“A Place for Food and Friends”
Review of Caffe Dolce

Caffe Dolce
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Dolce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 293 Restaurants in Missoula
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beckwith
Description: HOURS OF OPERATION Monday-Thursday: 7 am to 9 pm Friday: 7 am to 10 pm Saturday: 8 am to 9 pm Sunday: 9 am to 2 pm Coffee Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Sunday Brunch Patio Seating in the warm months!
Brunswick, Georgia
“A Place for Food and Friends”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

During our 3 days in Missoula we went to Caffe Dolce twice....it's that good! Their cappuccinos are incredible, the best I've had outside Europe. They make an array of baked goods and they serve meals as well. Most of the time you order then take your seat but on Sunday it's table service. We enjoyed their yogurt with fresh fruit and granola. There are selections for vegetarians and non-vegetarians. If you are a coffee drinker you HAVE to have a cup or an espresso drink. Be sure to take your time. This is a place to linger over coffee and visit with friends.

• Visited August 2014
Dear Vickie:

Thank you for taking the time to review Caffe Dolce after your recent visit.
When we opened our first location sixteen years ago, coffee was our sole focus. It has remained at the heart of our business ever since, and I'm glad you enjoyed. When your travels bring you this way again, please visit us for dinner. Our evening service focuses on seasonal entrees and a fantastic selection of wine and beer.

Best Regards,

Seattle, Washington
“Best Casual Place in Town”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This place is always busy and the food excellent. I appreciate their super fast wi-fi. I've ordered the lamb burger, various salads and the BLT several times each and have never been disappointed. I only wish you could order 1/2 sandwich for when your appetite is small.

• Visited July 2014
Dear Cynthia:
Thank you for taking the time to review Caffe Dolce after your July visit. We care deeply, and we are grateful when the experience pleases. We will keep your comment about smaller portion alternatives in mind. Please visit us when your travels bring you through Missoula again. And if you haven't tried us for dinner, our evening service is fantastic.

Kind Regards,

Missoula, Montana
“Beauty and Excellence”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'm a Missoula native, and I often meet friends for meals and conversation. Everything that I have eaten at Caffe Dolce has been prepared with freshness, generosity, and beauty. My favorites are the Heritage Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich; the Hungarian soup, the breakfast Scramble, the Morning Glory muffins, and...the rich and smooth coffee! What's difficult to describe is the sense of dedication and loving care that's present like a gentle "hum" behind every choice that was made in creating this gift to Missoula. The joy of creation and daily nurturing of the gift sits at the table with you, as a silent companion. There is no other place as gracious, and no other food as lovely and delicious as prepared at Caffe Dolce. Elizabeth T.

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Elizabeth T
Dear Elizabeth:
Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful comments about Dolce. We care deeply about what we offer, and when that comes across, we are grateful. Please let us know anything we can do to continue to please you as a local patron.

Missoula, MT
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anxious to try”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I live out of town and don't make it to dinner very often, but a good friend moved close to Café Dolce and I was anxious to try a restaurant other than my usual haunts. 3 of us decided to take advantage of the first sun of the season and have dinner on the patio. We entered on the side and waited awhile and realized we should go to the front desk. We were informed by the less than hospitable hostess that they were short handed and the waitress working the patio could only handle the shady side where others were seated. We were seated inside, less than10 feet from the sunny table we would have liked. We ordered wine and dinner. Both were very good and our waitress was attentive. In the mean time several people were seated at tables in the sunny area we requested. The hostess gave us a "look" as she seated them. I ordered a meal to go. It was very good, but was an extremely small portion for a rather expensive pasta, no bread. I would like to go back, but the attitude and price left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank HulafromMissoula
MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Reviewer: I was disheartened to read of your underwhelming service experience at Dolce. We exist to care for you like guests in our home. I truly believe that what you experienced is a great exception to our culture and our sincerity. If you're willing to give us another chance, it would be my pleasure to extend to you dinner for two, my compliments. Please email me if you will accept our gesture. peter@caffedolcemissoula.com

Chicago, Illinois
“Good charcuterie and salad excellent beef but ok pasta”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Very good overall, nice waitstaff and patio. We ate outside and enjoyed the residential neighborhood. The bread and charcuterie was excellent. The house salad very fresh and lightly dressed. My steak was incredibly tender, and large enough to share - which I did. Good thing because my other half's pasta with morels was good but in no way exceptional.
Prices were fair, but the atmosphere is informal which suited us. We were weary and hungry from traveling and not up to "dressing for dinner" but wanted to avoid anywhere with ketchup bottles on the table.
Would definitely recommend and return.

Visited July 2014
MissoulaBiker, Owner at Caffe Dolce, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Reviewer: thank you for taking the time to comment, and I'm glad your overall experience was good. It pains me to think your pasta wasn't sensational, as that is usually our ace. We make all pasta fresh daily, and if we execute properly, our pasta should blow you away. Clearly this was not the case for you. Should you ever return, your next pasta is on me. Please email me at peter@caffedolcemissoula.com.