“Friendly staff, sufficient for Adventure Trips”

Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Ohio, USA
“Friendly staff, sufficient for Adventure Trips”
Reviewed 3 September 2014

I stayed at this hotel solely to sleep. Missoula is a beautiful town with a lot to explore. The staff here was extremely friendly and willing to answer any questions we had. The hotel is clean and well kept. We had no issues with noise or other guests and this would be an ideal place to stay if you are visiting Missoula for the outdoor activities, sports event, or exploration of the town. The only negative thing we could find is the hotel does not offer a continental breakfast. This was not a major issue for us as we prefer to eat elsewhere when it comes to traveling. Overall, nice hotel and friendly staff and good location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear JC E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! I am glad that you enjoyed our wonderful staff and our location. In lieu of a continental breakfast we do offer our full service restaurant and lounge, Brooks & Browns Bar & Grill, where they do offer a full menu. It does sound like you were able to dine at one our many great restaurants in the downtown area, which is also a great option as there are many.

We look forward to your next trip to Missoula!

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Reviewed 3 September 2014

Perfect location and everything is within walking distance. The restaurant/ lounge had great service and very good food for a reasonable price. The salmon dinner and fish taco come highly recommended. Thank you Stacey and Jessie for making our stay wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for an outer wall room facing the river
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Tara H,

Thank you for the great review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our proximity to all that downtown Missoula has to offer. I will certainly pass along your kind words in regards to your experience in Brooks & Browns to the team, they will be thrilled!

We definitely look forward to your next stay!

Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was told to lock my bike on the rack in from of the hotel. The next morning, it was gone! I would recommend that a security camera be installed. Needless to say, I was very upset and felt extremely violated. This event was followed by poor service in a variety of areas. The second day, I had to round up my own clean washcloths and call the front desk for a box of Kleenex. The Kleenex were never brought to the room, so I complained to the manager. Finally, when the room was cleaned, there was a new box in the bathroom. The hotel was noisy at night; we could hear people above us and next door. I would NEVER choose this hotel in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Renee K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent experience.

I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than exceptional. We certainly don't like for our guests to have an experience like this when they say with us. We will be sure to use the feedback for future stays for our guests.

If you find that you need accommodation in the future, please contact me directly by calling 406.721.8550 and asking for Amanda. I would be happy to ensure that you have an exceptional experience should you chose to give us another chance!

Liberty Lake, Washington
Reviewed 1 August 2014

There were ups and downs (mostly ups) about this place. It is in an excellent location within walking distance of downtown. The staff was also very friendly and the beds reasonably comfortable. We had a room facing the atrium and others said, it is pretty dark. However, this allowed us to sleep in and that was a good thing! The bathroom is hysterically small and I think I had a bigger one in my travel trailer. Not that big a deal to me but for others it may be an issue. The room was large however and we had a nice couch and sitting area. The only time they really dropped the ball is with house keeping. By 3 in the afternoon after we returned from traveling our room was still not cleaned. Pretty inexcusable. This was one of the cheaper rooms available in downtown (good) but it was still priced like we were in Seattle. Nevertheless, I would go back and get a room facing the outdoors.

Room Tip: Get an outside facing room. Go to the Top Hat for a show!
1 Thank SpokaneHikerBoy
Amanda B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear SpokaneHikerboy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay!

I sincerely apologize that parts of your stay were less than exceptional. I will be sure to pass this feedback along to hour housekeeping department to ensure timely service.

The next time you need accommodations in Missoula, please reach out to me directly so that I can ensure that your stay with us is nothing but exceptional! I can be reached by calling 406.721.8550 and asking for Amanda.

I look forward to working with you in the future!

Romsey
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Nice location, down by the river and handy for the Pearl Cafe (http://www.pearlcafe.us/) voted No. 1 restaurant in Missoula. But sorry this was the noisiest hotel room in many years. Conversations from the adjoining room were easily overheard along with any other noise made in the room. The ceiling boomed every time guests in the room above walked across their floor and their air conditioning unit was heard in our room (goodness knows how they slept through it.
Furnishings are 'tired', cleaning needs more attention.

2 Thank DCL0
Dear DCL0,

Thank you for your review! I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than exceptional. I value all guest feedback as it allows to make improvements to provide a superior guest experience. I will certainly pass your feedback along to the appropriate departments and I have every confidence that appropriate adjustments will be made.

If there is any other feedback you would like to provide, please contact me directly by calling 406.721.8550 and asking for Amanda.

I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Post Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We just returned from the Celtic Festival in Missoula, MT. This is our third annual summer trip to Missoula and each time we have stayed in a different hotel. We won't be doing that again! Our next trip to Missoula will involve staying at the Holiday Inn downtown! The room was very comfortable and very clean. We loved the oversize pillows on the beds.
I requested a room facing the river which was very nice; by the way it pays to belong to their travel club.
The rate was very reasonable for such a nice room. That is why this was our third hotel; we previously paid more for a room that was not as nice or comfortable at a different hotel.
The staff was awesome! Very friendly and helpful! The lobby was very nice and clean as was the rest of the hotel that we saw. Their restaurant and lounge Brooks and Browns was very nice and the cocktail prices were average.
The location allows you to easily walk to the park (were the festival was), the river and most of downtown. There is a lot of outdoor recreation around Missoula and this would be a very good "base" to operate from. We loved it! We will be back!

Room Tip: Request a river room. They overlook the river and park.
1 Thank Billbear56
Dear Billbear56,

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. We do have a great location and I am glad that you able to take advantage of it this year for the Celtic Festival downtown. We certainly look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in Missoula, hopefully before next summer!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for one night during a road trip from Yellowstone to Glacier national parks. A pleasant city centre location and perfectly comfortable accommodation, but it's very much a functional business hotel, a little lacking in charm. I'm glad we had an external room and not one looking into the huge central atrium. Check-in was efficient but again a bit too business-like for a holidaying couple.

Room Tip: Try to get an external room!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear EKTraveller52,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay!

I sincerely apologize that your stay was not exceptional. We do have several different types of guests that stay with us including vacationers and business. I appreciate your feedback from a vacationing perspective! If there is any additional feedback you would like to ensure we have, please contact me directly at 406-721-8550 and ask for Amanda. I love to hear feedback from our guests as it allows us the opportunity to grow and provide the experience that our guests want to receive.

I hope to hear from you!