“Service Was Great”

Econo Lodge Missoula
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I don't usually stay at Econo Lodges but this was an unexpected surprise for me. I travel a lot on busines and always stay in the Choice Hotel Lines. The breakfast for me was great, a lot of different choices on cereal and I really liked the Fruit Cups as well. When I checked in I tried to extend my stay for a second night in the room that I had. They were not able to do that but they checked me into another room very quickly. When I checked in I asked about places to go to take photos and get some great shots. The guy behind the front desk was very helpful and very knowledgeable! I also asked where to eat that was not a chain, he directed me to several places that had good food and was very diverse in selection. I was very please with this stay and if I get the chance to come this way again I will stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Russell H, Manager at Econo Lodge Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. It's great to hear that you had a good experience with our front desk staff. I will pass that along to my team.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

This hotel was fairly clean, but with a distinct "animal" smell in the room. It booked up fast, probably due to the time of year and the location. The breakfast included cereal, donuts, toast, coffee, fruit cups and juice. More "continental" than many other locations today that include fairly full breakfast.

Room Tip: If you prefer not to sleep in a room or bed that has been "pet friendly", you may want to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry your stay fell short of your expectations. I have addressed with my staff the issues you raise and we hope to provide a better experience to our guests. We do have certain rooms where we allow pets, and our goal is that certain smells will not remain for future guests. My housekeepers will be taking better note of these rooms to prevent this from happening in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

it smelled like a musty basement and we had to be moved to another room. The next room was better but we still had to use an air freshener that we purchased. The cleaning staff was very friendly. For what it was they shouldn't have charged what they did. never again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Russell H, Manager at Econo Lodge Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize that your stay fell short of your expectations. I have brought up the issues you pointed out to my staff, and we are working to create a better experience for all of our guests.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Much better than other hotels in this same price range. It is so difficult to find a decent place to stay on the road anymore without paying a ton.This fits well for cost and being clean and having at least some breakfast to fill up on before pulling out. It reminded me of some of the motels of my childhood. Clean, basic, perfectly fine just not all the fancy frills. Worked well for what we needed which was a one sleep sleep. I'd stay again if looking for a place in that price point.

Room Tip: Second floor toward back looked out on a nice stand of trees.They have the environmental room which...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Cherie' H, Manager at Econo Lodge Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your stay and hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

My rating is based on all the Econolodges I have been to. Not comparing this to higher end hotels. It was very nice and clean! Total opposite my last econolodge stay in another city. Didn't stay for breakfast because it was the low end breakfast you expect at the Econolodges. We went to Perkins instead. Easy to get to. My one complaint is they let the smokers pollute the air right at the main door so you have to walk thru the cloud to get in or out of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pat c
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the room and breakfast was. The bed was comfortable and quiet and the shower was fine. The breakfast was really great, very nicely organized, well-stocked, and kept clean. No waffles, but numerous cold cereal choices, oatmeal, doughnuts, and amazing thick slices of whole-grain bread for toasting. We loved the bread so much, we wanted to find out where they bought it so that we could buy a loaf (sadly, the front desk staff didn't know), but it had to have been a local bakery. Highly recommended this reasonably priced hotel. Great spot, right off I-90.

If you are staying in Missoula, you must try the Bakery/Deli at Wheat Montana either off exit 96 at a truck stop or further down Reserve Street. Amazing, huge cinnamon rolls and delicious breads.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We were just stopping through on our way to Helena. Wanted an inexpensive overnight stay because it was late and we were leaving early. Two adults and three kids, including a baby, so needed quiet and clean. It is definitely no frills, but very friendly staff. It was affordable enough to get two rooms, and they were clean and plenty big. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast is not hot, but enough choices for whole gang to grab a bite before heading on the road, again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family