Motel 6 Missoula - University
Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport(Missoula)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$149
US$122
US$166
US$147
Quality Inn & Suites(Missoula)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
US$154
US$102
Staybridge.com
La Quinta Inn Missoula(Missoula)(Great Value!)
US$124
La Quinta
Motel 6 Missoula(Missoula)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$71
Comfort Inn University(Missoula)(Great Value!)
US$117
Super 8 Missoula/Reserve St.(Missoula)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$78
All reviewsplace to staysmall kitchenpleasant staycomfortable bedthe riverrooms are cleancarpetuniversityremodelsumcomforterbenchesmattresseskeyhousekeepertrail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I have stayed in the extended stay and motel portions of this property and I have enjoyed the price and location.

It is comfortable and relaxing. I have stayed here many times over the last 10 years and it has improved a lot over the previous ownership.

If you need a small kitchen I would recommend the extended stay rooms.

Room Tip: The extended stay rooms have mini kitchens, ask about them if you're planning on doing any in room cooking.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

The staff and owners seem very nice. No complaints there; very friendly and helpful.

This room had a kitchen with stove, microwave, sink, and fridge, which was great (not all.rooms have this). The room was quite large and clean, although there were some nasty water stains on the ceiling in the bathroom. The floors are linoleum, not carpet, which is, while not nice looking or feeling, very hygienic. The air conditioning was VERY loud. The water pressure on the shower is horrible. That bothered me a lot. However, the vanity mirror/sink/counter area attached to the bathroom was okay, and that had a big closet with cubby shelves and drawers in it, and a large wall mirror... not a bad set up there.

My biggest complaint is actually the lighting in the room. I didn't know how important lighting could be in a motel until I stayed here. The lighting is very dim and horribly cold. It's a very blueish light; while I don't think it did, you would expect that kind of light to create an unpleasant buzzing noise. It gave me a sense of being in a rundown bus station at night in a depressing independent film. It made me feel quite uncomfortable - like I just could not feel even a tiny bit at home. I found staying in that kind of lighting for 4 nights very difficult, especially when combined with that cold linoleum floor, and the cold colours in the room, which I think they figured to seem more modern.

Those things aside, the location is very good - it's a nice stroll to downtown Missoula - maybe an easy ten minute stroll. It is also very close to various places to get food (mostly fast food, but again, downtown is close), a convenience store/gas station, a bar, the university campus... I can't think of a more central location for close walking access to so many areas. And it was cheap.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Third time staying at this hotel (early January) and would have given it 5 stars except that on this trip I had to wait almost 15 minutes to check in because no staff was present and there was no bell or buzzer to alert staff of guest arrival (at 6 p.m.). Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. I especially like the lights above each bed and the double plug ins available bedside. In the summer the AC worked great and the heater worked well this time. Good location for on/off freeway access and very close to UM. I will definitely stay here again. Great value for the price! $46 winter, $65 summer.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We were passing through Missoula with our dog and had a wonderful experience here. Stellar location close to downtown and easy access to I-90. The staff was friendly and informative. The rooms were recently remodeled and very clean. We will be back in a few months for sure!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while passing through. Motel was good value for the price. All front counter staff were friendly to deal with. Close to many dining options. Room itself was clean and elegantly simple. No weird smells. Close to the highway for easy access. Parking spots were crazy-small, but not a major issue. Would stay there again when passing through.

• Stayed: November 2012