Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula
Ruby's Inn(Missoula)(Great Value!)
US$106
Wingate by Wyndham Missoula Airport(Missoula)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$110
C'mon Inn(Missoula)
US$149
US$139
StoneCreek Lodge Missoula(Missoula)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$124
US$118
US$145
US$128
Comfort Inn University(Missoula)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$110
All reviewsclose to downtowncaras parkfree breakfasthash brownsmorning breakfaststay there againcomfortable bedswafflesroad tripthe rivercerealgalmontanauniversity
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Back in August I took a trip to Portland. On the way back home, I drove through Montana. Wanted to stop in Missoula for the night and based off a previous Red Lion stay in another city, gave this one a chance. Not as good as the one I stayed at in Boise, but this one has its own charm and perks.
Free breakfast and wi-fi. Very comfortable bed. Room was a tad small and walls are bit thin, but so are most hotels. The hotel is laid out like a lodge and also has a pool.
The best part is its location. Just a few short blocks from downtown where there are plenty of craft breweries and restaurants to partake.
This stay just solidified by enjoyment of the Red Lion franchise. Too bad they are only in the Northwest.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kimmel59
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Our stay in Missoula was a last minute, unplanned stop over. We had our dog with us and the first two hotels we tried were either not pet friendly or did not have any pet friendly rooms left. The hotel did not make much of an impression when we pulled into the parking lot: it seemed pretty empty and kind of dark, and so my expectations were not high. I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at how wrong I was! The woman at the front desk was so nice, she checked us in quickly and gave us a quick little spiel about amenities and breakfast. The price for our room was very reasonable, including the $15 charge for the dog. I was really impressed with our room: although it was a little small, it looked as if had either been newly renovated or very well cared for. Everything seemed new, from the furniture to all the fixtures, and the room itself was extremely clean. There is an outside pool (closed for the season) and a very large hot tub that we had all to ourselves. The water was clean and really hot, a perfect way to end a long day. The hotel was very quiet; at first I thought it was because the hotel was empty, but when we got up in the morning, the parking lot was full, so either they had a lot of late check-ins, or everyone was gone to dinner when we checked in. Their breakfast was really good, probably the best complimentary breakfast I've ever had. Cheesy omelets, bacon, yogurt, fresh fruit, hot cereal, cold cereal, really excellent fresh coffee, tea, orange juice, waffles, toast, bagels and more. There was plenty of seating upstairs and in the lobby area, and the front desk lady said we were welcome to take coffee and breakfast back to our room if we wanted. I really felt that the staff there went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. I was very impressed with this hotel and would recommend it to others and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the hot tub, it's an outside one, so ask for a room near it and save yourself a long cold walk back to your room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The staff was friendly and very kindly granted our request for a ground floor room. This hotel is an excellent value. Our room was clean, quiet and the beds were very comfortable. TV, radio, fridge, microwave, coffee in the room were all there. Breakfast was good, with cheese omelets, sausage and 'make your own waffles.' There were a couple of minor maintenance issues in teh bathroom that I am sure the management fixed when we reported them in the morning. The breakfast area is a bit small which is okay later in the morning in the off season but might pose a challenge in high season - a solution would be to bring the food back to the room and eat it leisurely there. Overall a great hotel. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This was a fantastic stop on a long road trip. The hotel room was clean and comfortable, with nice toiletries available. A hot breakfast, instead of continental, was a really nice bonus too! I'm surprised to see the negative comments about this hotel, because I really enjoyed it... the staff were helpful and friendly, the room and surrounding areas were clean and felt safe, and check-in and out were quick and efficient. Absolutely no complaints from me!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Leigh O
Reviewed 21 September 2013

When I checked in the room a was given had not been cleaned . Bed not made and food on the table. Reported this and was assigned another room not much better room had a strong odder of not being clean, I should not have stayed but not knowing the town . I had the room booked for four nights . Went to my meeting the next day I made arrangements for another room at different Motel for a better price and a lot better. When I checked out they charged me $50.00 early check out fee.

Room Tip: Choose a different Motel
Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the cleanliness in your guest room when you checked in. I apologize that our staff was not more accommodating in this situation and that you went to another hotel. This is not how we want your stay with us to go and I assure you this will be addressed accordingly with our staff.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!