“Always nice”

Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Helena, Montana
“Always nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel with great location for everything to do in Missoula. Clean, quiet and friendly front end staff.
Location is just one block to the downtown. Walking to everything, ie restaurants, coffee shops and shopping.

Room Tip: Outside facing rooms are most pleasant
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Traveler12z,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our centralized location accompanied with great rooms and a friendly staff.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Amanda B,
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've been coming here on business for many years now and this hotel is top notch. It is bright and spacious with easy access and sufficient parking. The rooms are pre-cooled for your arrival on hot days. The reception and bell staff are only glad to help you, not only with your check-in and luggage, but with tourist information and assistance getting to the airport or elsewhere around Missoula. The hotel is within walking distance of a good choice of restaurants and has the distinct advantage of being on the park along the Clark Fork River. It's really pedestrian friendly.

This is a busy hotel, but it does get looked after. Sure, it does get run down over time - scratches on the walls, general wear and tear, that kind of thing - but it tends not to get out of hand and it does get spruced up now and again. That sort of consistency is what a traveller wants.

As with any good hotel, it's not the building that makes the difference. It's the staff. These people are on top of their game and have been for some time. I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Exit52,

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate your kind words and I am glad that our staff consistently goes above and beyond when meeting your expectations!

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the amenities that our location has to offer. Being centralized certainly has a lot of benefits such as many dining options, shopping and the walking trail that can be accessed directly behind the hotel.

I appreciate your time and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

So Cal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Our room was overlooking the supply area so not a great view but the room was nice. If you go to the restaurant you can sit outside and overlook a beautiful park. It is right downtown so I am sure is very convenient for business travelers.

Service? We were on motorcycles and needed to clean our windshields. I asked for some old towels so I didn't mess up their newer towels. They weren't up to having someone go get some. Sorry guys since I had to mess up your good towels.

I was mystified that they didn't have coffee for their guests in the lobby. Many hotels in this category give breakfast. If I wanted coffee, I had to wait for the restaurant to open or if the flight crews that they cater to didn't drink the coffee they kept behind the bellhop area, I could have some. Not complaining about them catering to the flight crews. To the GM, coffee can't cost that much to provide

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park not the parking lots
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Gr1069,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was less than exceptional. I do appreciate all feedback, negative or positive, as it allows us the opportunity to make improvements so that we are meeting our guest's expectations.

I apologize that the service that you experienced during your stay didn't meet the expectation. It is very important to the Holiday Inn team that we provide superior service and your feedback is very helpful in ensuring that happens. If you would be so willing as to reach out to me and provide additional details, I would very much appreciate it! You can reach me by calling 406-721-8550 and asking for Amanda.

I am happy to hear that you did enjoy our central location as well as our patio at Brooks and Browns! We do love our location and I hope that next time you are in town you are able to take advantage of all the dining and shopping within walking distance.

Again, I appreciate your time and I hope to hear from you soon!
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Cons: We stayed at the third floor. Inside the room, you could hear people out in the hallways & banging (which sounded like it was coming from upstairs). It kept waking me up. We're planning to visit the area again for a week long stay, but the noise level throughout the night was enough for me to book my stay at another hotel.

Pros: Comfy bed, clean room, EXCELLENT staff & service provided, location, location, & location. The river & trail is right outside the hotel. Just a couple of blocks away is the downtown scene. The staff is amazing! We were constantly greeted! We requested for extra blanket & they came up w/ the blanket right away (even delivered it w/ a nice smile). I wish the hotel wasn't so loud (I know the staff wouldn't be able to do a thing about it), coz every thing else was perfect!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear TheEarthBender,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown. I apologize that your stay was less than exceptional. I really appreciate your candidness about the room you stayed in and your kind words in regards to the staff! Thank you!

I would like the opportunity to bring you back and ensure that your stay is nothing but exceptional! Please contact me by calling 406.721.8550 and asking for Amanda. I would love to gather additional details about the room you stayed in last time as well as visit about potential options that we might have for your week-long visit. I can certainly understand the importance of having a room that is quiet and comfortable and I am confident that we can provide that solution.

Again, I appreciate your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

Amanda B
Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Cheri, Amanda and Courtney accommodated our graduation group, including two elderly relatives, with positive attitudes and attendance to everyone's specific needs. The hotel wheel chair was immediately made available in-house and phone numbers for local equipment providers were shared immediately upon request. The on-site restaurant breakfast proved to be a favorite of the group due to the breadth of options and the quality of the food. This choice provided flexibility for everyone's schedules and allowed time to visit in smaller groups. Cheri, Amanda and Courtney made sure our rooms were close to the elevator but still looking toward the river park. Our block of rooms were quiet and everyone slept well. We all enjoyed our Holiday Inn stay and the conveniences it provided.

Room Tip: If you are here during the weekend, ask for a room overlooking the farmers' market! The river vi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Annie A,

Cheri, Courtney and I thank you so much for your kind words in regards to your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown. I am very happy that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and it was a pleasure to assist you. I am very pleased that you were able to enjoy time with relatives in a comfortable and convenient setting. I look forward to your next stay with us and please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything else I can assist with. You can reach me by calling the front desk at 406-721-8550 and asking for Amanda.

Amanda B
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We held a fundraiser in the atrium last night, and it couldn't have been better! Thanks to Joe, Kayla, and Jolena for taking such great care of us! All expectation exceeded, and we'll be back again!

The food (appetizers) was delicious and the room was inviting. Bar service was quick, and that's important when you have over 100 thirsty people all arrive at once.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear TETWPMT,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent event that was held at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and I am very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We agree that Joe, Kayla and Jolena do a fantastic job ensuring the events are well taken care of.

We definitely look forward to a future success hosting your next event!

Ramat Gan, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

First time I arrived in Missoula, Montana I had no clue where should I spend the night .... I was invited to participate to a GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Conference at the State University in Missoula, Montana. I know almost nothing about Missoula, only from travel guides. I was guided for accommodation to Holiday Inn hotel (where also the conference was taking place). Even though I did not reserved a fancy room (due to my "student" resources), I enjoyed a lot my staying!!!
So, if you look for a nice, clean and not expensive room to spend the night, then Holiday Inn must be your choice!!!
ENJOY!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear CZandelis,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown. A 5 star review is a great way to show other travelers how much you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate it! I am extremely pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel and services.

We look forward to your next stay with us!