“Incredible Missoula Hotel!”

StoneCreek Lodge Missoula
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This is the best hotel in Missoula, maybe the best in all of Montana. I have stayed in over 20 different hotels throughout Montana and Hawthorn Suites is by far the nicest hotel of them all. The rooms are spotless, very large in size, quiet & the beds are incredible. I slept better here than at my own house. The hotel looks brand new. I am definitely staying here everytime I need a room in Missoula. Great service also!!

11  Thank Jimmy F

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Each room has a little stovetop, a large fridge, and a microwave. The room is large and very comfortable to lounge in. The beds are soft and comfy. Tully's coffee is available downstairs which is a feature we loved. The staff was very helpful and accommodating during our visit.

Breakfast is very nice for a hotel. Most days you will find potatoes, waffles, eggs, and sausage. There is plain bread for toast. Every now and then they will mix it up with some gravy and biscuits. Don't expect anything sweet though.

My only suggestions is that this hotel would add some nice pastries to breakfast. It's sad that there isn't any when Wheat Montana is just down the road. Also, housekeeping needs to go down the hallways and shampoo the carpets of a few stains.

12  Thank PentecostalGeek
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This hotel was extremely comfortable & the room was very clean! The staff was helpful when I needed extra towels. I was impressed at the size of the rooms, they were very nice. Great beds, clean bathrooms, nice decor. I am definitely staying here again. :)

14  Thank William H
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Nothing really great about this hotel. Decore was a little on the blah side. Good free breakfast. They did not clean our room one of the days. Trash cans around the outside was overflowing the 3 days we stayed there and was never emptied. Front Desk staff was really nice and helpfull.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Overall: First trip to Missoula, traveling for work. A good deal, nice room, reasonable location for my needs.

Good: It looks like a fairly new hotel. The room was really nice, pretty spacious. Interesting arrangement with the closet, counter, microwave, mini-fridge area sticking out into the room, separating the bed/bath area from the entryway/living space. I liked it. The staff was very nice. The breakfast was nice, eggs and sausage, fresh waffles, biscuits and gravy, toast, cold cereal. It worked for me. The pool area looked really nice, but I didn't take advantage of it; nor did I use the exercise room. Even being close to the airport and the freeway, my room was quiet - much to my surprise. Free ice is great too.

Hmmm: It's really close to the airport which is nice, but, it's a ways out of the main Missoula area - so there's no restaurants - or really much of anything around the property. There's a C-Store within walking distance, but, that's it. So, you'll need transportation. I was told by the front desk that for $10.00 they'd give me a ride to the next exit and back. Good thing I got a car from work for most of the week, but it would have been nice for the couple of days I didn't have a car. The elevators are a trip - no problems, just interesting noises, clunks, bangs. Seemed a little slow too, but that wasn't a big deal. I've had other experiences in elevators, so maybe I'm just a bit sensitive. The bed was a pillow top king, somehow it was lumpy. Couldn't quite figure that one out. TV was the wasteland I remembered, but there were some issues with the cable signal. May have been weather related though as it wasn't consistent between days. AC was a bit noisy, especially switching on and off. Also, the curtains are placed in such a way that, when closed, the AC gets trapped behind them. I used some throw pillows to keep the curtains out of the way.

Thoughts: I was traveling alone, no family issues. Might have been an issue, no restaurant, if I'd had kids with me (especially small ones). Very convenient to the airport and freeway without excessive noise.

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor, North side. Seemed fine.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
14  Thank SRDad
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Found on line and could not be happier ..easy to get around .....People at the front desk very helpful Clean , new and a pleasure to find....
Would definitely go back ....... The best I have found in Missoula ..

Room Tip: close to elevator
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
15  Thank Gary T
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a newer hotel and the rooms are very spacious with a sink, small fridge, microwave, and coffee. Our room had a king bed as well as a hide-a-bed couch and chair. Bedding was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. Rooms have a desk and free wi-fi too. They have a good assortment of breakfast items, including "hot" scrambled eggs and waffles. It might have been nice to have more fruit items available - they only had oranges the morning we ate there. Very convenient to the freeway and airport, and easy access to the rest of town as well. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will stay again if we get back to Missoula.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask about discounts like senior, AARP, etc. It may save you a few dollars.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple