“Bring your own pillow eeew”
Review of Redwood Lodge

Redwood Lodge
Redwood Lodge
Ranked #11 of 12 Missoula B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The place is old and sleezy. It's owned by an out-of-state person who doesn't care about the cleanliness, nor the courtesy of the employees, just how much money he'll make by ripping off travellers on the interstate and the ladies-of-the-night from the house-of-ill-repute, next door. The pillows are repulsive. The blankets, dirty and falling apart, most with cigarette burns. The towels are like sand paper. The conditioning shampoo is nice, though.
Carroll is a nice lady. The other employees are second-rate, but that's what we get when their boss will only pay $7.80/hr.
One redeeming quality: all the free biscuits and gravy, cereal and toast you can stomach, every morning from 6-10. You might have to make your own coffee, but it's right under the counter in the front lobby.

Room Tip: The Days Inn is just on the other side of the Interstate.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Randall20525
There are newer reviews for Redwood Lodge

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Or most other hotels in Missoula. This is an old, well-worn highway motel west of Missoula at the I-90 and Hwy. 93 junction. Everything in this motel is well-worn. I even got a "non-smoking room." I know because there is a sign on the door. However, as most smokers do, the sign has been ignored. Or maybe the sign was put up AFTER the carpet was already saturated. Who knows.

It wasn't unbearable, but I can't stand those stinking things and the people who smoke them, with little or no regard for others OR themselves.

Anyhoo, the room was large, the air conditioner worked GREAT, and the (AARP Rate) room was only $55, including tax, vs. the next lowest of $95 for the next step up. This room reminds me of when I was single and struggling (actually on the high side of that), and I could stay in any hotel in Missoula, but I am here solo, for one night, and just don't know why I should willing give up another $40 -$200 for a shower, television, air conditioner, and reasonably comfortable bed. Break it down by hours you spend in the room.

It ain't the Ritz Carlton, but they also provide more than a pasty pastrie for breakfast with the room, and the Manager, Carol, is a Queen (super nice).

Room Tip: If you plan to bring a laptop, ask for a room with good connectivity. Mine is excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ron W
Reviewed 14 April 2013

4’B’s (Not Fred’s)

This time I did have two small housecleaning issues which took less time to take care of myself than to call the front desk. Minor … but I looked even more closely for any others issues and didn’t find any. (I ALWAYS do a basic check of my room when I check in, even at the Holiday Inn). And I suppose it’s a really good idea when there is a sign in the office that says ‘No refunds after 30 minutes.”

The rooms are surprisingly quiet for having the freeway on one side and a truck stop on the other, I didn’t hear a thing from either side. Motel is somewhat unique that on the upper two floors, both the front and back are exterior walls. Your door faces the parking lot/truck stop and the windows face the freeway. On the lower level everything faces the freeway.

Check in / check out / whole stay was uneventful.

Breakfast had the basic’s of cereal and breads, plus biscuits and gravy … and waffles and French toast that could be warmed in the toaster.

I’ve stayed other places in this town and likely will again, but this seems to be my ‘to to’ place.

Room Tip: HINT: The stairs are outdoors and are a iron mesh, if you don’t like height’s you might be better of...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Reviewed 30 December 2010

The Redwood Lodge, Sinclair Truckstop, 4B's restaurant, and a casino all share one parking lot at the Crossroads Travel Center.
www.crossroadstravelcenter.com/lodging.html
This is the second time I've stayed here, the first time was because I needed truck parking, but I came back again this time when I could have parked at any motel in town. Price is right at just under $50. It's quiet even though all rooms face the truck parking lot or the Interstate or both. I'd rate it just above the average Days Inn/Super 8. This one provides three bars of soap, shampoo and conditioner. I checked out before breakfast this time, last time I checked it out, looked like your average spread, in a large room.
I did let the desk know that their was 'something black' on the tub, looked more like caulking than mold.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim-OnTheWayHome
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We were pleasantly surprised by this Motel! Having read the reviews at TripAdvisor and Yahoo Travel, we decided to check them out. So glad we did! The man checking us in had other people in the lobby when we arrived, and no matter who they were he treated everyone the same, including an elderly woman who stays there every month and a very young couple in town for her sisters' wedding. When it was our turn, he managed to make even our youngest child (yrs.) smile, after more than 12 hours in the car and as fussy and irritable as she was.
The breakfast is excellent and we had plenty of items to choose from.
The lady who checked us out was friendly and efficient, and we believed her when she wished us a good day!
You'll want to experience this nice, no frills Motel for yourself! You'll not be disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank redesigner13
Reviewed 31 August 2010

This is a great place for families! The rooms are nice and the employees are friendly and funny. The guy working evenings had our kids believing they had to help him make breakfast for us to be able to stay there! The breakfast is much better than you'd expect! This is a fine place to stop and relax for a night or a day.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank lenslightter
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We spent our honeymoon here and we were treated like royalty.......clean rooms, quiet, and they couldn't be more helpful.......we were given the bridal suite, and had surprises waiting in the room for us. the breakfast in the morning was great.........

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple