“Hardest bed we slept on the whole trip”

Brownies Plus Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Missoula
Brownies Plus Motel
Ranked #31 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Newton
“Hardest bed we slept on the whole trip”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We'd visited 4 breweries in Missoula and were just looking for an inexpensive motel to sleep. This place served the purpose, but I was glad we had as much to drink as we did since the mattress was like sleeping on a board. It was clean enough, but small and the TV remote wasn't working very well. The young man at the front desk was a man of few words. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Idaho
Reviewed 28 November 2012

OK, this is NOT a 4-star hotel. But I did not pay a 4-star price. At 54$/night, with no deposit or credit card to hold the room, though there is a deposit for using cash, it's worth it. I did use a credit card just because I usually do that. The woman at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. There is indeed unlimited coffee and tea in the main office, though the office is not open all night.

The room was clean and quite shopworn. I asked for non-smoking and detected no smoke odor. My friend in another room requested non-smoking and hers smelled like an ashtray. She didn't ask to be moved so I don't know if they would have, though clearly there were plenty of open rooms. Parking is easy and the motel is on a maindrag so easy to get around by car, walking, bus or bike.

For some reason my room was not cleaned while I was there. I hadn't requested "no service" but I usually do that so I didn't mind.

If you are looking for luxury then this isn't the place. If you want a place to crash with a fridge and micro, then this is fine and cheap.

Room Tip: Not for the pampered princess.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank MaggieTrudeau
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Readily available parking, speedy service, clean rooms, unlimited coffee, mini fridge and microwave, never had a problem getting any of my needs met. Neil was very friendly and helpful. Will definately be staying again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank redreviewer88
Missoula, Montana, United States
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We had to stay in hotel for 3 nights wheel are heat was off ate are trailer. We did not like it one bit the rooms were clean. But they did not give us servece the next day when we asked for it becasue one the kids got sick and we used to towl to clean up there mess and they did not give us any clean towls the next day like we asked we have to go get them after we got of work are selves.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Karoline S

Travellers are raving about these Missoula hotels

missoula
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Good motel and a good location, also affordable, clean, good service and a consciencious staff, they are helpful to resolve issues, also beds are comfortable. The motel is family operated, i would recommend this motel to anyone that asked if needed. hopefully this is a good reference and accepted as such. Thank you and good day!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank foxr
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
Reviewed 19 April 2011

We cane into Missoula on a monday evening, and used trip adviser to find Brownies Plus Motel. The reviews tagged Brownies as immensely Clean with friendly and effective service. When my father and i Stopped in the office for a room with two beds, he gave us a key and the room number and told us he wanted to make sure we were satisfied with the room before we paid for it, which i have never seen any hotel or motel do before. The room was perfect; A very clean bathroom, the beds were neat and tidy, and a mini fridge and microwave. I couldn't have found a better motel for the price. I will never need to look for another hotel in missoula again.

Room Tip: They're all great
  • Stayed April 2011
6 Thank JustATraveler1
Bullhead City, Arizona
Reviewed 8 April 2011

I stayed here for about three months. Clean, quiet, safe. very active management.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo