working needs to have some training on how to work the front desk, the lady that works midnight's is someone you need working during the day with your customers, she was amazing & did do a walk through (peer the owner) like I am a liar?? She noted that everything I said was true, including having very gross sheets! I was going to drive an extra 200 miles as that is where there nearest Fairfield, Holiday Inn, or Best Western. :(

Room Tip: Don't chose a room here, keep driving or stop at the nearest rest area!! This place was so bad...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sassybree
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Horrible. Dangerous. Feral cats howling all night except for 30 minutes when they were chased by dogs. Safety warnings about locking doors. Complained to manager and was told to call the police. Asked for twenty dollars off room, said manager would call when he woke up. Never called. Don's stay here. Keep driving and get away from the oil towns.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Motel 6 is just off I-94, conveniently close to great restaurants, shopping, three gas spots, convenience stores, and, a short drive to the Historic Downtown Area. Rates are great, rooms are clean and spacious, wonderful staff. Good monthly rate! I stayed there seven weeks and saw staff do above and beyond--like fixing customers vehicles and/or giving them assistance, providing rides and information, etc.

Room Tip: Second floor has balcony with good view; first floor has no stairs; all rooms have private entrance...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TedF127
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed here on our way back to WA from the mid-west. I was hesitant to get Motel 6 because of their tendency to be below par (ie, no breakfast, weak coffee, 5 or 6 tv channels and half of them being sports). Typically I only stay at Motel 6 if I'm running super tight on my budget. Originally paid for two nights, ended up staying a week due to our truck breaking down and needing to have it repaired. After the first 3 night's they gave me a drastically reduced rate which was very appreciated. Overall I'm happy with the experience. Check-in desk personal are friendly. Housekeepers are nice and chat with you. The rooms are clean, though the ones with two beds are a little cramped. They have a couple restaurants that are both within walking distance (two min walk max), as well as a couple fast-food places close by. They have a grill in the inner-court yard. The TV line-up isn't horrible, probably 49 channels. The only thing that really bothered me was while I was sitting in the lobby using the computer, the manager was bad-mouthing the housekeepers and a couple other employees behind their backs. Seemed like a conversation that shouldn't have happened in the first place, but if it was going to happen, it should've been when / where a guest couldn't overhear. I would be likely to at least consider staying here again if I should pass through.

Room Tip: If noise will bother you, try to ask for a room in the court yard as the interstate exit is on one s...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family