“Exceptional value and taste”
Review of Catalyst Cafe

Catalyst Cafe
Ranked #4 of 300 Restaurants in Missoula
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are a full service restaurant. Opened in 1991 as Montana's first coffee cart, The Catalyst Cafe has grown to become a favorite destination in Missoula for full-plate breakfasts and lunches. Open seven days a week and serving breakfast all day. The Catalyst caters to a very loyal following of University of Montana students, downtown Missoula business people, and visitors. The Catalyst Cafe brews the best coffee in Missoula and serves up a delicious variety of unique, fresh, local meals- including a great selection for vegetarians and vegans. The Catalyst Cafe is 100% Missoula - and prides itself on being a welcoming, comfortable restaurant for all walks of life.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Skip the chain restaurants and eat local! This restaurant is located in the heart of Missoula. The menu was great, food was great, service was great! I ordered soup and sandwich--very tasty! After our lunch, my husband and I wandered the shops in downtown Missoula. Its a college town and has the accompanying interesting variety of stores to appeal to students from different cultures. Well worth the stop to get out and stretch our legs for an hour or two!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We've eaten many breakfasts in Missoula over the years, but just discovered the Catalyst -- and what a find! We had good food and great service when we stopped in for a Sunday breakfast. My husband thought the huevos rancheros were some of the best he's ever eaten, and I'm wishing I could duplicate the veggie scramble at home.

The restaurant was busy, but we never felt rushed and it wasn't noisy. Our server was extremely professional, making a good dining experience even better.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Can't go wrong w/ this restaurant! The service was off the charts! The food was just as good as the service! Best waffles ever!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stopped by Missoula on our way to Yellowstone and luckily we found this place in downtown. The service was great, unexpected I don't know why for such a hole in the wall. The menu was comprehensive with many healthy options and, coming from Seattle, at very good price. At the very beginning we didn't know what to expect after we ordered our food, but oh my, when the server showed up with our plates that was a party! And it was delicious!!
Definitely, one of our best experiences in our Memorial road trip and I deeply recommend this place; don't judge a book by its cover and this is a good example.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had the granola and yogurt for breakfast with a cup of coffee. The granola was well made and had an assortment of dried fruits and grains. No comparison to any other I have had!