Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula
  • Fitness centre
Bel Aire Motel(Missoula)
Downtown Motel(Missoula)
View Hotel
All reviewsclose to downtowncaras parkfree breakfasthash brownsmorning breakfaststay there againcomfortable bedswafflesroad tripthe rivercerealgalmontanauniversity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Every day was an adventure...day 1: arrived to a bed with DIRT in it, day 2: room did not recieve maid services, and day 3: woke up to a tripped circuit breaker (no electricity) and room did not recieve maid services, again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the lack of housekeeping service during your stay. We will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff.
You are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

My boyfriend brought me here for my birthday, to get a weekend of relaxation as I am 6 months pregnant. He specifically booked it for the hot tub,and only upon check in did we learn it was out of order. We were not allowed to cancel our reservation or be upgraded.
Then, beginning at 10am housekeeping came by every half hour , when check-out is at noon! There is no "do not disturb" sign, luckily the extra bolt works.
We will not be staying at any red lions again, especially this one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Please accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experiences at our property. We take your concerns seriously and the fact that you were not advised of the hot tub being out of order, is disappointing.
Your feedback is appreciated and we will make note of this situation to discuss with our team. Thank you for being a valued guest and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

We were disappointed in our stay at the Red Lion in Missoula. Although it is centrally located and an easy walk to downtown, it is in need of some attention. The rooms are dated; A/C leaks; the stairwells to get to the second floor are dirty and unkept. The pool is not bad and we could take beverages to the seating area. We have stayed in other Red Lion hotels (like Lewiston) and they are great - this one needs a facelift and a cleaning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding lack of cleanliness throughout the hotel and that the air conditioning unit in your room leaked. This is definitely not the type of stay we want you to have and these issues will be addressed accordingly.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We arrived for a 2 night booked stay. Never again, not here. Not sure if the bed sheets had been slept in or if they had laid in the dryer for a few days, extremely bunched up and wrinkled. The freezer portion of the refrigerator had brown icky stuff that had melted and frozen and dripped on out of the freezer onto the frig trays. The first night there were no wash cloths....we were ready to shower, I called the front desk to be told if we wanted some, to come get them. The worst offense of all was there was a long drip of blood on the lower tank of the toilet. Found a card stating who had cleaned the room and I left a long hand written note telling about things that needed taken care of. When exiting room the next morning, there was a maid right in front of our door. She said she was going to clean our room, so I stated all the issues that needed attention, including the freezer melt and blood drip. My husband took out a generous tip and gave to her, which she responded with all smiles. We left to shop and sight see, came back that evening, none of the cleaning issues had taken place. There were wash cloths, but still the scum in frig and worse of all the blood. We should have just left then and there, we were upset, but it was LATE, so we contended. The next morning at check out, I very kindly and appropriately addressed the issues. The front desk clerk didn't seem at all concerned, but offered to take off $7.50 a night. Was not going to argue, but in all reality, there should have been a substantial refund for at least one night. Upon returning home, I contacted the Red Lion customer service. Again, not a lot of concern regarding the state of the dirty room and issues. What was offered was for us to join the "Red Lion Club" and be given points towards a stay. NO THANK YOU. That just didn't do it for us. Not after staying in filfth. We would have felt differently had an offer to refund the full price of at least one night be offered. These folks do not care about customer service, quality or cleaniness. The Department of Health would not be happy to see motels conducting business like this one.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Please accept my sincerest apologies on behalf of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your experiences at our property. We take your concerns seriously and the fact that your room was not properly cleaned after speaking to our housekeeping staff, is very disappointing.
This is definitely not the type of stay we want you to have! Please be assured that we will make note of this situation to discuss with our team. Thank you for being a valued guest and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

I arrived at 2 o'clock to be informed that check-in could not be until after 3. This is a common policy and not specifically troubling except that it was handled in a most unresponsive manner. I went away and came back. I did not realize there are showers only - no tubs. Although the room was clean enough - the portable air conditioner was only somewhat helpful.

I tried to get ice -- neither ice machine appeared to be working and the employees (housekeeping personnel) felt that if I 'came back in a few minutes' there might be some ice. But the weather is hot and the demand must be high. I called the desk and was informed much the same.

I checked out in the morning. At approximately noon I realized I might have left an envelope behind. After one call to housekeeping, I was informed the room had not yet been cleaned - but they would let me know if they found anything. I asked if I might not look at the room myself -- certainly not.

In general I found the staff to be less than concerned about guest comfort and more concerned about perceived rules. Perhaps this comes from a management team -- perhaps not.

In no case could I recommend this accommodation. I have enjoyed my stay at other Red Lion Inns -- but not this one.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Denver159
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do apologize that our front desk did not provide you with friendly and welcoming service. I would like to apologize for multiple ice machines not working during your stay as well. Please be assured that these issues will be addressed accordingly.
We strive to provide all our guests with the high quality of service that we maintain throughout all of our hotels. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards