“Very good place to stay”

La Quinta Inn Missoula
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here for an extended time in June and were very pleased with our room and the staff. Special shout-out (in no particular order) to Chris, Lexi, Alexis, Jordan, and Gina.

Pros: Clean. Mini-suite with king-sized bed on the creek side was fantastic. Bed extremely comfortable. Easy on/off from the interstate but hardly ever heard traffic noise. Were able to have our small dog in our room. Close to many restaurants. Overall good breakfast. Fresh chocolate chip cookies most evenings.

Cons: Some other guests had noisy dogs and nothing was done about it, and the dog "bathroom" outdoor area was often dirty. (This is more a problem with the guests and not the hotel.) The exercise area was very hot and humid (next to the pool) and too uncomfortable for me to use. Some breakfast items routinely ran out and no one seemed concerned about restocking them.

Overall we were very pleased with our stay and would choose this LaQuinta again.

Room Tip: Ask for creek side if possible.
2  Thank MT_Travel_Mom

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed here for one night during a roadtrip. Nice, comfortable place. Our King/sofa sleeper room was just as the website photos show. The staff were kind and accommodating. Rooms were quiet. The place looks very nice from the outside. The inside is beginning to show a little wear and tear and still quite comfortable and clean. We left early so didn't experience the breakfast or pool. There's a Starbucks on the other side of the interstate and bunch of restaurants also on this exit but most would be driving, not walking distance.

Overall, nice although quick family stay. Comfortable and convenient.

Room Tip: Creek view rooms look nice - pretty sure they try to do the parking lot side first so be sure to req...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank letsdothisfamofsix
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights at the Missoula LaQuinta in June of 2014. Overall the hotel is ok. My room was clean and just like it looks in the pictures. Check in was quick and I asked for a room facing the creek (they were of course going to stick me facing the parking lot) and she was able to put me in a room facing the creek which is much nicer in my opinion. The Pool: The pool and the entire pool area is TINY. Why would you build a hotel and not give some space to this area!? It becomes crowded immediately. The pool is OVER chlorinated, dirty and a bit murky. The hot tub was nice. I stayed for two nights and on the second day housecleaning was totally lacking. Had to let the front desk know they forgot my coffee, conditioner, lotions, etc. etc. they DID NOT vacuum or mop the bathroom floor. WHAT DO THEY DO???? GEEZ. I honestly only stayed here because I booked last minute and it was the weekend and there were not many options in the area that weren't total junk or super expensive. If you are looking to save a little bit of money and don't use the pool you'll do ok at this LaQuinta. But it's not my first choice for staying in the Missoula area. Breakfast: They were constantly out of eggs and sausages. I never did see any eggs come out so all I could eat was one sausage. When I asked the young man working if there were anymore eggs he was a bit annoyed that I asked him and said he was cooking more (in a very annoyed manner). WELL excuse me!! Staff seem a little unconcerned and incompetent at times. For breakfast there are yogurts, cereal, bananas, oranges, waffles, toast, muffins, etc. Decent selection but they run out quickly and staff is very slow to bring extra out. Annoying.

3  Thank kimod74
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very nice hotel. Hotel is pet friendly, but the rooms are extremely quiet, so unless you see an animal, you wouldn't know they are welcome. Nice pool area. Breakfast was great each day. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia A
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We always try to stay at La Quinta when it is available because the hotel is always consistently nice. Great and helpful staff with a very well attended breakfast. Friendly and helpful desk staff. Very comfortable beds which provide super restful sleep. La Quinta hotels seem to always have a wonderful pet policy, too.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

The hotel manager made a point of learning guests names and being very accommodating. Hotel was maintained very well. All of the staff was friendly. The breakfast was prompt and the breakfast manager went out of her way to keep food refreshed during one of their busiest times.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2014

When we planned our trip to Missoula to bicycle and see the city for the first time, we had no idea a huge dog show was in town the exact days we were there. We found out quickly, though, when we checked into this hotel and found ourselves surrounded by people with multiple dogs, many of them large. We are traveling with our small, very quiet dog, and we are dog lovers, but this was just far too many dogs in too small a space. I felt like I was staying in a dog kennel instead of a nice hotel!

There was one particular German Shepherd a few rooms down from us who lunged on his leash, snarled and barked at me when I dared to enter the hall from my room, to the point where I was actually frightened and had to change course simply to avoid walking by this very aggressive dog. He continued barking for an hour or so once his owners got him back to their room -- I could actually hear him even several rooms down. In my opinion, the staff was negligent in not intervening, as this dog should NOT have been staying in a hotel. I thought only "well mannered" pets were supposed be allowed.

Even ignoring this one "problem pooch", the east side of the first floor was very noisy: in addition to barking dogs, we heard loud TVs, conversations in adjoining rooms, and people walking heavily above our heads. The construction of this hotel just doesn't seem up to par as noise really transmitted through the walls, halls, and floors more than most, and we stay in a lot of hotels, so I have a lot of basis for comparison -- the noise level here was worse than almost any other hotel we've ever stayed at. I was wearing earplugs and was still awakened before 6 am both mornings we were there and could never get back to sleep due to the noise. Since we were near the end of the hall near the door to the stairs and outside, we heard slamming doors from early-leaving (or dog-walking) guests from 5:30 am on.

Aside from the noise, this is a very nice hotel, with a friendly staff, nice rooms, good amenities, and a good breakfast. We did have a problem with our TV, which had close captioning set on and no way to turn it off (setup button on remote was disabled), but wi-fi was strong and fast, and the location was good.

We would only stay here again if we were sure the hotel would be a lot less full -- and if we could get a room on an upper floor, since the first floor has got to be the noisiest with the breakfast area, lobby, and doors to outside. I did mention the dog noise problem to the very nice front staffer when we checked out, and she apologized, but I doubt they will make any changes. I am not sure what they could do other than put all dog owners in one wing of the hotel, which wouldn't have helped us since we were also traveling with a dog -- but a quiet one.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple