“Better than expected”
Review of Motel 6 Missoula

Motel 6 Missoula
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed 16 August 2014

For a motel 6 this was the best one I have seen. Clean, fresh, spacious rooms and well priced. With a different name it would be far more expensive. Staff were helpful and friendly. Great stay, regards Tony

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be ok
1  Thank Tony R
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Missoula

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I've stayed at my share of Motel 6s...ranging from the truly horrible to the adequate.
This one is the best I've stayed at...and I don't mean to damn by faint praise.

This is a modern hotel in a great location near I-90 and shopping & restaurants.
With a different name and more amenities, this could pass for a upscale hotel, it's that nice.
The modern furnishings give it a Ikea-vibe.

My room faced west and out my window was...nothing...except a bare hill. Didn't even need to close the drapes.

My only complaint about it was I couldn't get hot water into the sink, the shower/tub was fine though.

Staff was very pleasant and great with directions.

Lots of parking with room for trucks pulling trailers (something not all hotels have and you quickly learn how important it is if you're towing something). There were no semis in the lot the night I stayed, so no diesel truck noise.

Value-wise, it was only so-so. I stayed the previous night at the Best Western in Sheridan, WY and payed less for a larger, nicer (but older) room and a great full breakfast.
Still, if you have to spend the night in Missoula, give this place a try.

Room Tip: Try to get on the west side, away from parking lot. No one to see in and a great sunset.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Really a nice property with clean, modern rooms. Wi-Fi was really excellent which is often not the case in a budget motel.
Minuses: one, the woman at the front desk was alone around 7:00 PM during the height of the tourist season (early August) and thus the line to check-in was 4-5 deep. She was quite efficient but the motel should have had a second person at the other desk station working to help speed up the check-in process for everyone......and two, there is no clock in the room. I don't like having to look at my cell phone to see the time. Oh, and still no shampoo in the bathroom but it will be provided at the font desk if you ask.

2  Thank Mike B
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in an accessible room, which was very clean and roomy. I didn't find it to be too noisy, and I was right by the elevator and ice machine. The bed was a typical inexpensive motel bed, but was not too bad. I travel with my service dog, who has had flea treatments. There were a lot of dogs in the motel, which I love, but...I ended up with flea bites all around my ankles. The rooms do not have carpet, which is good, but the hallways do. Of course I was there a peak flea season, and with so many dogs around in the hallways it is probably to be expected. I would recommend this motel, but be sure your dog has had a flea treatment if you are travelling with your four legged friend, and should I have the occasion stay there again during the summer months I might spray a little bug spray around my ankles.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

A very nice value. The room was clean and the bedspread freshly washed. The hotel staff was friendly and offered good advice as far as dinner recommendations. I will stay here again when I'm in the Missoula area on business.

Room Tip: I had a top corner room... it was great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Let's be real - sometimes Motel 6's are not known to be the best... But - this motel is really great! Our room was updated into the "modern" look, which I just love. The walls have funky shades of paint and fun curtains, and the floors are hardwood (which is a huge plus in a motel, in my opinion - you know it's clean!). The bathroom is lovely as well - new corner shower design and cool towel holders.

The beds are comfy and the pillows were just right. The cons are less plug in outlets than we would like, and the air conditioning took a long while to cool the room.

Overall, very satisfied with our stay!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We ended up at this motel by accident- all the hotels in the area within our price range were booked, a seemingly common story for Missoula judging by other reviews. But after reading some stellar reviews, and setting low expectations, we made our reservation. This little place was better than I expected the more expensive hotels to be! The rooms were updated and modern. Don't expect any frills (there are no toiletries besides two small bars of soap and the bath towels are closer to the size of large hand towels), but do know your room will be clean and the staff will be excellent. We stayed with our dog and everyone was comfortable and content. Just two side notes: First, we did hear a loud, pressurized noise just once during our stay (assumedly a toilet flush), but it was only once. Second, the air conditioner works really well and the room cools down very, very quickly, so go easy on the thermostat. We left this hotel happy and refreshed, our complimentary 24 hour tea and coffee in hand, and would stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Second floor end rooms have nice view, very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family