“Its a great comfortable place to stay.”
Review of Thunderbird Motel

Thunderbird Motel
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Missoula
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Rooms are drive up so its convenient to unload luggage. Rooms are spacious. Staff is accommodating and helpful. Only thing is laundry not working properly, and no place for pets to potty. All in all I would choose this place again. Good choice. Comfortable beds and rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank lvlyleslie

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a basic motel. The rooms were large, beds comfortable, and very clean. I would recommend this as a stop when traveling through. All staff were pleasant. Only addition that I would like to see is some fresh fruit at the breakfast room otherwise an adequate continental breakfast.
Will be traveling again in about a month and will definitely make this our overnight stop.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JJ B
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We needed a place to stay after having a few beers downtown Missoula and the beds were nice, the shower was made for people shorter than 6' tall. The age of the property is obvious when you go to plug in your cell phone etc. The room was clean and had a microwave and fridge. The room we had was very large with lots of lights :) No frills, and an average place.

Room Tip: We stayed in the double bed room and it was very large.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank James S
Reviewed 30 August 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed here after a very long day of driving. It was late & we we exhausted. Didn't realize how icky the room was at first, but the carpet was filthy. I wouldn't take off my sandles. There was a couch in our room that was gross & covered with stains. All the furniture was stained. The floor sloped & the bathroom mirror was ready to fall off the wall.
Our room was next to the pool which smelled very strongly of chlorine. I took a swim because I figured the chlorine would kill any germs. I swam two laps & realized there was a pile of black dirt (I hope) on the bottom of the pool. Ick!
The bed had a plastic mattress cover on it that sounded old. We ended up sleeping on top of the covers with our clothes on because we were exhausted.
It as a very long night.
(My boyfriend wanted to go somewhere else, but it was so late & we were just so tired. In retrospect, I wish we had.)
Do not stay here. It was not worth the $80.00 we paid & it was disgusting.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank serenity53288
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We found this great property from a sign along the street. What a pleasant surprise. First, it is American owned and operated, the owners name is Thelma and was at the front desk when we checked in. She was very hospitable and friendly. She gave us a newly remodeled room, room 219 with a king bed. The room was quite spacious, mattress and bedding was first rate. We went to the pool and hot tub also, both of which were clean and well kept. I had an opportunity to use the laundry facilities also, and was pleasantly surprised to find it very clean and machines that operated correctly and was very inexpensive. It was a very pleasant stay and we would definitely stay there again if we travel thru that area again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Whipper226
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

I checked in to the Thunderbird after a 14 hour drive. The attendent gave me a king pillow top bed. I went to the room and got ready to sleep, when I noticed 2 room keys on the table ( mine was in my pocket ) I thought it was odd but in my sleepy stuper I rationalized it was a pool key. I went to sleep for the night. Bed was great. When I woke up refreshed the next day, I started to realize how unclean the room was. I found a weird amount of black hair in the tub, coffee stains ( like someone had poured out thier coffee) in the sink, garbage in the trash cans and a used shower cap on the back of the door! This room had not been cleaned from the last guest who stayed there YUCK! I was appauled...I have never been so dicusted! I packed my bag and headed to the office. I told them what happened and the lady looked at me and stated as if I were a child..."you should have complained last night other is nothing I can do for you now. I told her that I I wasn't necessarily looking for compensation just thought she should know...she again told me there wasn't one thing she could do because I didn't give my complaint in time. PLEASE ...I know credit cad machines can give credits...with out a daught the sickest worst experience in a hotel ever! Don't stay here!

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank wekar3
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Delightful Missoula motel goes above and beyond. The sense of feeling welcome and being comfortable means I'll come back time and time again. This is my first review ever. It's worth sharing, as the cost/benefit favors the customer in a big way. The Thunderbird is a motel of excellence. Lofty words; well deserved.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family