“Staying in your car would be a better option!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of FairBridge Inn & Suites

FairBridge Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Stevenson, Washington
“Staying in your car would be a better option!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This hotel is absolutely filthy. Carpets looked as though they hadn't been vacuumed in months. But the real kicker was the bed bugs in my room. And when I went to report the problem, I didn't even have to give them the room number. The employee behind the desk said "let me guess, room ###. They knowingly rented this room out! I would never stay at this hotel again. If this is your only option, double check with the health department first. Our entire group (10 + rooms) ended up leaving and going down the street to a competitor.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
2 Thank 789softballmom
CinthiaR, Manager at FairBridge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Oh yes, I remember your incident. Bed bugs are brought into a hotel by hotel guests not because the hotel is dirty. Hotels near National Parks or in big cities that get lots of foreign travelers or hotels that have the forest service who travel oversees stay with them. We had a forest service guest that stayed with us twice that was carrying them. We brought an expert in to eradicate the bed bugs from the room and have called our guest and he was going to have his belongings and suitcase inspected. Removing bed bugs is a simple process and very effective and is done by the hotel themselves or by a professional. Within the last five years, due to foreign travel this issue has become bigger for hotels in the U.S. Not a prideful moment for us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Eloy, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I recently lodged at the Guesthouse for a week while in Missoula for a softball tournament. General Manager, Annie Puetz, was so welcoming and comforting. Her and her staff made sure we were taken care of and went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Desirea G
Green Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This place is disgusting. I've never stayed anywhere so filthy and disgusting in my life. Dirty towel hanging by the sink. Beyond gross carpet. If it wasn't so late we would have gone somewhere
else.Comments about vulgar stench in hallways are true. The elevator smelled like urine. Guesthouse Inn and Suites:NEVER AGAIN.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oh my gosh. How weird. This is the first time we have ever heard of this. Not typical at all. I cannot say, "I will look into this", this I ride the elevator everyday and it is fine. We will expect housekeeping a little bit closer though.

Travellers are raving about these Missoula hotels

New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband, my daughter and I stayed at this hotel during the marathon weekend. I called at least 15 hotels and this was the first one that had avail, so I was thankful about that. But what really made me happy was talking to Alisa on the phone; she was so helpful and understanding. We stayed in a 2 QB room, was clean. We all left around 4 in the morning for the marathon, was so grateful that the lobby/breakfast was open that early for us runners! I finished my marathon around 10:30 and really wanted to take a shower! We aren't familiar with Missoula at all and got kinda lost, I called the hotel again (Alisa answered :o) ) and asked if I could please take a shower, that we were on our way. She said no problem, just to let her know when I would be out of the room. We had to be out of the room at 11 and she gave me extra time to get a shower in. I was so appreciative! I let her know that I was out of the room around 11:30 and she said that she was happy to help me, that she understood that a shower is needed after a long run. She was just super friendly! We enjoyed our stay and it's helpful people like Alisa that will keep us/people coming back...keep up the good work! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We love Alisha too. We is a wonderful asset to our hotel. I'm glad we could accommodate you during the early hours. We value the Missoula Marathon event each year and we hope you continue to come back.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I really can not recommend this hotel. I paid extra for a "business class" room with a recliner, etc., and that was definitely not what I got. I know, I should have gone straight to the front desk to complain, but I had already been to the desk three times, just to get a key card that would open the door! But I was only there for one night, and I was tired.

When I opened the door, I was greeted with an overdose of "air freshener." I have some asthma and allergy problems, so I immediately opened the window to let the room air out.

The privacy latch (or whatever it is called) on the door was broken, and needs to be replaced. The faucet on the sink leaked; I had to use one of the two washcloths to sop up the water. And the toilet dribbled all through the night. Maintenance was clearly lacking.

There was no one at the desk when I went to check out. I just left my key, and departed.

I visit Missoula several times a year. But I won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I am sure you were frustrated when your key didn't open the room door and had to come back down to the desk. it is so aggravating. Feel free to phone us from your room next time on the maintenance issues so we can correct them for you or for the next guest following you. Sounds like simply mistakes that we can fix.
Shelton, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Our family stayed at the Guesthouse inn and Suites in missoula, mt on July 1st, 2014. First, our room we were told was apparently not supposed to be rented at all (which we found out at 4am when my husband went to take a shower and there is only a pipe sticking out of the wall).

At breakfast the next morning, my mother was sitting at the table with our kids and a lady came over (ANNIE - THE MANAGER WE FOUND OUT!) and kept insisting how could my two boys be brothers because one of them had brown skin (half Guatemalan) and wouldn't drop it. My 11 year old is sitting htere getting upset. The lady kept saying "are you sure they are brothers? He had brown skin. I dont think they are, how could they be, etc).

I contacted Guesthouse Inn and Suites and have heard NOTHING BACK! I am guessing they support this! Attention adoptive families and biracial families, DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vy G
Oh my, I am confident that you misunderstood my manager. She is from Belgium and understands foreign people. She was simply trying to make conversation and probably took it too far. We are human and can sometimes put our foot in our mouths. Her "right hand man" has 5 adoptive girls from India, therefore, there is no racism going on. So sorry for the misunderstanding.
Billings
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Our room had a giant air conditioner outside, which prevented sleep. The bathroom smelled bad, as did the elevator, and the bed was not comfortable. We were awakened by the fire alarm at 6:30, and our 5 rooms that were supposed to be together were not even all on the same floor. The breakfast was good, but that is all I have to say that is complimentary. Only 2 bath towels in the room, and the screen was torn on our daughter's window. I have stayed here before, but will not stay again.

Room Tip: Do not book room 327--it has a giant air conditioner outside the room that is VERY loud. Even with...