“Just what we needed” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 12 Missoula B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Just what we needed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

City Center was perfect! It had none of the unnecessary amenities of pricier hotels in the area, and all the advantages. It was within easy walking distance of shopping, restaurants, and the university. The room and bathroom were clean and simply decorated, the staff were helpful, parking was easy, the appliances worked fine, and most importantly-- it was super reasonably priced!!! We stayed an extra night in Missoula because of the affordability here. Thank you so much City Center Motel! We had a fantastic time in Missoula!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carrie J
Bhaval, Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Carrie J ,Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with the thousands of visitors to Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you allowed us to be your gracious host and look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed for 4 nights this past July 2013.

THE MOTEL
Like many motels in this area, many were built sometime in the 1950's-60's and some have been let run down while others are being renovated into "value-retro" lodging.
WE did not expect a lot of "extras" and "fluff" - more of a retro "American Road" experience - and City Center Motel delivered exactly this.

Apparently many people enjoy a motel to be a motel and not a resort - as vehicles in the parking lot ranged from Mercedes SUV to several wonderful Harleys (aren't all Harleys wonderful??) to cyclists rolling through.
This is a "repeat stay" motel for many guests - summer after summer as they tour through Missoula.

THE ROOM
Our room was a great value at only $55/night. We did not choose based upon price, but rather for the "retro" experience".
The room was clean and showed care in the maintenance and repaint. A small fridge, microwave & and TV were in the room - coffee is provided each morning in the lobby.

The bathroom was neat & tidy, completely redone with ceramic tiles on the floor and lower 1/2-walls.
The bed was firm - maybe to firm for side sleepers like us - but may be fine for folks who prefer a firm mattress. A memory foam topper would make this a great sleep. (While I dropped one point for sleep - that is our preference - not the fault of the motel)

HOSTS
The friendly hosts are very helpful. Everything about this place shows great pride of ownership.
When I called to book, the hostess told us about the events happening in Missoula that weekend... (a very nice personal touch)

OUR STAY

We had our bicycles with us, and woke early before the mid-90's heat arrived each day for a bike ride along Missoula's paved paths. Pedal south a few blocks from the motel to the bike paths and follow the paved river cycle paths in either direction. For more paths - cross the bridge to the U of M - the paths are along the South side of the river. (We rode all the way to Reserve then North to the Super Walmart)
A wonderful start to our days in Missoula

I have read another review here that mentioned crime and night-time noise in the area - on the contrary - we were impressed with just how QUIET it was ...

Thank you for a wonderful stay!! :)

Room Tip: If stairs are a problem - ask for ground level rooms. 2nd floor room windows open over main street...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gord H
Bhaval, Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
What fun it was to read your review. Thank you for sharing your Positive experience , as other guests will surely find it helpful.We appreciate your kind review and we look forward to seeing you again!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Good place to stop for a night in Missoula. Very clean, friendly owners, big bathroom, fresh donuts across the street in the morning. Microwave, refrigerator and cable tv in room. Highly recommended Short walk away from the river.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank mojojoe
Bhaval, Manager at City Center Motel, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate the feedback from our guests. I'm glad you enjoy your stay with us and I will pass kudos onto my staff for a job well done. We look forward to seeing you again! Best Regards,
City Center Motel.
Great Falls, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

My friends and I traveled to Missoula from Central Montana, to see a concert at the Wilma. The City Center Motel was within walking distance and the price beat all the other hotels by a landslide.

Rooms. Older, but clean The sheets were VERY clean not only could you see it you could smell the clean. The bathroom was spotless. Rooms were quiet, I had the bed closest to our neighbors and there wasn't a sound through the walls. not even a spec on the floors, While older it was meticulously clean. Dorm fridge and microwave were a nice touch.

Free (REALLY) high speed wifi was an excellent addition as even in my free time I have to work, so it was nice to have wifi that would not boot me off every 20 minutes or so.

But, the best thing about this place was the staff!! Oh my gosh, they were so sweet and courteous, I had called with an inquiry 2 days before and when I called back she remembered me and my dates and how many. When we arrived, we were met with a smile and a can do attitude. Which is not common in the smaller hotel industry.

The City center motel is within walking distance to Downtown Missoula, venues, pubs, restaurants, great clothing stores, fast food chains and even some cute local places, the price can't be beat and when you add that to the cleanliness and friendliness, if you don't mind not having the fancy modern looks, this hotel is VERY worth it.

I will stay here again and will recommend to travelers to Missoula...
THANK YOU FOR A GREAT ROOM!

Room Tip: We had an end non-smoking room. Quiet and comfy!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TatjannaM
Bhaval, Owner at City Center Motel, responded to this review, 7 October 2012
Thanks for taking a moment to share your experience with us, It was uplifting to know that you where able to experience and enjoy the cleanliness and hospitality of our staff. Positive reviews from guests like you encourages us to even do a better job and create home away home experience. Once again thank you for your stay and will be looking forward to your return. Best Regards CITY CENTER MOTEL Staff.
north west
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

The room was clean and comfortable with a fridge and microwave. The bathroom was spacious with a decent shower. The staff were friendly and helpful. It was great value for the money and right in town. They serve coffee in reception in the morning. It was quiet and we enjoyed a decent nights sleep. Not fancy but a perfectly good place to spend a night.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NorthWestLulu
Bhaval, Owner at City Center Motel, responded to this review, 28 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us. We're very glad you enjoyed your stay. It's great to hear that you found your room clean and comfortable , and that you found the staff helpful and friendly. We very much look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit to Missoula. Take care until then!
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

I highly recommend this motel .we booked 2 rooms for 3 nights for my son's graduation , very reasonable price for clean rooms ,i thought managers where polite and courteous and the place is safe they have security cameras installed around the property , while checking out they even let me use there personal computer to print my boarding passes . me and my family really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank APPY P
Bhaval, Owner at City Center Motel, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
We are delighted to read that you have been overall impressed with the quality of our hotel and service. Your kind comments will serve as an added inspiration to consistently maintain the high standards which you have experienced during your stay with us.

Once again, thank you and your comments will be shared with the management & staff.
We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

CITY CENTER MOTEL
406-543-3193
Missoula, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

This establisment is extremely unreliable, rude, unclean, AND looking to make a quick buck from the unsuspecting guest.

Manager was EXTREMELY RUDE from the git-go. Upon arrival there were police officers and vandalism and the police were kicking people out left and right. I was thinking this would be a safe place to stay for awhile. But it was loud, disturbing, not easy to sleep.

I put my son on my guest list and they were adament that he would be trouble and their haughty attitude and threatening to keep my deposit over a wash cloth their maid lost track of. I was accused of stealing the lousy washcloth and charged me $10. on check out then threatened to call the police if I didn't leave even though my room was in good order and I produced my receipt, AND, she wouldn't give me my receipt back. She said if I didn't like it I could call the cops. This is part of their scam, if they don't give you your receipt back, there is no record, right? So it is their word against yours and you will be the loser.

I have since learned this motel is running a scam with people they think have no recourse because they do not have permanent housing. It is a falicy to assume that because someone is homeless, they are idiots and trouble makers. What people do not seem to realize is that everyone is about two days away from being on the street themselves.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bhaval, Owner at City Center Motel, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Hi i am the owner/manager at city center motel. I am really disappointed after reading your comment that you were not satisfied with the service at our motel. After doing some research and talking to my staff, I came to a conclusion that you might have wrote a review on a wrong motel. We never had police kicking people left and right on our business, if you would like I can back this up with police department. Also we have never charged our guests $10.00 or any fees for missing wash cloth. We are a family owned motel and we always strive to give good quality service to all our guests. I do request you to please verify you review and make the appropriate changes.
If you still have any concern please feel free to contact me .

Truely,