“Pet friendly stay”

Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
Missoula, Montana
“Pet friendly stay”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I only visited Missoula for an evening and had my dog with me. The Red Lion only charged a $15 dollar pet fee and gave us dog treats at arrival. The room was affordable and comfortable. They provided a local paper in the morning, which I appreciated. Their breakfast was average, nothing special. I will definitely be staying there again when I return.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Salida, Colorado
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We've stayed here a few times and have always found our room to be clean, comfortable and nice. However, this time our room, 116, was right next to the cleaning staff's office. Each time they enter or leave their office, which can be up to around 15 or so times in as many minutes, the door slams so loud it sounds like it is in our room. We had our 7 month old baby with us and like most babies she naps a couple of times a day. I called the front desk during one of our baby's attempts to nap and the gentleman was very understanding and said he would speak to the cleaning staff about not letting their office door slam. Either the message was not clearly communicated to all staff or they simply ignored the message. The door continued to slam throughout the day several times an hour. Even if our child had not been with us, the fact that room 116 had guests in it should have been a clear indicator to staff in that office that the noise should be kept to a respectable level. Disappointed this time around.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Convenient to downtown, price to value during this season good, an older motel adequately maintained, could use some updates to brighten the rooms up. Microwaved bacon and eggs at breakfast bar were poor.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Touchet, Washington, United States
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was barely average. The room was pretty small and narrow with little room for two people to pass one another either direction. The bed was good and the room was clean but the décor was pretty old and tired.
I had hot water for my shower but my wife said she could get only luke warm. The price was right there with other Red Lion properties that are located along major freeways.

Room Tip: lower your expectations of this brand
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Emily B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you very much for providing helpful feedback regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed our great staff, but I'm sorry you felt the overall stay did not meet your expectations. We take all of our guest’s comments seriously as they assist us in providing better service. We hope you will be staying with us again so we can prove our ability to exceed your expectations

Travellers are raving about these Missoula hotels

Missoula
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have been pleased with Red Lion in the past and Missoula, MT is no exception. Great staff, pleasant accommodations. The quality is a significant step up from similarly-priced competitors. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Idalia N
Missoula
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I asked to negotiate a better price for our stay. We have stayed at the hotel before and didn't have any issues. The answer I received was well sorry you should of called and we would of called the police. This was not a police issue. A $10 discount was offered but during check out I was told the same price as I was given at check in due to taxes? Made no sense, we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We certainly understand why that would have an effect on the quality of your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. You are a valued guest and we hope to better serve you during your next stay.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Being that Missoula is a collage town hotels are VERY over priced! I also accitentaly stayed there on business , just before there homecoming weekend! opps didn't know. Anyways Staff was great, rooms were clean. The Price here was the BEST I could find in the entire area without over paying for nothing more, or staying at anything lower class. I would recommend this hotel and will be back when I come to the area again. Thanks to the friendly staff!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business