“Anxious to try” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caffe Dolce

Caffe Dolce
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Dolce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 287 Restaurants in Missoula
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beckwith
Description: HOURS OF OPERATION Monday-Thursday: 7 am to 9 pm Friday: 7 am to 10 pm Saturday: 8 am to 9 pm Sunday: 9 am to 2 pm Coffee Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Sunday Brunch Patio Seating in the warm months!
Missoula, MT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anxious to try”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I live out of town and don't make it to dinner very often, but a good friend moved close to Café Dolce and I was anxious to try a restaurant other than my usual haunts. 3 of us decided to take advantage of the first sun of the season and have dinner on the patio. We entered on the side and waited awhile and realized we should go to the front desk. We were informed by the less than hospitable hostess that they were short handed and the waitress working the patio could only handle the shady side where others were seated. We were seated inside, less than10 feet from the sunny table we would have liked. We ordered wine and dinner. Both were very good and our waitress was attentive. In the mean time several people were seated at tables in the sunny area we requested. The hostess gave us a "look" as she seated them. I ordered a meal to go. It was very good, but was an extremely small portion for a rather expensive pasta, no bread. I would like to go back, but the attitude and price left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HulafromMissoula
MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Reviewer: I was disheartened to read of your underwhelming service experience at Dolce. We exist to care for you like guests in our home. I truly believe that what you experienced is a great exception to our culture and our sincerity. If you're willing to give us another chance, it would be my pleasure to extend to you dinner for two, my compliments. Please email me if you will accept our gesture. peter@caffedolcemissoula.com

Chicago, Illinois
“Good charcuterie and salad excellent beef but ok pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Very good overall, nice waitstaff and patio. We ate outside and enjoyed the residential neighborhood. The bread and charcuterie was excellent. The house salad very fresh and lightly dressed. My steak was incredibly tender, and large enough to share - which I did. Good thing because my other half's pasta with morels was good but in no way exceptional.
Prices were fair, but the atmosphere is informal which suited us. We were weary and hungry from traveling and not up to "dressing for dinner" but wanted to avoid anywhere with ketchup bottles on the table.
Would definitely recommend and return.

Visited July 2014
MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Reviewer: thank you for taking the time to comment, and I'm glad your overall experience was good. It pains me to think your pasta wasn't sensational, as that is usually our ace. We make all pasta fresh daily, and if we execute properly, our pasta should blow you away. Clearly this was not the case for you. Should you ever return, your next pasta is on me. Please email me at peter@caffedolcemissoula.com.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“excellent meal, fab wine list, great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were directed to this place by friends in Helena and were totally amazed to find this quality in a town the size of Missoula, quite frankly. Went back the next morning for breakfast, quite surprised that it would be open that early. There is a great patio where we would have sat but the weather was threatening. With all the doors to the patio open though, the noise level, which we had been warned of, was not a problem. We will return when next in Missoula.

• Visited June 2014
MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Reviewer: Thank you for visiting Dolce, and for taking the time to comment. Our evening menu changes every ninety days, so perhaps you'll be able to try us in a different season someday. If there's anything we can ever do for you when you visit, or if you'd like to reserve a table in advance, please feel free to do so.

Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Great atmosphere, wonderful food. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I loved this place. It's in a residential neighborhood and simply beautiful. My grilled steak salad was phenomenal and the chocolate mousse delectable. Alas my husband didn't think it was as awesome as I did, so I can't give it five stars. But I thought it was great.

MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Reviewer:
Thank you for taking the time to review Dolce after your July visit. I'm happy that your experience was as you described. We wish that we had earned the same response from your husband though! If anything could have been better for him that you can comment on, I'd love to know.

Please visit us again when you're in town. Our evening service is pretty special too.

Best Regards,

Missoula, Montana
“kids everywhere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I don't want to sound like I'm not fond of kids, I am. Mine, mostly. But this place had six tables with babies or small children. For the price, it wasn't the atmosphere I was looking for. The waitress was less then a stellar value as well. I had a waiter here the 3 prior times I visited, but he apparently has moved. At least he delivered bread with the salads.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank bigwheel2us
MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Reviewer: Thank you for visiting Dolce; I'm so sorry that chaos dominated your dining experience. While Dolce welcomes families, I believe your experience is atypical. Likewise, I believe that a shortcoming in service is an exception to our standards. If you are interested in trying us again, entrees for two will be provided compliments of me. Please email me through Caffe Dolce's website if you'd like to accept. We are utterly sincere in our mission to provide food and service unparalleled in our region.