“excellent meal, fab wine list, great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caffe Dolce

Caffe Dolce
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Dolce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 290 Restaurants in Missoula
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beckwith
Description: HOURS OF OPERATION Monday-Thursday: 7 am to 9 pm Friday: 7 am to 10 pm Saturday: 8 am to 9 pm Sunday: 9 am to 2 pm Coffee Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Sunday Brunch Patio Seating in the warm months!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“excellent meal, fab wine list, great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were directed to this place by friends in Helena and were totally amazed to find this quality in a town the size of Missoula, quite frankly. Went back the next morning for breakfast, quite surprised that it would be open that early. There is a great patio where we would have sat but the weather was threatening. With all the doors to the patio open though, the noise level, which we had been warned of, was not a problem. We will return when next in Missoula.

MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Reviewer: Thank you for visiting Dolce, and for taking the time to comment. Our evening menu changes every ninety days, so perhaps you'll be able to try us in a different season someday. If there's anything we can ever do for you when you visit, or if you'd like to reserve a table in advance, please feel free to do so.

Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Great atmosphere, wonderful food. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I loved this place. It's in a residential neighborhood and simply beautiful. My grilled steak salad was phenomenal and the chocolate mousse delectable. Alas my husband didn't think it was as awesome as I did, so I can't give it five stars. But I thought it was great.

MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Reviewer:
Thank you for taking the time to review Dolce after your July visit. I'm happy that your experience was as you described. We wish that we had earned the same response from your husband though! If anything could have been better for him that you can comment on, I'd love to know.

Please visit us again when you're in town. Our evening service is pretty special too.

Best Regards,

Missoula, Montana
“kids everywhere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I don't want to sound like I'm not fond of kids, I am. Mine, mostly. But this place had six tables with babies or small children. For the price, it wasn't the atmosphere I was looking for. The waitress was less then a stellar value as well. I had a waiter here the 3 prior times I visited, but he apparently has moved. At least he delivered bread with the salads.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank bigwheel2us
MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Reviewer: Thank you for visiting Dolce; I'm so sorry that chaos dominated your dining experience. While Dolce welcomes families, I believe your experience is atypical. Likewise, I believe that a shortcoming in service is an exception to our standards. If you are interested in trying us again, entrees for two will be provided compliments of me. Please email me through Caffe Dolce's website if you'd like to accept. We are utterly sincere in our mission to provide food and service unparalleled in our region.

Missoula, Montana
“Is this Tuscany or Missoula Montana?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Cafe Dolce represents one persons dream of bringing a world class dining experience to Missoula. Peter Lambros is a person who will settle for nothing less than perfection in the food, ambience, and interaction among staff and customers.
When you walk into Cafe Dolce you will note the high painted ceiling, the Venetian plastered walls, the tiled floor, and the wonderful openness that makes one feel comfortable from the minute you step foot through the front door. The wine and beer list are chosen from places I never knew existed and have they found some gems to serve up. My favorite beer is Abyss which is without a doubt, the finest stout I have ever tasted. The food is very consistent and the only difficulty people will have is what to choose. The lamb burger is so very sumptuous, that as I ate it I was hoping it would last forever. It was prepared perfectly and the burger itself was almost too much to finish, but I did manage to do so and leave room for the fabulous Gilato (like ice cream only so much smoother and tastier). I like to combine the coconut and dark chocolate together as it makes my meal seem complete. The selection of coffees is perfect and just the thing to finish my dining experience.
I have returned to Cafe Dolce many times to dine and I have yet to be disappointed with the food, the service, or the location which lies in a small neighborhood just outside of downtown, and far enough away to make you feel like you really are in Tuscany!

4 Thank JerrymacG
Salmon, Idaho
“Pretty good, not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

My wife and I have been to Cafe Dolce on Brooks on numerous occasions. Rating the food all depends on what you order. In my opinion, the pastas are way too spicy- and we like spicy food- and over salted. The pizza crusts, as well as the buns for their delicious lamb burger, are burnt. We have asked our waitperson to re-cook the pizza on a couple of visits, and both times the second pizza was still slightly charred. We've had the roasted chicken which was tasty, tender, and too salty from the brine. We've had pork chops, which were tasty, tender, and too salty from the brine. The wine and beer selection is extensive, and the staff is knowledgeable. It is a very busy and popular restaurant in Missoula, so it could be that my tastes in pastas, bread, and brining are all out of whack.

MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Reviewer: Thank you visiting Dolce on multiple occasions. I'm sorry that the seasoning of your food has been wide of your preference. We do in fact pursue food with assertive flavors, including a generous use of sea salt and in certain dishes heat. We generally don't brine - the salt you taste is upon the finishing of a dish. Thus- you are always welcome to order your food and request less salt or heat, and perhaps it will be to your liking. If you do wish to try us again, I'll provide you two meals, my compliments. Respond through Dolce's website if you'd like to accept my offer. Your food should be perfect, and anything less is unacceptable to me. Thank you for your consideration.

Caffe Dolce