“fun place to stay”

Ranked #37 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Temecula, California
“fun place to stay”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

It was very late when we got in but the staff was very accommodating and even got us more towels. They were friendly and so helpful about places to eat and such. I would stay here again as long as the new staff is just as good as the ones that are leaving. I would say very good for college visits as well

Room Tip: for the cost it was very good and not too far from town
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I'll start by saying, I am not picky and will stay almost anywhere as long as it is safe and relatively clean.

I booked this hotel room needing a cheap room for a festival I was vending in town the next day. When I arrived the front desk woman was rude and barely spoke a word just setting papers on the counter and snapped at me a few times. She gave me key cards so I went to the room. They didn't work. So I went back and got another set, still nothing. So I went back and they gave me another set. I tried those and still nothing. The front desk woman grabbed the master keys and went over to the room. After trying keys for about five minutes she opened the door to an occupied room.

Angrily she walked away half apologizing and mumbling grumpily under her breath. I followed her to the front office and asked for a refund. After a few minutes of nervous shuffling behind the counter she said she could "upgrade" my room to a two bed room at no extra cost. I told her "As long as it's clean, unoccupied and the keys worked" I would take it. So she took key cards and tried the room, came back and it was open.

We took the room because there was no other rooms in town under $100. The room was slightly clean, had towels, soap and clean-ish linens on the beds (one had stains). The TV worked but we didn't really watch it. The A/C unit didn't work and there was shards of broken glass on the top of it discovered by my toddler. The beside light sparked and hissed when it was turned on to we unplugged it. The bolt lock on the door didn't work so our toddler was able to open the door and escape so we had to move the table in front of the door.

When I checked out of the hotel the woman was (surprise, surprise) rude. Complementary breakfast was a joke. The previous day upon check-in the same counter was filthy with coffee drips and crumbs which had not been cleaned up and remained under the spread of food for the morning. I didn't touch it so I can't report on the quality of the coffee/juice/pastries.

Altogether a nightmare of a hotel stay. pay an extra $15 and stay anywhere else in Missoula. Really. This place is a hole.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Book somewhere else. This place is horrible. No room is better because the h...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank April H

Travellers are raving about these Missoula hotels

Assisi, Italy
Reviewed 20 June 2014

If you need just a bed it will be fine. Clean, large room but very very near to the railroad. Easy to find and near to downtown.
We try a lot of other place but this was our choice. Probably the best rates in town.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brufy1
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed at the Budget Inn while visiting my family during the Thanksgiving holiday and was very pleased with our room- clean, quiet, well stocked with toiletries, towels, etc. We were greeted by a friendly smile at check-in and a genuine thank you at check-out. Management very helpful in restaurant recommendations. I look forward to my next visit to Missoula and stay at the Budget.

Anne from Walla Walla

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We checked in late after a long day of travel. Even though it was after hours, we were treated great by the night clerk. The room was spacious and very tidy. I highly recommend the Budget Inn as a way-point for weary travelers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My wife and I use to stay at the Budget Inn when it was the Ponderosa. We really enjoyed staying there. Unfortunately, the overall quality went down after new ownership. The good news is there is new management and our recent stay was top notch. The front desk was very helpful and the room was spotless. Those of you who have stayed away like us may want to give the Budget Inn another chance.

Room Tip: Ask about AAA, AARP, Military and Griz Alumni discounts.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 6 September 2013

1: Room STANK!!! Informed staff member "Rick" about the smoke smell, while he was immediatly outside of my door. No refridgerator, no phone book. About 9:50 PM Mtn Time, I hadnt turned my watch back. Being the AC didnt work, I had to keep window open to prevent from puking due to the smoke stench. Loud talk and laughing immediately outside my room open window. Asked to keep it down and some guy who claimed he was the owner, "Rick", and some gal where once again outside the window smoking. The guy who claimed he was the "owner" threatened to throw me out. I asked for my money back due to I paid for 3 nights and was told "tough sh_t" by the "owner". Needless to say I got a bit irate. Said owner came into my room and cussed and yelled and said I had about 2 seconds before he "Threw me out"

It is a slum, a dump reminisent of a flop house. Rooms are filthy. Service is AWFUl. Staff is RUDE. Save your money and find a dumpster to stay in. It will be cleaner and more pleasant company.

Room Tip: You can go ANYWHERE else and get a better room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business