“Good breakfast in Missoula”
Review of Catalyst Cafe

Catalyst Cafe
Ranked #5 of 297 Restaurants in Missoula
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are a full service restaurant. Opened in 1991 as Montana's first coffee cart, The Catalyst Cafe has grown to become a favorite destination in Missoula for full-plate breakfasts and lunches. Open seven days a week and serving breakfast all day. The Catalyst caters to a very loyal following of University of Montana students, downtown Missoula business people, and visitors. The Catalyst Cafe brews the best coffee in Missoula and serves up a delicious variety of unique, fresh, local meals- including a great selection for vegetarians and vegans. The Catalyst Cafe is 100% Missoula - and prides itself on being a welcoming, comfortable restaurant for all walks of life.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had breakfast here due to it's popularity among Missoulians. We took a table outside and had very good service. The coffee is excellent! We ordered the huckleberry french toast to share which was served more like a bread pudding. It was just sweet enough and the perfect amount for sharing. We had the potato hash which was tiny cubed potatoes along with some vegetables. This was ordered with 2 poached eggs, unfortunately, they were overcooked. We also ordered vegetarian scramble. This dish had vegetables with scrambled eggs. It was pretty good. It was just the right amount of food. I'm not sure if I would go back for breakfast, but I would like to go back for lunch. The lunch menu looked very interesting.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Skip the chain restaurants and eat local! This restaurant is located in the heart of Missoula. The menu was great, food was great, service was great! I ordered soup and sandwich--very tasty! After our lunch, my husband and I wandered the shops in downtown Missoula. Its a college town and has the accompanying interesting variety of stores to appeal to students from different cultures. Well worth the stop to get out and stretch our legs for an hour or two!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We've eaten many breakfasts in Missoula over the years, but just discovered the Catalyst -- and what a find! We had good food and great service when we stopped in for a Sunday breakfast. My husband thought the huevos rancheros were some of the best he's ever eaten, and I'm wishing I could duplicate the veggie scramble at home.

The restaurant was busy, but we never felt rushed and it wasn't noisy. Our server was extremely professional, making a good dining experience even better.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Can't go wrong w/ this restaurant! The service was off the charts! The food was just as good as the service! Best waffles ever!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stopped by Missoula on our way to Yellowstone and luckily we found this place in downtown. The service was great, unexpected I don't know why for such a hole in the wall. The menu was comprehensive with many healthy options and, coming from Seattle, at very good price. At the very beginning we didn't know what to expect after we ordered our food, but oh my, when the server showed up with our plates that was a party! And it was delicious!!
Definitely, one of our best experiences in our Memorial road trip and I deeply recommend this place; don't judge a book by its cover and this is a good example.