“Fun Place”

The Trough
Ranked #86 of 303 Restaurants in Missoula
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I stopped by The Trough recently for lunch. We were seated outside and enjoyed the sunny weather. Service was good and our orders were taken quickly and our drinks provided. I got the Olde Ruben and she got the Big Beef sandwich. Both sandwiches were very good and flavorful. I liked the fries I got with my sandwich and the chips provided with my wife's sandwich were also good. It proved to be a very relaxing lunch and one we will repeat again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visited The Trough on my way to the airport during my business trip in Montana. We didn’t have much time and the service was fast; we had our meals in a few minutes. I order the Maui Chicken and it was delicious. My friend ordered the Ruben and he enjoyed it as well. Overall, the meal was good, place was clean, service was fast so I have no complaints.

Reviewed 6 June 2018

The Trough is located in an old dairy. Hence the name. The service is a bit slow, but the wait is worth it. They have the best Bison burger in town!

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We decided to try out this restaurant after reading about it in the paper and from friends who had eaten here. It looks quite a bit different from the old Dale's Dairy, and I liked the new look, very warm and inviting.

One of the things we first noticed was how reasonable the prices were. The special for the evening was a rib eye steak with mashed potatoes and grilled vegetables and came with a dinner salad, all for $23.00. (That is a good $10.00 less than other places in town, maybe more)

My husband chose the special and I chose a green Chile bison burger with fries. Both dishes were excellent. The ribeye was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. The sides were all quite good as well. The burger was cooked perfectly and very flavorful. We got a lot of food... and were both so full we were not able to eat everything. (They don't skimp on the portions)

The place was already packed by 5:40 when we arrived, so we knew they must be doing something right. We also really enjoyed the customer service, from the wait staff to the manager. Even though this place is quite far from where we live, we will be back.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We have lived and raised our family in the Target Range area for the last 28 years. Dale’s Dairy was always the community’s little grocery store. A couple of years ago the business was sold and the new owners remodeled the old dairy area into a deli and restaurant. We have eaten there numerous times over the last year. The food is always excellent and the service superb and the entire place is clean as a pin. Tonight’s experience was no exception. Bailey our server was beyond superb and the meal perfectly prepared. The staff all seem to truly love what they are doing and today that is a rare commodity. Highly recommend for a true Montana neighborhood experience. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ In all categories since this app won’t register them.

Been to The Trough? Share your experiences!