“Nice place, but slow service”

Red Bird Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #7 of 304 Restaurants in Missoula
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Front
Transit: Public Transportation is available to the downtown area in which we are located.
Description: Red Bird Restaurant severs eclectic local cuisine with flair. Red Bird Restaurant is opened for intimate evening dining in dramatic architectural surroundings with an art nouveau feel. The Restaurant strives for sustainability and serves local meats, handmade pastas, sustainable fresh seafood & delectable desserts. Our menus change frequently to reflect the wide variety of seasonal foods available regionally. The Wine Bar has over 25 wines by the glass and an extensive representation of Northwest Wines. The Wine bar offers enticing appetizers, fresh salads, artisan sandwiches and petite entrees. Monday night is live music night in the Wine Bar. Come join us at Red Bird and taste what grows under the Big Sky.
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was on our B&B's recommended list for fine dining. The actual building it's in is historic and beautiful. The decor & atmosphere of the restaurant is great. The food selection is limited and they had several substitutions- I had wanted to order the halibut, but they were substituting it with salmon, which I didn't want, so I ended up ordering 2 appetizers instead. The restaurant is divided into a dining area & a wine bar/bistro with the same menu. Our waiter ignored us for long periods of time, presumably he had more customers on the bar side. He was also pretty snotty when I asked for a gin & tonic - telling me this is a wine bar and that only have wine & beer. He also never asked us if we wanted drink refills and when I asked for an herbal tea, he brought me a teapot with fresh mint leaves only in the infuser, which was odd.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Red Bird is one of my favorite places. They have been serving Missoula for many years. one Friday night we checked in for dinner w/o a reservation. they were very busy since it was "first Friday". they asked us to wait and they would call us. after 30 minutes we decided to go somewhere else. Laura the owner called my cell phone to apologize and gave us a very nice gift certificate.
I'll always go back for more!
love the decor with the amazing blue chandelier.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Jeff Smith CEO the Institute of Responsible Technology encourages all of us to ask restaurants questions about sources, ingredients and more as many do not advertise; such being the case with the Red Bird. I did and I learned that all their food is locally sourced, made in house and non-GMO. In a world where we take for granted some of the hip restaurants surely must use local, organic, non GMO, use high quality oils and have filtered water, I am learning far too many are concerned only about the 'bottom line' and fearful in making any changes to steer away from those Sysco trucks. Red Bird is doing a superior job on all fronts and Yes! their food is delicious.

3  Thank miljen2015
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We went in for a meal to celebrate my birthday - it was our second time eating here, our last time was several years ago. Our server, Kate was exceptional. She was attentive without being overbearing and was there when we needed anything. I opted for two appetizers for my meal; a delicious scallop dish with gnocchi and a champagne fondue. The hubby had chicken marsala. My scallops were perfectly cooked and the gnocchi were incredibly light. His chicken we perfect - very moist and the sauce was delicious.

Our desserts were also a delight; he had strawberry ice cream and I had the molten chocolate cake. Yes, it's an oldie but it was prepared with coconut sorbet and it was a lovely combination.

We will go back for a special occasion as our dining out budget is tight but this is one of our choices for an excellent meal in Missoula.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This was our third visit to the Redbird and another grand slam !!!
We had visiting friends from out of town the six of us dined Sunday evening, 12 thumbs up !!!