All reviews front desk free weights mini fridge and microwave breakfast room free breakfast no exception a great place to stay yogurt early check sitting area room was large comfortable bed nice hotel would stay here again other hotels great breakfast biscuits and gravy
Reviewed 19 June 2014

When we checked into the Holiday Inn Express on Reserve Avenue in Missoula, Montana on March 29, we found that the room was very dusty and dirty, there were not enough towels or cups, and there was no TV remote. We contacted the desk and waited for over an hour while these problems were remedied and watched while the housekeeper dusted the coffee pot with the same feather duster she had used on the dresser and nightstand. The only compensation we were offered for our inconvenience required us to join a Holiday Inn club – something we were not interested in doing, especially after our experience. To add insult to injury one month later we discovered an additional charge on our credit card bill for another night’s stay at this hotel for a time we were not even in the state. After contacting guest relations with my concerns I was assured the matter would be addressed promptly. It has been over a month and I still have not heard from them. I can only conclude that Holiday Inn doesn’t care about our inconvenience or their shabby billing practices.

Room Tip: Find a good clean room in another hotel and check your credit card bill for unauthorized charges.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank HowardKBeale
Toni L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Missoula NW, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

We are truly sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Feedback from our guests, both good and bad, gives us an opportunity to improve our service going forward and we have addressed the problems you mentioned to our housekeeping department. And we certainly do not want our guests to feel like we do not care; any guest should contact the hotel’s general manager should they encounter any issues not resolved by guest services. Again, we are sorry for the lack of service you experienced, it is not the standard for our hotel, and there is no excuse for it.
Mary Baskerville
406-830-3100

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend. My kids (ages 8 & 11)loved the Kids' Suite, which had a separate room with bunk beds and an Xbox. My son was able to check out games from the front desk. I liked that I could shut their door after they went to sleep so I could watch TV in my room without disturbing them. I also appreciated that their room had its own heating/cooling unit with thermostat.

The breakfast in the mornings was good. Even though the hotel was busy, they mostly kept up with demand even though we had to wait for more food a few times. We tried the pancakes, cinnamon rolls, hard-boiled eggs, biscuits and gravy, omelets, meats (sausage patties, ham, or bacon - one was always available), and muffins. They also had cereals, yogurt, and breads.

We used the pool, which was perfect at 83 degrees, and hot tub. I liked that they provided a lot of pool toys. The pool was never very crowded, even on this busy weekend. My son also used the Game Room across from the pool and he was able to check out the video games for that from the front desk as well.

We received maid service after our first night, but not after our second night. That was fine, because we still had enough towels and toiletries.

Every staff member was friendly and knowledgeable.

You can get to the Dairy Queen without having to walk more than 100 feet from the hotel!

Room Tip: My Kids suite was right across from the elevator, so from the parent room you can hear all the pings and people coming/going (they will be chatting). You could not hear any noise from the room with the bunk beds.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Toni L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Missoula NW, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Outstanding comments, thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. The Kid’s Suites are very popular with families and as you mentioned the two rooms give everyone their own space. And the indoor pool and game room are a great ways to entertain the kids. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations and that you enjoyed our breakfast so much! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Had a group booking for memorial weekend. We arrived late at night on a bus. The front desk staff had everyone checked in within minutes. Rooms were spotless and extremely comfortable. Breakfast was great. Highly recommended

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank gschlenk
Toni L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Missoula NW, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that you have given us the best compliment, your recommendation! Thank you, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed in a kid suite with our three girls. They loved the bunk beds and of course the Xbox. The pool was adequate and the game room was handy for getting rid of the older two for a while. Overall very happy with our stay.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Toni L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Missoula NW, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

The Kid’s Suites are always a hit with traveling families giving everyone plenty of room to have fun! And we’re glad to hear you enjoyed the pool and game room. Come see us again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I had made a reservation for this property for Friday night May 2. Obviously the hotel (for good reason) was busy, but I do not know why the front desk clerk was working alone at 530pm when they had a number of people checking in. When I first came into the lobby, the Front Desk agent was on the phone, I waited... no problem, When she got off the phone, I started walking towards her when the phone rang again. I thought she would have put the caller on hold as I was next in line. Instead she discussed room rates with the caller and gave the caller a number of options while I patiently waited. I did overhear her quote a lower rate for the same room I had, Now I am only hearing one side of the conversation, but still, you don't want to hear that someone has a lower rate than you. By the time she had gotten off the phone, there were other people in the lobby waiting to check in as well so I did not want to discuss what I had overheard.
Once in the room, everything was terrific. The room was very clean and very well decorated. The bathroom was well appointed with amenities and was also very clean. The best part of the room was the bed, very comfortable! Room Temperature was on the warm side, but the quiet A/C unit did it's job and all was good.
The next morning, I made coffee. With having such a wonderful room, I was very surprised at the quality of the coffee cups (flimsy paper cups) and the quality of coffee was not much better. I also found the same quality of coffee in the breakfast room and was quite disappointed not to find any fruit and a very small selection of yogurt. Aside from that, the room was fantastic and I would stay again.

Room Tip: I guess we lucked out. I didn't ask for anything special, just ended up with a clean and quiet room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PaulW451

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. It sounds like your check-in experience was less than satisfactory and we apologize for that. We love hearing from guests what we are doing right, but more importantly, what we can be doing better. We will certainly use this as a training opportunity to improve our service for all our guests. And you will be happy to know that we have recently expanded our breakfast selections including more yogurt options! We truly hope to see you again.