“Bad Pool”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Missoula
“Bad Pool”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We were told while we were booking that the pool would be ready and available May 1st. It was not. On the days leading up to and including the first there didn't seem to be anyone working on the pool to get it ready. When it was finally "ready" it looked as if the cover had been taken off, the few pool toys put out and the furniture surrounding the pool set up. The pool was full of leaves and debris and the screws for the cover were still sticking out of the ground. There was another family at the pool with small children at the pool who said they notified the staff and were told "the pool guy already left". For the safety of the children we all pitched in to remove these dangers. If this was all the work that went into opening the pool it should have been done the day we arrived.

The fan in the bathroom did not work. The cleaning staff skipped vaccuuming when they were in our room which was spotty. We had to request an AC unit in a room listed with air conditioning, we were not the only people with heat issues as we noticed many doors propped open to cool down rooms. The breakfast was repetitive. We stayed here last year and it was wonderful, this year not so much.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Spokane, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I knew this would be an older property because the rate I got was fantastically low, but I was surprised at how old it looked! That said, the room was very clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Our only problem was arriving on the first 80 degree day of the year - the hotel's old HVAC system could only do heat (for the whole hotel) or AC, but not both, and they hadn't switched it over for the season yet because nights in Missoula are still quite cold. The desk clerk informed us of the issue at check in and offered fans if we needed them. We left our window open hoping it would cool down while we were at dinner, but the day still being quite warm, that didn't work. So I went and got a fan. It fit the window perfectly, and actually worked pretty well to keep the room bearable, although I did have to keep it running all night and it was still too warm even the next morning. I appreciated the clerk's candor about the issue at check in, though, and understood that it was beyond her control to do anything about it. Other than the heat issue, the room was very comfortable, and the great location for visiting downtown or UM might lead me to stay there again. I'll check the weather first though!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

United States
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've been staying at the Red Lion Inn since 1997, every trip I make thru the area I know that I have a comfortable and safe place to stay. It's close to downtown for dinning, shoping, etc... I'll change my schedule a little to make sure I stay at the Red Lion Inn... There's always room for my truck and trailer close by and always a 'pet' room so my dog is welcome... Nice to know that with a phone call early in the day I can have a nice place to stay!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Clean rooms, friendly staff, a good value for the dollar. Nice location - walking distance to the downtown area and river park area but still a quite location. Grocery store next door for quick snacks.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Clean motel and reasonable price. Fairly quite and sooo nice that is right next to a grocery store. Was really nice that it is next to a grocery store.
That's all I have to say, but silly review makes me enter certain @ of characters

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The two days we stayed at this hotel we never had hot water even after we called to complain. We never got the issue resolved and they never moved us to a different room. The beds were uncomfortable and the breakfast was a joke. The outdoor halls smelt like an ash tray and the two days we were there the cigarette butts never got swept up off the stairs leading up to the second floor.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for providing this valuable feedback so that we can address these areas with our staff. There is no reason, nor is it acceptable, to not have hot water during your stay. We apologize tremendously for the experiences you encountered during your stay and we hope you will provide us with the opportunity to rectify these issues so that we can have you back and provide you with the superior service deserved!
Kind Regards

Travellers are raving about these Missoula hotels

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was surprised this was a red lion hotel, ive stayed in others and they have all been better then average. This hotel on the other hand was not what i expected. The room was small and packed full of furniture, including a very very large tv cabinet. Which makes sense because the tv was still the old school tube type. The room needs to be overhauled (the entire hotel really).

The room was hot (around 78 degrees) and when i tried to use the AC unit to cool the room it made a horrible noise and only blew warm air out. I ended up opening the window in 33 degree weather to cool the room down.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Emily B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Missoula, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I would like to thank you for your review! All feedback, good or bad, assists us in making our guests stay more comfortable. I would like to truly apologize that you were disappointed in your stay and that we haven't updated our rooms yet. We value you as our guest, and look forward to having you with us again soon.