I have stayed at the Grant Creek Inn many times over the years. Sometimes twice - a few nights on out bound and few on the return trip. I was a big fan of GCI but over the years the shine has worn off because something always happens. Everything from messed up reservations to no heat in the room and many other overlooked issues.
This trip the check-in was good.. The staff was fairly friendly though not as well trained. Issues came up that they should have caught at check in and didn’t. They worked it out but not without some tension and the possibility of paying a higher rate. My advice is not to talk to the underlings and always ask for a manager. The front desk is the heart of the operation. They represent the GCI and they seem to care less and less about the guests as time goes by.
The location is good. The beds are firm. The rooms are mostly clean. The breakfast room has lots of choices, but they rarely keep up! When the room is stocked and they have coffee out, it's great. I would say go right when they open, but they won’t be ready and stuff won’t be out. And if it’s a weekend and something like a sports event is in town. Forget about it.
This last trip I was not very well rested when I left the next morning so I’ll have to think about staying here again and I plan to explore other hotels in Missoula.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Near many area attractions, businesses and eateries, a restful retreat or productive business trip await you at this recently renovated Missoula hotel. Just three miles from downtown, you can easily find fine dining and unique shops while staying at this Missoula hotel. With many charming attractions nearby - Missoula Smokejumpers Visitor's Center, Carousel-Dragon Hollow Park, Larchmont Golf Course and Montana Snow Bowl Ski Area - you're sure to find something for everyone. Montana Rock Creek, Glacier National Park and Garnet Ghost Town are also can't miss attractions.You're ensured a productive work trip when staying at this Missoula hotel, as Saint Patrick's Hospital, the Department of Natural Resources, Western States Insurance, Rocky Mountain Elk Corporation, Washington Corporation and Institute of Facial Surgery are all within five miles or less. With University of Montana only eight miles away, visiting the area's students and faculty is a breeze.Feel right at home in the comfortable, spacious rooms at this Missoula hotel. All rooms offer cable or satellite television with Pay-per-view, free Wi-Fi, a microwave, a refrigerator, a desk and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Best Western Plus Grant Creek Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Grant Creek Hotel Missoula
- Best Western Missoula
- Missoula Best Western
- Best Western Plus Grant Creek Inn Missoula, Montana